Just came to say…

• Thread starter Carbon_6
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
…HELLO! :D

So, where do I start?

• How did you find GTPlanet?
Well I’ve known about the GTPlanet community for about 2 to 3 years now, visiting for various tips and advice, plus catch up on the odd news bulletins and opinions, and finally decided to jump in.

• Where are you from?
Somewhere in the UK.

• When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?
It all started with GT2, but although that game provided my first experience of the series, it actually wasn’t the first racing game I took “seriously”: that honour goes to TOCA Touring Cars, even if I won races at first without using the brakes. :scared: Not a problem these days you'll be glad to hear.

My first proper introduction to the world of Gran Turismo actually came in the form of Concept 2002: Tokyo-Geneva on PS2, and at the time I was surprised that, for one reason or another, I had pretty much overlooked the series since only really doing time trials with GT2.

Then GT4 arrived.

I don't think my DS2 had ever seen so much action before the day that game came to my door, nor did my PS2’s discs reader: it broke under the strain, doing so whilst I was very, very far into the game (probably didn’t help that when I used to go to school or to bed, I’d leave the game running in B-Spec mode to do the 24 hour races). Anyway, brought another console, but couldn’t continue from where I’d left off because my game save was corrupted too. :( Still don't quite understand to this day how that happened, but I think the last event I remember doing was the Formula GT World Championship.

There were proper good times had with GT4 (racing the Audi R8 LMP around Midfield Raceway immediately springs to mind), but whether I'll go back to finish what I started is perhaps unlikely, considering how long it took to get to that point in the first place. On a side note, that period of time spent with the game was probably where my first introduction to GTPlanet originated: whether I got stuck on a particular race or wanted a quick way to earn some cash to spend on an expensive race car I would probably only use once then sell on again to fund an even more expensive model, this was the place I came to. How I came to visit though escapes me. :confused:

Moving forward, bought and played 5 and 6, but felt the direction the series had taken ultimately lead to a lack of interest in any future titles. GT Sport is on the horizon at the time of posting, but I’m kind of undecided at the moment. But as a whole though, the series, like for many members here I'm sure, has proven to be a big influence in my gaming life.

• Do you play with a steering wheel?
Not really. The only experience I've had with wheels has been in full size simulators, and said experiences have been few and far between.

• What other games do you enjoy?
I'll run a list passed you of some of the standout games/franchises for me that I've encountered over the years to give you an idea:

Ace Combat
Batman Arkham
Burnout
COD 4: Modern Warfare
Colin McRae Rally
Crash Bandicoot
Codemasters F1
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Journey
Tomb Raider
Mario
N++
Need for Speed
Pokémon
Portal 2
Ratchet & Clank
Resogun
Ridge Racer
Sonic
Spider-Man
Tetris
The Last Of Us
Tourist Trophy
Uncharted
WipEout

• What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?
Hopefully I can get to know the community better, throw in some opinions on various matters whether they be GT-related or otherwise, and perhaps race alongside some of you in the near future. 👍

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Hiiiiiiiii! :D

Is that it? You just came to say HELLO? So, now that you said HELLO, are you leaving again?

I prefer that you stay because people whom take the time to introduce themselves so well as you did, are probably going to be members whom probably contribute a lot to GTP. :D

Hello!

Is that it? You just came to say HELLO? So, now that you said HELLO, are you leaving again?

I prefer that you stay because people whom take the time to introduce themselves so well as you did, are probably going to be members whom probably contribute a lot to GTP. :D

Hello!

Still here. Hello again. :lol:

@Obelisk + @Nismonath5 Hello too. :)

Back