• 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
I was very surprised when I saw latest issue of Croatia "Auto Klub" magazine which came with the KY's interview about GT games and future of the series.

As majority of interview was related towards his past and work on previous incarnations of GT games, he stated that he "hopes that GT5 will be finished during 2007".

He also talked about fantastic sales of GT4 (more then 6 BigOnes), about his fascination with Nurburgring and he also stated that "GT5 will be 100 times more detailed then GT4". I take this "100 times" as part of journalist's freedom, but this way or another, this is the first glympse of the possible release date by KY so far.

Hope that TGS will answer more questions.

First of all, long time no see, Mr. Amar212. Second off, this is pretty interesting to read about. After all, September 16-18 should be this year's Tokyo Game Show. I'm sure PD is going to offer media and the underground (like GTPlanet) about Gran Turismo 5. I also guess it's okay to use "Gran Turismo 5" instead of "the next GT" if this is all true. It's still too early to talk about anything right now because all we know about GT4's sequel is that there will be another GT forthcoming. If they plan to have it done in 2007, I'll be interested to see how that shapes up. For now, thanks for the heads-up, Croatian buddy.

Nissan are unveiling the finished design of the R35 Skyline at the Tokyo Geneva Motor show so we can be sure to see a whole new breed of Skylines added to the already huge collection of them in GT5. I've read rumor's that the R35's twin turbos will be driven by electric motors!! And theyve changed its engine to a V6 now as opposed to the old inline 6.

Thanks for the info amar212

Electric motor assisted turbo's, the motor keeps them spooled while off boost for response reasons.

Anyway great to hear about some news of GT5, 2007 is abit away and when KY says he hopes its finished in 2007 that means I hope I see it before 2009.

Not sure about '09 but if Kaz hopes it's out sometime '07 then buy past experiences it'll be after then. Not meaning to be an old stick in the mud but can you really blame me for having this train of thought? On a more positive note maybe TGS will show the first screens.

100 times more detailed, I cant wait to see screens of this. Even if they will come in a year and a half's time.

2007 huh? That's on par with the time between previous versions, excluding GT4. In the time that passed between GT3 & GT4, there could have been releases of two games if P.D. could have kept on the "one game every 2 years" plan. When was the first one, 1997 right? Then GT2 was out in 1999 and GT3 was 2001 correct? There should have been a release sometime around 2003, but that was bypassed and we got GT4 this year. I do hold my reservations about GT5's schedule, but who knows, maybe Kaz gets it right and we're back on the two-year plan again?

"Sometime in 2007" leaves a lot of time for rendering cars. A) I hope the Camaro makes a return for model year 2007. B) 'A' must happen first, but I hope that the 2007 Camaro makes it into GT5. Future versions of GT need less "cloned" cars and more variation of cars.

"100 times more detailed" could mean more than just detailed graphically. Kaz could mean that he's adding more detail to the tuning engine. Remember, there's really only so much detail that a television can show; but tuning, ah the details that could be added to the tuning side of the game.

I'd like the depth increasing 10 fold more than the graphics, I'd like better graphics ofcourse, I'll demand better graphics since it's a PS3 game but I'm dissapointed that with each new GT game there hardly anything added to give the game more depth than it already has. Ofcourse GT has a lot of depth as it is but when you've waded through it all 3 times before and then theres not uch new the fourth time round I feel I have a right to want more in that area.

They need more depth, JohnBM's done a number of threads about how to improve specific areas of the game like the one on the garage and such, I've had a number of ideas about making the game more team oriented ie hiring pit crews ect. With what we already have we just need damage, better ai and more cars and tracks ect. Not much of what we have needs to change, but by adding a number of extensions to what we have like a more immersive garage and pit crew you can feel lot more involved wit the game.

No, you can be complex without being complicated. Thats my ideal anyway, branch the current aspects of the game out and add a few more branches, it doesn't need to confuse people, I just want more to do other than what we already can.

live4speed
I'd like the depth increasing 10 fold more than the graphics, I'd like better graphics ofcourse, I'll demand better graphics since it's a PS3 game but I'm dissapointed that with each new GT game there hardly anything added to give the game more depth than it already has. Ofcourse GT has a lot of depth as it is but when you've waded through it all 3 times before and then theres not uch new the fourth time round I feel I have a right to want more in that area.

I agree and theres no excuses for a lack of online this time. Although personally I bet GT5 will be another GT3.

I'll say 2020...
eek13.gif

I don't care when it comes out, but when it does it should at least have damage, better AI and a complete new structure in the Gran Turismo mode. I'm tired of the single races in different halls. Have a career mode and battle it out with one car during different seasons, make it challenging.

I would really like to see a Career mode, much like what they have in the NASCAR games where you have to vie for sponsorships and every decision is critical.

I would also like to see the new Gran Turismo be a hell of alot harder or atleast have a difficulty setting where you can change it to suit your skill level. There isn't hardly any fun in running a three lap race and being in the lead after the first turn of the first lap. I want my races to come down to the last lap. Down to the last turn of the last lap. Hell, even right down to the last foot of track before the start/finish line. Its no fun winning every race by huge margines. I want it to be as realistic as possible, atleast competition wise. I want races to be hard!

thx for the news Amar :)

The next few years should fly since i'll be in college. Maybe i'll try and get into RL racing.
yeah, smart AI, online play, and damage are key upgrades needed. We can be sure that the cars will have more details.

VTGT07
I would really like to see a Career mode, much like what they have in the NASCAR games where you have to vie for sponsorships and every decision is critical.
This I will agree with. Getting too much money too early destroys the strategy aspect. I fought my way carefully through Beginner in GT3, only to have that become pointless as soon as I hit Amateur and the purses and prize cars went up exponentially.
I would also like to see the new Gran Turismo be a hell of alot harder or atleast have a difficulty setting where you can change it to suit your skill level... I want races to be hard!
The problem, from a game designer's POV, of course, is that "hard" varies all over the map. Personally, I would find the game much better if they eliminated just TWO aspects of the AI. Well, three, counting of course the passivity and non-responsiveness of the AI drivers.

First, they should totally eliminate the rabbits, and pay more attention to keeping the AI more evenly balanced.

Second, they shoud eliminate the rubberband effect entirely. If I'm trying to fine-tune my car to provide a tight match against the AI, it's impossible in GT4, since their car setups (and even driving speeds within a race) change in response to yours. It's like trying to hit a randomly moving target. It's almost impossible to make small adjustments in the power of your car relative to the AI cars, since their cars get more power when you do. After a few tries you just want to pile it all on and overwhelm them aready.

If the AI car fields were well balanced and fixed in mods, it would be so much easier to use tuning and upgrades to set the difficulty level of each race. Coupled with the frequent appearance of a rabbit car that just runs away from the pack, it's incredibly annoying.

I'm going to buy that 2007 deal. Like I said in the GT4 forums (before I got BLASTED on by fellow GTP members), don't think that PD got lazy trying to make the game better with online play. My primary point then was that gameplay is ALWAYS better and more important than online play. So don't give me that "no excuse for no online" stuff. It wasn't like PD was being lazy about it all. If so, they wouldn't even promise online play. Then too, it isn't the end of the world if a GT game can't be played online. I wasn't impressed with it much, so I don't have any plans to play online.

As far as the game itself goes, well... the possibilities are endless. We can speculate all we can, probably hoping PD looks at our [intelligent] posts about ideas for the next game. I'm looking for a Gran Turismo game that continues my love of the game, my love of racing, my love of modifying for success... if that dies or isn't as satisfying, then I'm not really going to enjoy the next game. I have a small list of requirements because I don't ask for too much about games. That's why when GameSpot, G4 TV show "Judgment Day," and all them were poking fun at GT4, I had my own complaints, but nothing major. GT4 is no fiasco, and I'm sure the next one won't even be close to disappointing. That is, of course, PD gets lazy and careless, which I don't see happening for the game franchise that put PD on the map.

I'd sure like to see some more information in the future. Tokyo Game Show 2005 should provide more answers, if not next year's E3.

Great to hear from you Amar - I see you're still up on the very latest GT news. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to link to this thread from the homepage. :)

spykerdriver
I think my TV will blow up if it is 100x more detailed.

HDTV will be a requirement, not an option. :crazy:

I agree mostly with Live4Speed. There needs to be something more in-depth to the career.

Duke
This I will agree with. Getting too much money too early destroys the strategy aspect. I fought my way carefully through Beginner in GT3, only to have that become pointless as soon as I hit Amateur and the purses and prize cars went up exponentially.

The problem, from a game designer's POV, of course, is that "hard" varies all over the map. Personally, I would find the game much better if they eliminated just TWO aspects of the AI. Well, three, counting of course the passivity and non-responsiveness of the AI drivers.

First, they should totally eliminate the rabbits, and pay more attention to keeping the AI more evenly balanced.

Second, they shoud eliminate the rubberband effect entirely. If I'm trying to fine-tune my car to provide a tight match against the AI, it's impossible in GT4, since their car setups (and even driving speeds within a race) change in response to yours. It's like trying to hit a randomly moving target. It's almost impossible to make small adjustments in the power of your car relative to the AI cars, since their cars get more power when you do. After a few tries you just want to pile it all on and overwhelm them aready.

If the AI car fields were well balanced and fixed in mods, it would be so much easier to use tuning and upgrades to set the difficulty level of each race. Coupled with the frequent appearance of a rabbit car that just runs away from the pack, it's incredibly annoying.
Sometimes, people ask me why I, such a huge GT fan, don't like GT4 that much. This is the reason I'll point out to them from now on.

It's so damn annoying and frustrating setting up a car for close racing against the AI. I have much more fun playing GT3 because the lack of presents of a "Rabbit" AI car. I really don't understand why PD made GT4 this way! It was a very bad move.

What's worse, you need to run heavy AMS, and other time robbing vehicle controls, because once the AI taps you in a turn or corner, you're gone! It's next to impossible getting a 200 point race completed with the AI bumping you out of the way all the time. Some races, one bump, and you lose first place. Very frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back