Kermit's Super Formula Street Circuit Cup - Finished

Rebraking your fingers?? May I ask what you do that puts your finger bones in so much peril??

First I smashed them with a club hammer while working on my car hub and for work I transport and deliver forklift trucks and keep catching my damaged fingers in straps and the like.
Its hard work trying to keep them out of the way when you need to use them :lol::lol:
Haven't been able to race for over a month with the way they are so far :odd: :(

Last edited:
#### Race Day Notification ####
Just under 3 hours until the Final Round at St Croix CII. I hope everyone is looking forward to another race!! I'm sure there will be some close and fair racing with a bit of drama thrown in to round the season off nicely.

Race 1
- 4 laps , 22% fuel, OT x1
- Pre set Grid
- Rolling Start (the in game 1)
- Light Damage
- Safety Car Disabled

Race 2
- 11 laps, 57% fuel, OT x2
- Grid = result from Race 1
- Rolling Start (the in game 1) (no warm up lap)
- Heavy Damage
- Safety Car Enabled

Race 1 Grid Order

SF Grid round 5.png

Circuit Hazards

This circuit is probably the most challenging circuit on the calendar. The lap starts incredibly fast and slows right down to a 1st/2nd gear section at the end of the lap. The first half of the lap onto the back straight it the most dangerous with various lines available, blind entries and walls very close to the circuit edge. T1 is particularly dangerous and so are the S bends through the houses, running wide on these corners will end in a huge accident.

Safety Car
We will be running as per Round 4 where P1 will be acting as Safety Car. However due to the length of the lap we will have a small change.
- As usual once the Safety Car is requested all drivers will slow down to 160kph/100mph and no overtaking will be allowed
- Drivers will stay at this speed until all drivers have re-joined the group after repairing damage.
- Once everyone has re-joined the group, P1 may restart the race at any moment.
- Please keep weaving to a minimum and spread out a little like we did in round 4 👍
P1 Restart notes
- No false/fake restarts or silly business (we don't need a repeat of Mugello in F1 if possible)
- You must restart the race within that sector of the circuit (to minimize time under Safety car and so everyone has a rough idea of when you will going)
- Please restart the race in a safe manor (re-starting into a braking zone or tight corner is not allowed, please restart on a straight or corner exit)

If everyone can join the party chat I will act as race control/organiser.

Good luck to all and have a great race :cheers:

Last edited:
So no manual Rolling start. Also what is meant exactly with that the restart must be within that sector?

Because it’s a 3 minute lap at race pace and under SC it would be 5+minutes long. Once the group has reformed you can start the race as soon as you want too (“within that sector” as in when the lap deltas show up as you complete the lap).
It doesn’t have to be perfect, what I don’t want is the group to reform in sector 1 then us waste 5 minutes completing the lap slowly when we could restart sooner.
Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Up early for some reason this morning.

Good fun racing with you all last night.

You need fast reaction times in the SF car when racing wheel to wheel. A big off in the second race after the bridge cost me loads of places.

I’ll deffo keep an eye out for other SF races/championships.

Awesome racing last night! Thank you Kermit for hosting.

I avoided the wall every lap but that sharp left-hander going onto the back straight gave me problems. As matter of fact the sharp left-hander going onto the last major straight also gave me problems. Other than those 2 places the track is a very good track.

Looking forward to the next series.

Enjoy your racing!

Thank for creating and hosting this series Kermit, it was great fun. The only change I would suggest is eliminating the safety car and using light damage. Restarts are too difficult and there are too many SC periods. At one time last night I was in 4th, the car in front was swerving to warm his tires so I assumed we were still under caution and I got rear-ended by the car behind who was racing. It didn't seem like anyone really knew that we were going green, if someone had announced it over their mic it could have worked better but for the most part SC periods were a confusing mess. Thanks again for hosting, have a good one.

Thank for creating and hosting this series Kermit, it was great fun. The only change I would suggest is eliminating the safety car and using light damage. Restarts are too difficult and there are too many SC periods. At one time last night I was in 4th, the car in front was swerving to warm his tires so I assumed we were still under caution and I got rear-ended by the car behind who was racing. It didn't seem like anyone really knew that we were going green, if someone had announced it over their mic it could have worked better but for the most part SC periods were a confusing mess. Thanks again for hosting, have a good one.
That safety car was a bit different from the others because it was for a crash at the end of the lap so we only had 2 slow sectors which caught a few people out.

I was restarting 6th but saw the leaders going in the esses so had to get on with it, 5th didn't go so I passed at the hairpin but thought everybody was racing on the straight since the speed was back up so I got in @fastone371 's slipstream just as he hit the brakes (the car ahead had started weaving so I can see why) which took us both out.

Restarting 13th with fresh tyres and full boost with 5 laps left was the kind of crazy racing that made this season so good :cheers:

Thanks for hosting @Kermit_2142. I really enjoyed the series and the SF cars are so fun to drive, even if I’m yet to properly tame them/work them out. The choice of tracks was great too, both St. Croix circuits were new to me and Sardegna gave probably the best race surprisingly... but I’d fancy another shot at Bathurst!

I think the safety car worked pretty well in the last two races considering, though it’s easier with everyone in chat, or at least listening in to the party.

Will definitely be looking out for another SF series unless you have anything up your sleeve.

Back