Kazunori Yamauchi Is Competing in The 2018 Mille Miglia

What exactly is this "time-speed-distance format" ? :confused:

I assume it works similar to the ones I've been on. You get a set of directions and you need to get from Point A to Point B in a given amount of time and distance with an average speed. It involves a ton of quick math and if you get lost, you'll end up penalized.

Wiki has a more in-depth explanation on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regularity_rally

Add Mille Miglia to GT sport then!

I'd be curious how they'd manage that actually. The course is 1,000 miles long and covers a good chunk of Italy. While an open world game like that would be nothing short of awesome, I don't think any team has the resources to do that.

I'd be curious how they'd manage that actually. The course is 1,000 miles long and covers a good chunk of Italy. While an open world game like that would be nothing short of awesome, I don't think any team has the resources to do that.

There's an rFactor (?) mod out there of it, I'm not sure to what extent but it does exist. Can't check right now.

There's an rFactor (?) mod out there of it, I'm not sure to what extent but it does exist. Can't check right now.

I’m guessing that it’s not 1000 miles. Even at full speed it would take a day to complete a lap :P

It would be awesome though, especially if they divided it into a set of “shorter” (~250 miles!) stages.

Awesome well done Master Senpai :) good luck out there yay. All we need is his co driver to put a sticker on his windshield facing in telling him how much fuel he has lol ;)

GT4 had the 1000 Miles! event, which I guess was meant to evoke the idea of the Mille Miglia (although not very well done in my opinion). If they were going to add it into a newer GT game, I guess it would just be a slight rehash of the Grand Tour thing from GT5.

GT4 had the 1000 Miles! event, which I guess was meant to evoke the idea of the Mille Miglia (although not very well done in my opinion). If they were going to add it into a newer GT game, I guess it would just be a slight rehash of the Grand Tour thing from GT5.
Ah the Grand Tour from GT5, such a great event! Real series highlight for me there. There’s something so inherently cool about driving in Italy. Racing that Miura in Rome and the Lambo night race in Tuscany, really good times. Really felt it’s absence in GT6 but the Sierra Time Rally was a worthy replacement of sorts. Much love for Amalfi and Citti Di Aria in GT4 as well, solely missed! Would love to see these European classics remastered.

I kind of get the feeling Kaz’s travels influence the content in GT. Spain was clearly on his mind for GT6. Valencia, Gemasolar and the Ronda photo spots plus the Ascari circuit show a clear passion for the country. Italy and Switzerland have always seemed to have had strong representation throughout the series too. My biggest criticism of GTS would be the lack of true road racing but given its focus on circuit competition it’s kind of understandable.

Oh and I guess the 300SL is pretty much confirmed then as well eh? GT5 premium so kind of inevitable but would welcome it’s return. The 2000GT and A110 need some classic competition!

Let's not jump to conclusions just yet about whether the car will be included in a GT Sport update. Kaz has driven plenty of cars which haven't shown up in GT Sport. I know that the 300SL appeared in GT4, GT5 and GT6 but that guarantees nothing. On the other hand, it would be interesting to see how Kaz does in this rally, as it's the first one he's done in this format; or any for that matter. Getting the car in game will be a bonus but I'm not sure if any of the staff have worked on it...

more ‘50s cars in the game
Yes please, alongside a 250 Testarossa.
Large%20Image_9922.jpg

Citta Di Aria was a nightmare for me back then,could you imagine that track in a GT Sport Daily Race?Lol
Absolute car crash ha. Though I wonder if it could work with the N100 class perhaps? Racing around Assisi in vintage compacts could be pretty sweet. Imagine a race between Fiat 500s, Gordini R8s and vintage Minis - how ace would that be!

Like to see a mode like this in a game someday. Being a Rally fan it’s a new and different way of racing I’ve never played before.

Then again, I probably do this IRL. It’s called driving to work.

Absolute car crash ha. Though I wonder if it could work with the N100 class perhaps? Racing around Assisi in vintage compacts could be pretty sweet. Imagine a race between Fiat 500s, Gordini R8s and vintage Minis - how ace would that be!
Yes! Citta Di Aria has to come back.

Much love for Amalfi and Citti Di Aria in GT4 as well, solely missed! Would love to see these European classics remastered.

If you mean "sorely" I'm 100% with you on that one. :sly: :cheers:
Great memories from Citta in GT4 Prologue and Amalfi from the BWM 1series demo (the one that brought us the 'ring for the first time!)...

Back