Kermit's Multi Class Endurance Series - Finished

BOP Update May 22nd 2020 for Round 2 Onwards - Poll closes Wed 3rd June

• Yes - Use new BOP

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - Stick with original BOP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was of the impression that the faster/higher DR PRO drivers were automatically running in the faster class while the slower/lower DR AM class drivers were taking the slower class. :confused: Just trying to make sure I understand. Either way, I'll be there for Saturday.

Yes that would be the “normal” way to do it. Plan for this series is that each team will have a pro and am driver, and for each race, the team can decide who wants to drive which class.

I did this because were using 3 class’ during the entire season instead of the normal 2. I’ve done that more for variety and to fit the tracks I chose better.
I also don’t like the idea of am drivers being forced into a slower car when we’re all here for a good time at end of the day.
It also brings into play the team aspect, for one circuit your car might be stronger than your team mates so it may make sense to switch roles etc etc

Saturday as it’s preseason and no teams, you can run whatever you like, as long as we roughly have a 50/50 (gr1/gr3) split grid I’m happy.

Hope that makes sense, I know it’s a bit random, I’m surprised no one asked the question before tbh. :lol:

Last edited:
2 days to go before preseason!!
Testing went ok last night, it’s a 2 stop race unless you really want to fuel saving like crazy. There is plenty of wiggle room to pit early or slightly later as the warm up lap will be included in the 90minutes. Softs are ultimately faster, however the mediums were a big suprise and can match the softs more closely than I expected. Pit loss is around 28s. I double stinted mediums and was able to match the first stints pace for the first few laps. You may be able to save time not changing tyres on the mediums, but I would try it out first.

Let me know if your planning to attend and with which class, and I can add people to the Race Entry List

@MaxAttack, @GOTMAXPOWER, @DelboyD, @NoStopN, @Sniparator, @HammyMansell, @GT5Apex, @Harmy2010 @O604

Also like to take the chance to plug another league I found which sounds awesome, held by @llNovall
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tart-5-29-7-30pm-est-pending-interest.391237/

:cheers:

Yes mate I'll be there, Hopefully in Gr3 for me, should be fun! ;)

Yes that would be the “normal” way to do it. Plan for this series is that each team will have a pro and am driver, and for each race, the team can decide who wants to drive which class.

I did this because were using 3 class’ during the entire season instead of the normal 2. I’ve done that more for variety and to fit the tracks I chose better.
I also don’t like the idea of am drivers being forced into a slower car when we’re all here for a good time at end of the day.
It also brings into play the team aspect, for one circuit your car might be stronger than your team mates so it may make sense to switch roles etc etc

Saturday as it’s preseason and no teams, you can run whatever you like, as long as we roughly have a 50/50 (gr1/gr3) split grid I’m happy.

Hope that makes sense, I know it’s a bit random, I’m surprised no one asked the question before tbh. :lol:

Apparently I didn't read the first post since the first time I read it. I may not have totally understood how the team aspect went into play. Whoever I am teamed with will likely be in the faster class. As many of you have seen, my mouth writes checks (cheques) that my talent can't cash. :lol:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/embed/0900de97-0b4f-4ba7-bbe7-1a23ce2a8ad8

I'm really sorry (especially for the short notice), but I've got to drop out from tonight's race. I've got to get up early tomorrow morning. What I thought was going to be a quiet Sunday has now become a busy Sunday!

I probably won't fall asleep until after 2am if I race.

#IMPORTANT CHANGE#

Hi all,

The big news is we have gained ourselves an Official Pace/Safety Car. I found @Chillgamer190 yesterday on the forum just by chance and he was looking to get involved as a Safety Car Driver for online races, I thought this may be something we could incorporate into the season and as we have pre season to test it out, why not? We did some practice last night to find the easiest way to implement it and here we are.

I've updated the procedures (again! I know :scared:) to allow for the Safety Car but I'll summarize below:

Safety Car will lead us out to the superpole holding area.
For tonight I will use grid set by host so I can force the Safety Car into Pole.
Safety car will lead the Siting lap and exit to pit lane, racing will then start when the leader bolts.
During the race:
  • The Safety Car will be waiting in pit lane.
  • If a Driver crashes and receives damage, that Driver will request a Safety Car (only if damage is received)
  • To request a Safety Car the Driver will type in chat "Safety Car"
  • The Safety Car will respond with "Safety Car Deployed"
  • Once the Safety Car has responded NO overtaking is allowed but Drivers will maintain a race pace.
  • Drivers are allowed to pit under Safety Car.
  • The Safety Car will travel at a maximum speed of 130kph/80mph.
  • Cars will follow behind the Safety Car until it exits to pit lane.
  • The leader of the pack is free to start the race at any point after the safety car exits the track.
  • Once in pit lane the Safety Car will type "Safety Car In - Light's Green" to alert drivers who are not in the pack, that racing has resumed.
My only concern is if the Safety Car deploys mid pack, giving the lead cars a free lap advantage. The Safety Car will do its best to come out in front of a lead car but we will have to see how this plays out. I think in most endurance series the Safety Car is luck of the draw and you have to live with it but we'll see, you can pit under safety car so that's a bonus possibly.

Worst case if all goes terribly wrong tonight we may lose the Safety Car going forward but I'm hoping @Chillgamer190 will be happy to still Pace Car for us for the race start.

Tonight should be a blast :cheers:

I'm really sorry (especially for the short notice), but I've got to drop out from tonight's race. I've got to get up early tomorrow morning. What I thought was going to be a quiet Sunday has now become a busy Sunday!

I probably won't fall asleep until after 2am if I race.

No problem, thanks for letting us know.

I plan on being there. Still a wildcard. Not confident I can drive for 2 hours. :D

Any car/class left over is fine with me.

Last edited:
I like the safety car idea, adds another dynamic to the races 👍 Welcome aboard @Chillgamer190 :cheers:
My only concern is if the Safety Car deploys mid pack, giving the lead cars a free lap advantage. The Safety Car will do its best to come out in front of a lead car but we will have to see how this plays out. I think in most endurance series the Safety Car is luck of the draw and you have to live with it but we'll see, you can pit under safety car so that's a bonus possibly.
As far as I know real safety cars come out as soon as they're called for whichever car is next in line, the SC then waves past all the cars until the leader is first behind, maybe that can be copied with the indicators somehow.

@GOTMAXPOWER Yes I agree, although I believe they only do that if the safety car is deployed for an extended period????

However I was having similar thoughts, we've been discussing it most of the day, we need it to work for us as best we can. Ideally we would want a "race control" to organize things but we don't have that. I think @Chillgamer190 could deploy and wait for p1 to catch up allowing others car by, I think this could work at most tracks but le Sarthe is so long I'm worried that by the time he's waited and done a lap, it'll either take too long, or most of the field will be trying to catch up and thus basically negating the safety car completely?

I think we may have better success at the more normal length circuits, especially if we said the safety car was deployed for 2 laps.

I'm open to ideas, I hadn't given it any thought before hand, this is literally a lastminute.com idea :lol:

Yeah, It should work fine for normal length circuits, If I try to catch up to P1 and then do my lap on le Sarthe, then I would need multiple laps for it for sure.

I've been thinking about this problem for a while now but, I don't have a solution yet.

I think for the longer length tracks, that I will just deploy and get to pace speed directly and see what will happen

Ok so I’ve done some googling and @GOTMAXPOWER is correct, safety car is deployed immediately and waves passed cars not in p1. So I propose:

safety car is requested by a damaged vehicle, safety car deploys and drives very slowly (50kph), at one side of the circuit. All cars can maintain a good pace whilst being cautious.
Now we have 2 classes, so in effect 2 races.
Any car can pass the safety car except the leader of either class.
Whichever leader arrives first must wait behind the safety car and then all other cars queue behind in order.
Once the safety car has at least 1 car behind it waiting, it will speed up to 130kph and pit at the end of that lap, (which I expect to be 1 at le sarthe).
Caution needs to be observed and ideally cars stick to one side of the track as cars may still need to get passed, (for example gr1 p1+p2 are ahead of SC, gr3 p1 is behind SC, but gr1 p3 + p4 will still need to get passed so as not to get lapped under SC).
Now that is confusing but I think doable, Drivers will have to keep an eye on their deltas to know where they are on track and pass the safety car safely

I can't commit to the whole series but I'm interested in trying the race tonight if possible.

Do we have many entered in Gr1 tonight? That's what I'd like to run unless the other class has alot more entries.

No problem, plenty of space for part time drivers and yes you can run in gr1. Looks like we will have another close race 👍

Thanks for everyone’s patience, I know I’ve made many changes over the past weeks. Lobby is now open, good luck :cheers:

Be sure to double check your bop settings are correct.

0475-4382-6516-1616-6980

Back