Just bought an Evo!

• Thread starter TS1AWD
  • 36 comments
On Friday, a 2005 Lancer Evolution VIII MR rolled into the used car lot at the dealership I work at. I quickly ran over and drooled all over it. The used car manager threw me the keys and said I could go take it for a ride! So, wasting no time, I did. I have driven an Evo VIII before but it was not an MR Edition, and I was impressed. I had already been planning on purchasing an Evo next year, but when an MR comes in with the same color you wanted, and for the right price, I could not pass it up. I asked him what he was going to sell it for? He replied, "well bluebook is $31,000 on it right now, but for an employee, I'll give it to you for $21,800." So as you all would know, I right than and there said, "SOLD!" Monday I drove it home and it has been nothing but incredible so far. Here is a pic!

DSCF0053.jpg

$21,800? Wow. What a deal.
I know someone that traded in a terribly beat up 03 with 80k and still got $18,000 on the trade, and it was sold for $23,000
To get an 05 with, I presume low miles, for that price is amazing.

I've driven a IX MR, and I loved it.

Congrats.

Yes it is Graphite Gray, and it has 24,000 miles but the car still looks new inside and out. The previous owner had taken good care of it. And best of all, I now have a 4G63 in warranty!!! :dopey:

Congrats, man.
There's a nice white one for sale at a gas station nearby. If only I had some money. And a license. And some more money.

congratulations!
awsome deal! so what are your plans for it?
i rarely say this, but beautiful color, had i painted my MKII golf before i sold it (i was close) i was going to paint it that color.

*drools and searches for jobs at car dealerships......*

congrats man, I woulda done the same in your position had I had the funds available.

Congrats! It's moments like those that you glad to work at a car dealership, right?

Now go back to getting slagged off and bitched out by a customer or two!

Don't autocross it, or at least, don't tell the internet world that you do so, or you'll need to get on good terms with your District/Zone Manager for goodwill warranty claims.

The car is just going to be a daily driver. It is 100% stock and I wan't to keep it that way, as well to keep the warranty. I still am keeping my 400hp Talon around so I will still have something to drive if I needed to feel something with more boost than 20psi in the Evo :sly:

Working at a dealership does have it's perks at times, but now in this situation, having a girlfriend at an insurance company has turned out to be more of a perk!

Pure sex, didnt know they got the MR edition in the states. Got a very good price too, enjoy! I take it the US version comes with 280hp? A quick re chip and a new exhaust system should put that up to 380hp.

Nice car, very good deal, where are the plates? I've seen that before on some cars in the US, no plates, or at least not on the front, but I can't remebmer why that is.

The plate situation here in the US is odd. Some states don't even issue a front plate (mostly a cost-saving measure), others will ticket you for not having one. (Like here in Cali.)

Anyway, nice purchase for the Evo. They're really a very good car, as much as it pains me to admit it! Awesome deal, too, I suppose with a price like that, the STi can't hope to compete anyway, heck, I'd take the deal any day, provided I had the money. (Although not before making sure there wasn't a comparable STi available anywhere for a good deal...)

Congrats!!! Those cars are so awesome and they launch from a dead stop like a rocket!!! 👍
Like mentioned above those trannies dont handle too much severe abuse. Is it a 6 speed?

CAMAROBOY69
Congrats!!! Those cars are so awesome and they launch from a dead stop like a rocket!!! 👍
Like mentioned above those trannies dont handle too much severe abuse. Is it a 6 speed?

Indeed it is, all US MRs are 6spd. (Japan had a 6spd MR-GSR and a 5spd MR-RS, IIRC)

live4speed
Nice car, very good deal, where are the plates? I've seen that before on some cars in the US, no plates, or at least not on the front, but I can't remebmer why that is.
If you own a sports car here, Texas will allow you to only include plates on the rear.

I wish the UK would adopt the no plates on the front of the car deal.... plates make a car look ugly. lol

Back