Kermit's Super Formula Street Circuit Cup - Finished

SF19 Super Formula (Toyota).jpg

Hopefully fits all the rules.

Question on track limits. On St Croix A in turn one there is a green part of track on the inside. Can we use that? The curb is behind it

Yes good shout, both St Croix circuits have a corner where the green is an issue. Green is counted as off circuit in both instances.

For those having not raced with me before, during race week I will post a ### Race Notification ### just with some little procedure reminders and any points of concern if there are any 👍.

Next week I will be hosting testing/practice lobbies which will also include SC practice if people want to :cheers:

Last edited:
They should have a version of Monza in the game with the oval. Has any game had Monza with the oval yet??
The original Assetto Corsa had it and PCARS 2 (but they used the version with chicanes before the banked corners on the combined track).

Project cars 2 has, not sure about 3
3 has just the standard historic track, no oval 👎

Hey Kermit, great looking series and racing idea (and it filled up quick I see ;)) just wanted to say that I'll spectate from the sidelines, don't have enough time atm.

With Kermit's approval (of course), if there is a particular race you want to race I can sit out and watch while you race. Just let me know which ones you want. Think of it as sort of a time share option. These are actually very fun cars to drive, a handful but fun.

@Timm Sheehan : Thanks mate, that's very kind! I am not sure yet if I have time, but I'll let you know as soon as possible if times allows it. Right now I try to adhere to the rule of only 3 "serious" races a month, as I don't have that much time and I am already invovled in some replica endurance events and in the upcoming GT Sprint World Cup. But yes, these cars will be a blast and the track selection is very nice, especially Sardegna and St. Croix are always great. I think actually that all the fantasy tracks in GT Sport are really nice, they did a great job there.

Anybody have any advice on how to take the S coming off the bridge for Sainte Croix A? I am losing a lot of time there avoiding both green areas, just can't find that smooth line through that section.

Edit: Scratch that first advice, I was thinking of race #5, going the other direction lol. I’m braking just before the 100 board, down to 2nd in between the chicane apexs for rotation, then back to 3rd for the exit to the left. It’s a tricky corner though for sure. :)

Anybody have any advice on how to take the S coming off the bridge for Sainte Croix A? I am losing a lot of time there avoiding both green areas, just can't find that smooth line through that section.

I had to watch Pigems replay to see what you were talking about, I never noticed the green at those corners and I ran about 40 laps there yesterday. :lol::lol:
I take the first of those in 3rd and downshift to second just before the left to rotate the car, I guess I just take a wider line there. I kind of give up time on entry to those 2 because you want a great exit due to the long full throttle section that follows. I will have a lobby open there in about 2 hours or so to practice again this morning. Im still well shy of Pigems with 2:31 so far.

I had to watch Pigems replay to see what you were talking about, I never noticed the green at those corners and I ran about 40 laps there yesterday. :lol::lol:
I take the first of those in 3rd and downshift to second just before the left to rotate the car, I guess I just take a wider line there. I kind of give up time on entry to those 2 because you want a great exit due to the long full throttle section that follows. I will have a lobby open there in about 2 hours or so to practice again this morning. Im still well shy of Pigems with 2:31 so far.

During my practice sessions it felt like I was dragging through that bridge exit R-L combo so I ran a few AI races and found I am dragging because I get passed every time once I execute the left turn so I figured I am not executing a proper racing line through that section. I am going to try hugging the inside more on the left hand turn by seeing if I can get the entry correct on the right hand turn to set me up for the left hand turn.

Yeah my times are getting better with practice but not at Pigems' level yet. Consistantly hitting 2:44 with a few laps down around 2:42. Still have a week to go so a lot more time to practice.

Edit: Scratch that first advice, I was thinking of race #5, going the other direction lol. I’m braking just before the 100 board, down to 2nd in between the chicane apexs for rotation, then back to 3rd for the exit to the left. It’s a tricky corner though for sure. :)

Thank you Sir, I am going too deep on the left hand turn so I am going to work on the entrance to right hand turn so I can set up for a closer entrance into the left hand turn. Thank you again.

Last edited:
I like them because racers cannot knock them out of the way like they do with cones. I must admit that during practice sessions I run with all 3 but then try to race without them (have used blue markers at times during the FIA events).

I usually race with cones on because some tracks don't have many good braking indicators but you gotta be careful, sometimes the cones are way to early and will slow you down, T1 at Suzuka is a good example.

I don't know how you can look at cones/brake markers, etc when you're driving along. Once I know the track I just eyeball the distance to the apex and hope I've guessed the right point to brake.

I don’t really look “at them” per say, I’ll pick them out in the distance as there upcoming, then, once I’ve spotted the mark, I kinda just use my peripheral vision to trigger braking as it passes by/off the edge of my screen. But it is still pretty similar to what you’re saying, it becomes more timing/feel based than anything once you get used to the track. :)

Back