• 789 comments

Katiegan

Wrenching Wench
Premium
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Katiegan
KatieB53
Formerly two separate threads about each car, they've now been combined to document everything I do with cars, past, present, and future. So most of the posts in here will be horrendously out of context and make no sense. Just like all of my posts in this forum!

Here's a little breakdown of my cars for those who are new to the thread.

Current residents:

2017 Abarth 595 "Bart"
Purchased: February 2019
Engine: 1.4 T-Jet (5-speed manual)
Mileage: 21,xxx
Modifications: Record Modena exhaust

--

1990 Volkswagen Scirocco GT2 "Sylvester"
Purchased: June 2018
Engine: 1.8L single carb (5-speed manual)
Mileage: 186,xxx
Modifications: Weber carb with manual choke conversion, adjustable front lower brace, ProSport coilovers, Autostar Minus 15" wheels

--

59995106_2495434393810557_8249226316855902208_n.jpg

2012 Volkswagen Scirocco R
Purchased: May 2019
Engine: 2.0L TFSI (6-speed DSG)
Mileage: 50,xxx
Modifications: None

--

Former residents:

2003 Ford Mondeo Zetec "Bruiser"
Purchased: September 2004
Engine: 2.0L Duratec (5-speed manual)
Mileage: 102,xxx
Modifications: 18" Team Dynamics 5-spoke alloys finished in Panther Black, 40mm lowering springs, K&N 57i induction kit, custom Cobra Sports cat-back exhaust, Pioneer FH-X700BT head unit, Phoenix Gold tweeters.
--SCRAPPED 30/06/17--
--

2004 Fiat Panda Dynamic "The Pandaghini"

Purchased: March 2015
Engine: 1.2L (5-speed manual)
Mileage: 65,xxx
Modifications: FK coilovers, Zender Sport wheels, Panda 100HP spoiler
--SOLD 14/03/19--
--

2007 SEAT Leon Cupra "Carlos"

Purchased: December 2016
Engine: 2.0 TFSI (6-speed manual)
Mileage: 124,xxx
Modifications: None
--SOLD 11/05/19--

Last edited:
Nice, glad you took the audio stuff out. :ill:

Have you considered changing the wheels again? I'm just thinking that it would look awesome on some BBS wheels. :D

Have you considered changing the wheels again? I'm just thinking that it would look awesome on some BBS wheels. :D

I'd love some BBS wheels! But you're looking at £600 a corner, and we don't have that kind of money! :scared: It'll be cheaper to just repair and paint our old ones for the time being.

Quick Update

It seems the EGR valve is okay for now, was causing us a lot of trouble before with smoking and rough idling. Although now, the driver's side window doesn't work... :grumpy:. Hopefully it's just a blown fuse in the switch or something.

It's got quite a history which is pretty interesting. Guessing it'll be yours eventually? :)

I wish. You're looking at at least 10 years before I can afford to be insured for it. 2.0L modified Mondeo for a 17 year old? Most insurance companies will just refuse to insure you, or give you a quote of about £4000 a month. Insurance prices start to go down slightly when you're about 25. But until then, it's 1.2L cars or under. :scared:

British government The insurance is crap like that.

Last edited:
wolfdragon97
British government is crap like that.

Don't blame the government. :P

Blame the greedy insurance brokers!

Also price comparison websites are ridiculous, try phoning (yes phoning - it's wayy better because you can negotiate) your current insurance company and get a deal.

But it probably will be around £2,000, hopefully cheaper for a 2.0L Mondeo...

I wish. You're looking at at least 10 years before I can afford to be insured for it. 2.0L modified Mondeo for a 17 year old? Most insurance companies will just refuse to insure you, or give you a quote of about £4000 a month. Insurance prices start to go down slightly when you're about 25. But until then, it's 1.2L cars or under. :scared:

It's not the government, it's the insurance companies...

Nice car though! :)

That's a nightmare. :ouch:
Nice Mondeo, I like it! 👍

wolfdragon97

And people in the Ohio complain about insuring their V8 Cameros! 2000 is 20X more than I paid for my first car!

Glad Bruisers still doing great Wolf, long time no speak to both lol.

Of course he's doing great! :sly: Long time no speak indeed!

Quick Update

We got the window fixed today. I was at school when my dad fixed it so I don't actually know what the problem was in the end, just that I know it's fixed and it works now lol.

During the week part of Bruiser's rear left tailight was out, but my dad works with a guy who is also a taxi driver so he carries spare bulbs all the time - and the bulb was replaced soon enough. Not long now before we can put these on! :D

Taillights.jpg

UPDATE

The wheels have now been painted Panther Black and have been fitted on to the car. Bruiser now looks awesome!!

-

The wheels after picking them up from the tyre place, ready to be sanded and repaired.

BruisersNewShoes001.jpg

New rubber!

BruisersNewShoes003.jpg

One of the wheels after being sanded.

BruisersNewShoes004.jpg

One wheel painted, the other waiting in line.

BruisersNewShoes002.jpg

The wheels on Bruiser!

BruisersNewShoes005.jpg

BruisersNewShoes006.jpg

BruisersNewShoes008.jpg

BruisersNewShoes007.jpg

Last edited:
Xenon? Led's?

I guess you mean for the lights, right? LED. For some reason my dad doesn't want Xenons... I personally think they'd look good but hey, that's not my decision.

Retrofitting Xenons is illegal in Europe anyway, unless you replace the entire headlamp with components designed for use with Xenons, so it'd be more trouble than it's worth personally.

E28
Retrofitting Xenons is illegal in Europe anyway, unless you replace the entire headlamp with components designed for use with Xenons, so it'd be more trouble than it's worth personally.

I was thinking of Xenon angel eyes, which, if I believe, are legal.

Some a bit like this;

mondeo1.jpg

But proper ones that look good. Not badly done cheap ones that look tacky.

My insurance is $28 a month for a 2.4l turbo diesel and I'm only 16. :lol:

UPDATE 29/7/12 - Due to the fact that Bruiser is burning oil and we can't get to the root of the problem, we've decided we're going to strip down the engine. Progress will start on Monday. I'll try to post as many pics as I can.

UPDATE 30/7/12 - Well, we took the manifold off, after much swearing, tugging, and 3 hours, and got to the PCV valve. It was jammed, so after some cleaning out, it moved again. We put it back on, put the PCV valve back on and then the manifold back on. Bruiser seemed to smoke a lot at first, then my mum took him for a run. She says he went like a bat out of hell, and before she knew it she was nearly doing 80. He certainly sounded like a bat out of hell! My dad isn't too sure though.

It's a bit hit and miss at the moment. The fate of my precious Mondeo is uncertain. If anyone has any other ideas of cures for a 2.0 petrol smoking and burning oil, let me know! I'll post pics later.

Last edited:
Back