Just saw a car with painted stock wheels

• Thread starter JDMeddie
  • 85 comments
xxw3EzYx
I was in a room 10 mins ago and one of the guys had stock painted wheels..The car was a R33 skyline, I asked him how he got them painted and he tried trolling me saying they weren't the stock wheels, but clearly they are. Is this some type of glitch and does anyone know how to do it?

CARS THAT WORK:
Nissan Silvia S13
Nissan Silvia S15
Nissan Skyline R33
Mitsubishi Evo 6 T.M
Subaru WRX STI '07
Honda Integra Type R DC5
High End G37
Lancia Delta '91
Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R)
Citroen C4

Last edited:
Wow that's cool, but are you 100% sure that was a standard car?

EDIT: derp, standard wheels, not car

My R35 did that also but it's gone now. There is probably some sort of glitch to do it like he did but I am unaware of it.

No he's saying that the guy had painted the stock wheels, rather than changing them to after-market ones in Gt Auto

Ohhhhhh, now I get it. Well then it must be some glitch that he found and manipulated.

dude you can get a premium R33 from the nissan dealership and then paint the wheels. those arent the stock wheels either so its the premium version

that is a silly amount of camber. Ditto on the question about it being standard. I have a premium R33. Im pretty sure there is a premium R32 as well.

dude you can get a premium R33 from the nissan dealership and then paint the wheels. those arent the stock wheels either so its the premium version
Yes, they are the stock wheels, I'm looking at the R33 in the dealership right now. Standard or premium, it's a glitch.

Try this. go buy a premium car, buy new wheels, paint new wheels, and then go back to stock wheels? maybe they'll be painted like the aftermarket wheels.

Try this. go buy a premium car, buy new wheels, paint new wheels, and then go back to stock wheels? maybe they'll be painted like the aftermarket wheels.

Unfortunately I've tried it before and it doesn't work.

Hmmmmm.. interesting.

I've seen this once or twice... No clue how it happens though, I thought it was patched out very early. Would look awesome on quite a few cars though.

Probably changing tuning sheet? and it got glitched somehow.

I have a Berlina Black NSX and red rims, then I changed to the 2nd tuning sheet and I got white stock rims, the ones the white version of the car comes with. BTW It looks awesome black with white stock rims.

ChicoMaloXD
Probably changing tuning sheet? and it got glitched somehow.

I have a Berlina Black NSX and red rims, then I changed to the 2nd tuning sheet and I got white stock rims, the ones the white version of the car comes with. BTW It looks awesome black with white stock rims.

Ah yes we might have an answer...

that is a silly amount of camber. Ditto on the question about it being standard. I have a premium R33. Im pretty sure there is a premium R32 as well.

I was thinking the same thing about the camber when I looked at the pic.

I just tried the tuning sheet thing and it worked! Sadly it only works for certain cars because I tried doing it to other cars and it didn't work, so far it only works on the R33. I also tried it on one of my other R33s that has gold chrome wheels, and the stock wheels look like doodoo with the chrome, so gold chrome doesn't work that good

JDMeddie
I just tried the tuning sheet thing and it worked! Sadly it only works for certain cars because I tried doing it to other cars and it didn't work, so far it only works on the R33. I also tried it on one of my other R33s that has gold chrome wheels, and the stock wheels look like doodoo with the chrome, so gold chrome doesn't work that good

That's great!👍 you might want to start a list of cars where this is possible. Personally I'd really like to know.

That's great!👍 you might want to start a list of cars where this is possible. Personally I'd really like to know.

Agreed.. it would be awesome if this worked for more expensive premiums (Ferrari, etc). I know I had one case where I wanted the rims on my Ferrari to be "lighter" as a Ferrari's rims usually are.. the picture came out like sh^t in photomode because of the standard rims imo, and changing them is just out of the question! (thumbnail, huge image 56k warning) Even my overexposed shot barely had any highlights. I will test some but it would be better if a new thread was started with info on how to preform the glitch so more of the community could be submitting eligible cars.

Edit: You can't even change the wheels on the 430 :(

Last edited:
Anyone try it with the R35 yet? My wheels on the SpecV switched back to stock after changing the tune sheet but I didn't know about the glitch then. I'll try it tonight if no one posts about it before me.

Back