BOP Update May 22nd 2020 for Round 2 Onwards - Poll closes Wed 3rd June

• Yes - Use new BOP

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - Stick with original BOP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all, I've been thinking.....

I decided to go for 1 race a month because I know people generally race most nights, in leagues and FIA etc. I was thinking once a month for this wouldn't be too hard for people to commit to. However it turns out the FIA schedule has been completely changed to the point where I won't be racing this season.

So my question is would you rather race once a month as we are planning, or shall we try for twice a month?

@Kermit_2142, did you say you were planning to run these on Saturdays (Saturday in Europe, Friday nights in North America)? If so, there might be a slight overlap with some people who like to do daily races in Pigems' room. Just thinking out loud for everybody.

@Kermit_2142, did you say you were planning to run these on Saturdays (Saturday in Europe, Friday nights in North America)? If so, there might be a slight overlap with some people who like to do daily races in Pigems' room. Just thinking out loud for everybody.

Races are definitely Saturday nights GMT 23.00, EST 19:00.

Same time as Beardo’s but this is Saturday nights !). Currently the plan to race on 2nd Saturday of every month starting May 9th,

I may condense the seasons and up the races to twice a month but haven’t made that decision yet.

I’ll add the dates to the race schedule :)

Edit: Schedule has now been changed and updated to bi weekly!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite. Sign me up as a reserve please.

I have a hard time with long races. Should push myself though.

GTP Name: O604
PSN Name: Kaizen-Teian
Race Number: 64
Car Choices: anything Max doesn't like

Hey man i just seen your PM. This looks pretty fun, so I'm happy to sign up.

GTP Name: GT5Apex
PSN: Sunshineonleith
Race Number: 93
Car Choices: Gr1 Audi R18 '16, Gr3 BMW M6, Gr4 BMW M4

Thanks for the invite. Sign me up as a reserve please.

I have a hard time with long races. Should push myself though.

GTP Name: O604
PSN Name: Kaizen-Teian
Race Number: 64
Car Choices: anything Max doesn't like

Hey man i just seen your PM. This looks pretty fun, so I'm happy to sign up.

GTP Name: GT5Apex
PSN: Sunshineonleith
Race Number: 93
Car Choices: Gr1 Audi R18 '16, Gr3 BMW M6, Gr4 BMW M4

Glad to have you guys, thanks. This will also be my first attempt at longer races. Really looking forward to seeing 2 classes in one race and I hope a slightly longer race will show the dynamics of each class. I've tried to keep the settings nice and low to keep strategy simple but also allow for overlaps in pit stops if people want it. I'm hoping for a simple but fun series with some close racing.

Side note: If anyone knows others who may be interested in joining, please fell free to invite them, the more the merrier 👍.

Cheers

Last edited:
I would like to put myself in the mix full time. Ideal time for me, put the wife and kids to bed and start racing at 11pm!

GTP Name:Harmy2010
PSN Name:Harmy2010
Race Number:19
Car Choices:Gr1-Porsche 919 , Gr3-Srt Viper , Gr4-458

I would like to put myself in the mix full time. Ideal time for me, put the wife and kids to bed and start racing at 11pm!

GTP Name:Harmy2010
PSN Name:Harmy2010
Race Number:19
Car Choices:Gr1-Porsche 919 , Gr3-Srt Viper , Gr4-458

Same as me, it’s tough to find races around this time aswell, they’re either before 10pm or after 1am.
Welcome along 👍.

Apologies - I’ve just updated the time for event start as I’d messed up the conversion with daylight savings. I believe I’m now correct in that the time of 23:00 UK time should be 18:00 Eastern US.
There’s just too many GMT’s BST’s UTC’s EST’s EDT’s....... :banghead:

@MaxAttack Yes appreciate your thoughts bud.

So pre season is next Saturday and I will be posting info for that event Monday evening and will open an attendance register.

With regards to teams, I was going to decide that shortly after the preseason, allowing another week for any new sign ups, ready to start the season on 23rd May.

Hope that makes sense. Keeping pre-season pretty casual 👍.

Super Pole Holding Area Information - Preseason 9th May - Le Sarthe

View attachment 917784

The waiting area for Super Pole is as shown by the blue arrow.
Please wait in an orderly queue on the r/h side of the circuit next to the barrier and allow enough room for you to exit the queue without touching another car.

All cars will wait their turn at this point before their qualifying lap begins and will return to this point once their lap is completed.

Hi All, I've updated the Super Pole Holding Area information on Page 1 and added a "Driver Entry Sheet". Please feel free to acknowledge your attendance, I'll send out a reminder on Thursday.

As this is a preseason event its going to be nice and relaxed. Things I will be keeping an eye on : Super Pole, Manual rolling start, Penalty's and track limits, lapping of the slower class cars, just to make sure everything goes ok and if not I can make changes before the official race 1. If you could all be familiar with the procedures on page 1 that would be ideal.

No teams for this event, feel free to run your chosen cars or if you'd like to try another please feel free, ensure you select the power/weight settings found on page 1. Car choices will be locked in after this event (full time drivers), so bare that in mind. Only thing I require is that we have an even grid of Gr1/Gr3, easiest way is to go first come first served (unless you can convince a swap with someone), I will fill the grid as required.

For livery inspiration, as you know I love a bit of camo paint so I will try and make up a "preseason test livery" like this LMP1. Feel free to run liveries as per page 1 if your set on a design already.

I will try and host a few practice lobbies during the week, I'll post them as I go.

:cheers:

lmp1 testing.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Kermit,

I may have to withdraw from the pre-season, this weekend. Need to do some repairs at home, and the only time I have to do it, is Friday, and Sat.

If I'm still awake at 11pm, I'll be there.

I wasn’t planning on it, but fia tonight isn’t filling me with much confidence. So if anybody wants me to, I can host a practice lobby at around 23:00 UK / 18:00 EST for an hour or so.

Last edited:
2 days to go before preseason!!
Testing went ok last night, it’s a 2 stop race unless you really want to fuel saving like crazy. There is plenty of wiggle room to pit early or slightly later as the warm up lap will be included in the 90minutes. Softs are ultimately faster, however the mediums were a big suprise and can match the softs more closely than I expected. Pit loss is around 28s. I double stinted mediums and was able to match the first stints pace for the first few laps. You may be able to save time not changing tyres on the mediums, but I would try it out first.

Let me know if your planning to attend and with which class, and I can add people to the Race Entry List

@MaxAttack, @GOTMAXPOWER, @DelboyD, @NoStopN, @Sniparator, @HammyMansell, @GT5Apex, @Harmy2010 @O604

Also like to take the chance to plug another league I found which sounds awesome, held by @llNovall
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tart-5-29-7-30pm-est-pending-interest.391237/

2 days to go before preseason!!
Testing went ok last night, it’s a 2 stop race unless you really want to fuel saving like crazy. There is plenty of wiggle room to pit early or slightly later as the warm up lap will be included in the 90minutes. Softs are ultimately faster, however the mediums were a big suprise and can match the softs more closely than I expected. Pit loss is around 28s. I double stinted mediums and was able to match the first stints pace for the first few laps. You may be able to save time not changing tyres on the mediums, but I would try it out first.

Let me know if your planning to attend and with which class, and I can add people to the Race Entry List

@MaxAttack, @GOTMAXPOWER, @DelboyD, @NoStopN, @Sniparator, @HammyMansell, @GT5Apex, @Harmy2010 @O604

Also like to take the chance to plug another league I found which sounds awesome, held by @llNovall
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tart-5-29-7-30pm-est-pending-interest.391237/

I'll be there :cheers: Feel free to put me in whichever category has the fewest cars.

I was of the impression that the faster/higher DR PRO drivers were automatically running in the faster class while the slower/lower DR AM class drivers were taking the slower class. :confused: Just trying to make sure I understand. Either way, I'll be there for Saturday.

Back