Kermit's Multi Class Endurance Series - Finished

BOP Update May 22nd 2020 for Round 2 Onwards - Poll closes Wed 3rd June

• Yes - Use new BOP

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - Stick with original BOP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really fun races. I got crap starts both times around, getting mugged when the lights went green, few errors opening lap I thought it was all thrown away.

But no, gr. 3 stayed really interesting, every few laps the gaps would close up, usually because of someone getting a bit unsettled through S3 - where when I could manage it, the NSX felt really quick from the shortened hairpin onwards.

We had some skechy moments, four gr.3 cars heading into T1 with an LMP trying to navigate the traffic, some doors touched here and there but overall I thought everyone drove exceptionally politely.

The gr. 1 traffic seemed to mix it up every time - a few times I was falling behind but had a better time getting passed by the traffic and was able to attack the corners were the cars in front were held up and put myself back in the fight.

I honestly thought both races would be a disappointment - I really struggled to manage the tires in the first half and had dropped back a lot, the safety car was an absolute saving grace and I was ready to get stuck in again, the second race I was just a little slower on track than my rivals.

Highlight for me has to be the gr.3 pit stop in part 2 - everyone diving in at the same point, I think we all kind of twigged the strategy at the same point. I yeeted it into the pits and saw the fuel numbers and knew it was about to get interesting.

Even after this I thought I might get nowhere, I started getting right out of the way for @Kermit_2142 on "team orders" to make sure he could bag the overall win for team Dark Souls. Couldn't believe my luck when @DelboyD started slowing and I was able to take 2nd on fuel efficiency alone - really minimal fuel saving but it paid off.

Congrats to @Sniparator, you were a class above the rest, gonna take some work to make sure you don't run away on us next time, and to @Kermit_2142 thanks for hosting and good job bagging us a win to open the series.

I think I'll also leave some thoughts from my POV.

I still had Le Mans and the pace of the other LMPs in my mind so on raceday I decided to have some practice with the 911. Much spare time to spent meant that in the end I covered a distance of 400-450km just driving around alone on track to find the racing line. I struggled especially in the last sector so my focus obviously was on that spot since I can cover up the rest of the track just with my experience that I have with the RSR. That's all I did to make sure that this time people wouldn't just beam towards me with even an extra stop like in Preseason.

On the 2 flying starts I focused on having the right RPM. Silent enough so the others wouldn't know that my right foot would get heavy. Then I shifted down into 2nd, went full throttle and basically just prayed that nobody would catch enough slipstream since T1 is a mess side by side.

Once that was done I needed to find my rhythm on track and stay on the racing line. One error would cost a lot of time in the Porsche since the physics were updated, at least to me. So I kept going and going, looking in the mirror once a while and just tried to keep the car on the grey stuff.

Race 2 was especially weird because of my spin. I checked the replay now and all I can say is that I approached the curb the same way as always so that probably must've been a bug because I traveled quite a few metres off the track.

Traffic was fine. Since I do online multiclass for over 5 years now I know how to deal with LMPs behind me. Turned on the indicator as early as the blue flags showed up and stayed on the indicated side as good as I could and everything was clean on my end.

Nice battle in Race 2 against the Chevy, they were on a good pace and it took me a while just to catch up so shoutout to the MtnDew Corvette ;)

Pit-Strategy was an easy one and probably the reason my races went so well. I said it in the post race chat already but can just repeat myself - the RSR is really good on fuel and I didn't have to refuel for a single litre in Race 2 and met the chequered flag with over 2 laps left in the tank. The engine is great.

All in all a great raceday and I still wonder how I didn't fall asleep because it was quite a while past 2am for me and already had a busy 24h behind me before green flag even dropped haha

Thanks for the crazy but amazing race! :gtpflag:
-Felix

Really fun races. I got crap starts both times around, getting mugged when the lights went green, few errors opening lap I thought it was all thrown away.

But no, gr. 3 stayed really interesting, every few laps the gaps would close up, usually because of someone getting a bit unsettled through S3 - where when I could manage it, the NSX felt really quick from the shortened hairpin onwards.

We had some skechy moments, four gr.3 cars heading into T1 with an LMP trying to navigate the traffic, some doors touched here and there but overall I thought everyone drove exceptionally politely.

The gr. 1 traffic seemed to mix it up every time - a few times I was falling behind but had a better time getting passed by the traffic and was able to attack the corners were the cars in front were held up and put myself back in the fight.

I honestly thought both races would be a disappointment - I really struggled to manage the tires in the first half and had dropped back a lot, the safety car was an absolute saving grace and I was ready to get stuck in again, the second race I was just a little slower on track than my rivals.

Highlight for me has to be the gr.3 pit stop in part 2 - everyone diving in at the same point, I think we all kind of twigged the strategy at the same point. I yeeted it into the pits and saw the fuel numbers and knew it was about to get interesting.

Even after this I thought I might get nowhere, I started getting right out of the way for @Kermit_2142 on "team orders" to make sure he could bag the overall win for team Dark Souls. Couldn't believe my luck when @DelboyD started slowing and I was able to take 2nd on fuel efficiency alone - really minimal fuel saving but it paid off.

Congrats to @Sniparator, you were a class above the rest, gonna take some work to make sure you don't run away on us next time, and to @Kermit_2142 thanks for hosting and good job bagging us a win to open the series.

Good review of the GR3 race. The LMP cars to cause the the GT cars to hestitate and it helped close up the field.

I had 48% fuel when I pitted in the 2nd race. Thought I could wing it with a bit of fuel saving on the last lap or two. I was way off and really had to slow it down to reach the end. The Lexus feels nice at 100R in 3rd but it bounces off the limiter. In 4th, its got more understeer.

I picked the Lexus as its a steady car. I rarely do endurance races, so just wanted something that doesn't force you to think the whole time. Plus I thought it was half decent on fuel. Looks like I got the fuel bit wrong.

Last edited:
Mistakes were made :lol:

I wasn't sure whether to go left or right so chose neither until I realised I was about to take my teammate out the race, hopefully @NoStopN didn't notice :sly:

Yeeeeeet man that was savage :scared:. But I know how you felt, every time we caught traffic there I was just thinking, don’t move over please don’t move just stay stay stay stay, oh thank god they didn’t move :lol::lol:

Good review of the GR3 race. The LMP cars to cause the the GT cars to hestitate and it helped close up the field.

I had 48% fuel when I pitted in the 2nd race. Thought I cound wing it with a bit of fuel saving on the last lap or two. I was way off and really had to slow it down to reach the end. The Lexus feels nice at 100R in 3rd but it bounces off the limiter. In 4th, its got more understeer.

I picked the Lexus as its a steady car. I rarely do endurance races, so just wanted something that doesn't force you to think the whole time. Plus I thought it was half decent on fuel. Looks like I got the fuel bit wrong.

I did the exact same in pre season and it sucks so bad when you realise you’ve just wrecked your race :crazy: but part of the fun I guess.

GG @MaxAttack looks like the dark souls were watching over us. :lol:

I had a cracking race, I really tried to break Max in race 1 but I’m not too great at pushing the Gr1s and seemed to make more mistakes. Eventually max caught me as my softs started to die, knowing he was on mediums I thought he might go for a 1 stop so I decided to fuel save like crazy and let him do the hard work at the front. Until that is I binned it a t1 and hit the barrier :lol:. Top job by the SC meant that I caught back up to max by the end of the 1st SC lap although I accidentally skipped the damage fixing option so only partly fixed the car. Would’ve shaped up to be a good final hour.

Race 2 I stuck with softs Max went mediums again and I thought I’d messed up as I wasn’t sure the softs would last a no stop. I think I dropped Max by about 5s and again he caught me up even though I’d been driving much better than race 1. Thinking he would no stop, I decided to save tyres and try to mug him on the last few laps but then to my surprise he decided to pit. I was in 2 minds to stay out and risk it but pit loss was only 10s and with 20 minutes to go he would’ve caught me, so I pitted. We came out together and Max took the lead the next lap. I knew the race would be on now and I was going all out to win or crash trying. Max went defensive at t1 and we both ran onto the astro on the outside of t1, unluckily Max spun out but luckily for me I didn’t and I was able to take the lead and a healthy gap.

Really glad everyone had a great race, as usual the awareness of traffic was spot :cheers:

1 thing I have noticed from the chat is that a few drivers discovered damage either from a minor incident, bump drafting or from shortly after a big incident. Sometimes the game is slow to react and will add damage a few seconds after the incident happens so it’s not always easy to notice straight away, I’ve done it myself many times.

Going forward I would say if you see you have damage, no matter the timing, ping the SC. If we don’t use the SC feature there’s not much point in having it at all and it adds a good dynamic to the race that I’d like to keep.
The way I see it is; Any damage = debris on track = SC required.

I will update in the week the championship tables, the new bop vote, and any details i find out about my power outage. :cheers:

I had a cracking race, I really tried to break Max in race 1 but I’m not too great at pushing the Gr1s and seemed to make more mistakes. Eventually max caught me as my softs started to die, knowing he was on mediums I thought he might go for a 1 stop so I decided to fuel save like crazy and let him do the hard work at the front. Until that is I binned it a t1 and hit the barrier :lol:. Top job by the SC meant that I caught back up to max by the end of the 1st SC lap although I accidentally skipped the damage fixing option so only partly fixed the car. Would’ve shaped up to be a good final hour.

Race 2 I stuck with softs Max went mediums again and I thought I’d messed up as I wasn’t sure the softs would last a no stop. I think I dropped Max by about 5s and again he caught me up even though I’d been driving much better than race 1. Thinking he would no stop, I decided to save tyres and try to mug him on the last few laps but then to my surprise he decided to pit. I was in 2 minds to stay out and risk it but pit loss was only 10s and with 20 minutes to go he would’ve caught me, so I pitted. We came out together and Max took the lead the next lap. I knew the race would be on now and I was going all out to win or crash trying. Max went defensive at t1 and we both ran onto the astro on the outside of t1, unluckily Max spun out but luckily for me I didn’t and I was able to take the lead and a healthy gap.

I was sure you were saving like crazy in race 1, you were so slow on the straight but I think that was more down to the Porsche not harvesting enough to keep the battery full after the first few laps. The Toyota is great on fuel so the safety car couldn't have come at a worse time for me, I think I had 10l more than you so would've gained a few seconds in the pits, I had kept the original tyres on too to gain some more time, old tyres vs your damage would've made a good race to the end.

Race 2 started badly for me, I always run BB at +5 in the TS050 which helps the tyre wear and battery harvesting but the rear gets a little loose at the big braking zones so I ran wide and had a little spin. I didn't think I would get close enough to make a move on the mediums so went for the softs hoping you wouldn't change, once I had clipped the wall you were gone.

@Chevy Heavy deserves a shout out, he was on his own for most of the race in a car that is horribly unstable but stuck with it :cheers:

I feel sorry for @nuthunmuch and @GT5Apex too for getting the worst of the lobby problems again, hopefully things run smoother next time.

Yes definetly, the R18 not the best for fuji I doubt with that slow final sector. It should go well at Spa and Kyoto if @Chevy Heavy is up for future races. 👍

Shame for @nuthunmuch & @GT5Apex both would’ve had good pace , I was really looking forward to seeing how the Gr1 Peugeot would get on at Fuji too.

Does anyone know if it would be better to use public setting in future. I think the connection is different? Where in a private lobby everyone connects to the host, in a public lobby everyone connects to everyone, it can cause a bit of lag but could also be more stable and less prone to bugs??

I really do hate the bugs, they’re such a pain in the arse.

We should test the public setting to see if that helps.

It was weird what happened last night because i had no issues during the practice session and then as soon as qualifying started, all of a sudden i got the pit bug.

As i said the bug report thread, PD really need to move away from p2p for open lobbies in GT7.

Yeah the R18 was not the best choice for sure. When I was behind @GOTMAXPOWER on the restart, he would just leave me coming out of the last turn. I had very little boost to use the whole race. The only saving grace was I had the Gr3 cars to pass. :lol: It was a little tricky trying to navigate through a pack of them as they were racing amongst themselves.. I didn't want to hit anybody and tried to leave room while overtaking. It was a fun ride though, if not a little lonely lol. I hope to be back to work in a couple weeks, but I'll check back here if I think I can race.

@GT5Apex that must of been you I saw bouncing around the pits. I was laughing my ass off because it appeared at the time that you had entered a pit stall, but looking back you probably had just exited the race.

@GT5Apex that must of been you I saw bouncing around the pits. I was laughing my ass off because it appeared at the time that you had entered a pit stall, but looking back you probably had just exited the race.

I did enter the pit stalls on both occasions, and for some reason when you enter the pit stall you end up having full control of your car, but you're stuck on an infinite out lap.

Last edited:
I did enter the pit stalls on both occasions, and for some reason when you enter the pit stall you end up having full control of your car, but you're stuck on an infinite out lap.

You know when you exit pit box, do you turn the wheel or is that auto drive? I swear I had it once ages ago that if I did anything other than press the accelerator the car would just turn into the pit wall.... I now always make sure I only press the accelerator, I’m not even sure it is a thing but it’s definetly sticks out to me watching your onboard.

Last edited:
You know when you exit pit box, do you turn the wheel or is that auto drive? I swear I had it once ages ago that if I did anything other than press the accelerator the car would just turn into the pit wall.... I now always make sure I only press the accelerator, I’m not even sure it is a thing but it’s definetly sticks out to me watching your onboard.

That's auto drive. When i want to leave the pits, i give the accelerator a tiny little press and then auto drive kicks in instantly.

You know I love a race photo :D, sorry not sorry.
The Gr3 battle for the first half of the race was a good watch 👍
I like how Chevy saw the checkered flag first, forgot that was a thing in Endurance races.
upload_2020-5-26_0-5-24.jpeg

upload_2020-5-26_0-5-47.jpeg

upload_2020-5-26_0-6-15.jpeg

upload_2020-5-26_0-6-42.jpeg

upload_2020-5-26_0-7-9.jpeg

upload_2020-5-26_0-7-36.jpeg

upload_2020-5-26_0-8-1.jpeg

upload_2020-5-26_0-8-27.jpeg

You know I love a race photo :D, sorry not sorry.
The Gr3 battle for the first half of the race was a good watch 👍
I like how Chevy saw the checkered flag first, forgot that was a thing in Endurance races.
View attachment 924095
View attachment 924097
View attachment 924099
View attachment 924101
View attachment 924103
View attachment 924105
View attachment 924107
View attachment 924109
Awesome shots, brought it all back.

The Lexus and Honda battling in the shadow of Fuji is pure aesthetic - battle for Japanese dominance. And I definitely remember that bunched up moment with the one gr.1 car trying to get through all of us - now THAT was a skechy run through T1.

Has anyone got a screen shot from just before the DC for the race results? I’ve got the list @GOTMAXPOWER put out which is appreciated but if anyone’s got a screen shot it will just keep the “race results” section looking more official. (Obviously it would be from in game, not the actual results page.) You can send it me on PSN if it’s easier 👍. Thanks in advance.

Going forward I’ll try and remember to use the record feature. Also if we have another DC like that, we’ll treat it as a “red flag” incident and get another lobby going for the time remaining - It made the best of a bad situation and didn’t work out too bad in the end. :cheers:

Has anyone got a screen shot from just before the DC for the race results? I’ve got the list @GOTMAXPOWER put out which is appreciated but if anyone’s got a screen shot it will just keep the “race results” section looking more official. (Obviously it would be from in game, not the actual results page.) You can send it me on PSN if it’s easier 👍. Thanks in advance.

Going forward I’ll try and remember to use the record feature. Also if we have another DC like that, we’ll treat it as a “red flag” incident and get another lobby going for the time remaining - It made the best of a bad situation and didn’t work out too bad in the end. :cheers:
I've probably still got the recording saved, I'll check when I get home. :cheers:

Thanks @GOTMAXPOWER, yes difficult one that. The DC was halfway through a lap so I’m inclined to go back to the point at which the leader (Max) crossed the line. However at that point everyone is behind SC and half the Gr3 grid is in pit lane. I’ve gone back to the point where everyone is queued up just before entering pit lane on the last completed lap. I think that’s the fairest way to do it, couldn’t have been at a worse moment :lol:

Any thoughts let me know. I’ve completed the championship tables but I’ll allow 24hours for discussions and changes before I upload them

Proposed finish - end of last completed lap
455C454D-B7CD-4898-A0AF-9F1DF10AC831.png

Alternate finish - exact moment of DC

CB96CD00-4726-4D81-B563-3AFBB530F0F9.png

Last edited:
If I was more aware, I would have pit the lap earlier.

So either way the order in the 2nd picture.

Fair point, and I was behind Chevy At the end because I pitted again to fix my damage whilst SC was out.

Any objections to use the “Alternate finish” the exact moment of DC??

Fair point, and I was behind Chevy At the end because I pitted again to fix my damage whilst SC was out.

Any objections to use the “Alternate finish” the exact moment of DC??
You never made that second stop on my screen, maybe your internet died just before the power, I wasn't following the GT race that close so don't know who was where (I think some had stopped before the SC) but it looked like @O604 loses out a lot in the second results.

Yh I DC’d on entry to pit lane that’s why my car was randomly driving past everyone :lol:, the game must’ve put me into auto drive for a few moment whilst it worked out what was going on.

Yes @O604 loses out the most as he pitted late so he joined the back of the queue. However that is how it would’ve been if the race had continued...
If we use the “last lap” order, I gain as I hadn’t pitted the 2nd time at that point and thus jump ahead of Chevy who didn’t pit.
From a regulation standpoint I’d rather follow real life rules of taking the order from the last completed lap. However I don’t mind either way, the points are very tight so it won’t make too much difference either way but I don’t want to be seen to be taking advantage of a situation to my own end... once decided we will use this going forward but I’m hopeful it won’t happen again.

Still waiting to hear back from the power company.

Back