Keirin with Cars (Round 2)

• Thread starter O604
  • 46 comments
Looking at the video, it might pay to experiment with the rolling start spacing, maybe squeeze the pack up a bit tighter. Keirin is traditionally a tightly packed accident looking for a turn to happen on...

Yeah two laps around the infield in 3rd gear would be better imo, gives you longer to bunch up with the slipstream. In 2nd the distance seems to spread out too far.

Yeah two laps around the infield in 3rd gear would be better imo, gives you longer to bunch up with the slipstream. In 2nd the distance seems to spread out too far.
I think for bigger engines BB Raceway would be worth a try. And 1 lap in 3rd would be good there.

For Northern Isles, maybe (new rule) must run in order for the first lap?

Looking to revive this on Friday night down here in the Southern Hemisphere depending on if people are able to get on. Should be better than the usual friday night disasters with this weeks combos. Say 9pm NZST. 7pm AEST. Would unfortunately be about 5am EST but maybe 10am GMT if I am.guessing right.
I'll see what I can do, but may have "chief cook and bottle washer" duty.

I can’t make that time again sorry.
However I have been thinking of running a NASCAR/Oval race, is that something you guys would be interested in?? Would ideally need a full grid to make it worth while.

I'll see what I can do, but may have "chief cook and bottle washer" duty.
Hey, all good. I am usually pushing stuff later or bailing due to family stuff. I will run the lobby anyway and if there isnt enough people then we just do something else. Maybe. Always time for more time attack laps.

Setting up the lobby now if anyone is interested. Not sure who to tag so will just try and leave it a free for all at this point.

Edit: lobby up, code 0475-4324-0927-7385-8372

However I have been thinking of running a NASCAR/Oval race, is that something you guys would be interested in?? Would ideally need a full grid to make it worth while.

Hell yeah, I love NASCAR type races! Post in it the DRWF thread as well, some of those guys would be in for sure. :)

Definitely would be interested. Shame we basically only have pocono and Bristol (BMB and Northern Isle). Would be cool to have Sears Point or Watkins Glen in. Ideas for a car choice?

Definitely would be interested. Shame we basically only have pocono and Bristol (BMB and Northern Isle). Would be cool to have Sears Point or Watkins Glen in. Ideas for a car choice?

It is a shame as it takes away any chance of running a full season. Either the Gr3 or 4 mustang or an Indy car style race with the super formulas, both with a custom bop similar to real world figures. Probably and hour long race (maybe longer?), not sure on whether to add in a pit stop also so fuel/tyre wear. Quiet a lot to think about. Would like to keep it as authentic as possible.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, wasn’t my intention, was just an idea I thought of after watching your replays. If you guys want to run with this idea feel free to do so.

Back