Kart Racing. Sponsored by TPC.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 152 comments
I’ve started to follow this thread sometime yesterday. I may join in this afternoon, depends on the weather here.

What settings for a wheel do you change to make the kart steer smoother?
If you can adjust the degrees of rotation on your wheel, I have found the best to be between 680 and 720. They really messed up the karts in this title but those setting will give you the greatest “feel”, makes the karts much more controllable. 👍

Me Too. :)

4E3311B4-2B32-408C-BA48-19F44704B408.png

Wow, this was such a blast, big thanks to @Bivittavus88 for organising and everyone who showed up to race.

The NASKART formula proved about as chaotic as I expected and I knew after that we were in for a fun evening.

I threw away P2 at Miyabi on the final two laps, making a right pigs ear out of the chicane twice in a row. Still had some excellent battling throughout.

Horse Thief was... Manic. I saw a lot of dust clouds and a few karts up in the hills. Still good racing and a defensive race for most of the way on my end. I'm a freak for liking that track but I do.

Finally after some good placings I wanted a podium out of the final race so I went MAXIMUM ATTACK from flag to flag, an awesome race for the whole duration battling @Pigems and his teammate (don't know your tag mate sorry). There was some bumping and jostling but I thought overall really respectful racing from you guys. I really seemed to have a knack for the line through the kink and fought to put the kart up the inside on every turn. It came down to the last lap but I managed to come away with a win and feel rather smug about myself.

Glad I came out and glad to see I still have pace in the kart. Just gonna sit by the phone now and wait for TPC to call... :)

@Bivittavus88 thank you very much for making this happen. It's the most fun I have had in a long time. For once I felt competitive in a race among you guys. I proved to myself that I have the speed but need to work on my race craft.
Thanks to all I battled with, sorry to anyone I bumped.
I changed my gearing for Horse Thief Mile and was stuck with it on BMB. But it was still fun.

Well that was eventful.

A spin during the NASKART race dropped me to dead last, and led to a great race with @RacingGrandpa, and then the leaders as they lapped us.

Miyabi and HTM were a mess. But fun.

BB Raceway was incredible. I spun again. But had an incredible race with @GOTMAXPOWER, @Drex124 @bloodyboyblue, @Invisigoth, and I'm sure there was someone else involved in a 5/6 way for what, 5th or 6th? I think we were all trying the bump draft/swap place technique to try and catch the leaders. But, it just didn't happen.

Massive thanks to everyone that came out.

Great stuff
You need to lock the gear ratios for each track differently though and give it more power, it tops out way too early at BB Raceway, it was struggling to get up to 112mph without a tow.

Did my best to try and do a 17 at Nothern but didn’t quite have the grunt, I think the guys in front of me must of been running a lower ratio, I think I was at 118mph whilst they where 106mph or 112mph???

Thanx again @Bivittavus88 for hosting! That .....was........INSANE!!!!! And thank you evereyone who was there. If you weren't there, man, you where nowhere! :P

Glad I came out and glad to see I still have pace in the kart. Just gonna sit by the phone now and wait for TPC to call... :)

Um, mate.... I hate to break it to ya... but you were drafted into TPC a long time ago... you just haven't worked that out yet ;).

BB Raceway was incredible. I spun again. But had an incredible race with @GOTMAXPOWER, @Drex124 @bloodyboyblue, @Invisigoth, and I'm sure there was someone else involved in a 5/6 way for what, 5th or 6th? I think we were all trying the bump draft/swap place technique to try and catch the leaders. But, it just didn't happen.

That was off the hook! I'd loose the pack, then I'd catch up. Then I'm in the middle of it... then back trailing a second or two behind, and the cycle repeats :lol:. Having seen how I handle being in the middle of a pack, you can see why I'm not a member of a bikie gang (Oh I forget the criminal element like to use the euphamism "motorcycle club" :sly:.).

Thanks @Bivittavus88 for hosting, that was manic :D

Thanks @MaxAttack for the tip, TCS5 plus some CSA makes the karts feel more planted than at least a Gr.3 Hurracan. Still twitchy but seemingly harder to pit manoeuvre than an AMG Mercedes.

Thanks @Pigems and @MaxAttack for the fantastic and respectful battle for first @ BB Raceway.

@Invisigoth, @RacingGrandpa and @Kevstah2004 well done, saw all of you doing better than your pre-race posts suggested.

Anytime something like this is on again I'll be there if I'm available, as much fun or more as Friday night races with friends. :D

Last edited:
Guys, that’s was an absolute blast! There were so many good battles that I can’t even remember them all. Great job by everyone!! Thanks again to @Bivittavus88 foe hosting! :cheers:

My Willow Air. :D

9CCD0287-3A9C-4612-945D-8D495CA6C22F.png

33E45E94-2A97-4D96-A802-5525E962F456.png

This was the Win I stole from @The_Tullster in the last race by .009, I thought for sure you had me in that final corner, it doesn’t get any closer than this. Great race man! :cheers:
6E3B9ABC-C31A-4EA2-B5A1-69EC4A94B28C.png

@Pigems: Earned, not stole. My turn in was too aggressive, scrubbed off a wee bit too much speed through the last corner. Well done on the win. :cheers:
That podium could have turned out any of six ways it was so close between the three of us. The race was so much fun I'd have been happy with any of those six outcomes. :D

Um, mate.... I hate to break it to ya... but you were drafted into TPC a long time ago... you just haven't worked that out yet ;).
What @Invisigoth said :)

Last edited:
Great fun tonight. I’ve been trying to get a kart event going for a while. I just haven’t had the turn out like this. A full lobby is a site for sore eyes for sure. You guys are amazing. Thanks for the fun.

Glad you had a good time. You have to keep in mind the TPC crowd contains a diverse mix of DRs, so some of us aren't so much dirty as just a bit uncoordinated :lol:.

Boost: Strong, Slipstream: Strong
Gear Ratio: 124mph
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...allery/all/replay/8335683/4692772815040939008
Northern Isle Speedway: 16.905s

That is a hot lap, looked like you lost some time in the final turn too when the AI forced you onto the apron.

Since you have boost on strong can you park up for a lap at the start so you keep the extra power when you're going through the pack or do the AI bunch up too much for the tow to work as well?

That is a hot lap, looked like you lost some time in the final turn too when the AI forced you onto the apron.

Since you have boost on strong can you park up for a lap at the start so you keep the extra power when you're going through the pack or do the AI bunch up too much for the tow to work as well?

It’s hard to stay in the pack without colliding or total wipeout, probably could of gone .200s quicker maybe, the AI doesn’t move from it’s line and you get sucked in like a hoover.
You can catch them at about quarter a lap distance away over 2-3 laps, if the distance exceeds that it becomes near impossible to catch them.

Back