Kermit's Super Formula Street Circuit Cup - Finished

Lol flipped my car in practice :D
_20200921_012708.JPG
_20200921_012756.JPG

I don't know how you can look at cones/brake markers, etc when you're driving along. Once I know the track I just eyeball the distance to the apex and hope I've guessed the right point to brake.

Same way you see the apex or braking boards, you are not watching them rather you catch them in your visual picture when entering the braking zone. I find it very difficult to find optimum braking points on a flat 2D screen, its much, much easier for me to detect distance in a real 3D world. That reminds me, I ran a custom race with the SF yesterday, the nose of the car must be much longer than it seems, several times I bumper the car in front when I thought I had plenty of room.

Alrighty then, I still have a few corners to work out (including my bridge exit) but I am feeling cocky and could potentially throw down a challenge to you alien drivers out there. Today is seeing 2:38.###, who knows what race day will bring.

I have been working out some of the racing lines with my GR.3 Toyota and slowly working them up with the SF19. Tough thing, the SF19 is just so super fast. Am I driving it or holding on for dear life? Not sure of the answer to that yet.

Thanks to Pigems and RacingGrandpa for the help, I appreciate it.

Enjoy your racing this week!

Hello all,

I will probably hold a few practice sessions over the next 2 weeks but they will be announced last minute depending on how my week is going etc.
I thought it would be a good idea to host an official/scheduled practice for those that want to. I’ll hold it to coincide with the usual race start time to allow everyone to sink watches, so...

Official FP1 for Round 1 of the Super Formula Street Circuit Cup will be held on Saturday 23:00 UK / 18:00 EST

:cheers:

Hello all,

I will probably hold a few practice sessions over the next 2 weeks but they will be announced last minute depending on how my week is going etc.
I thought it would be a good idea to host an official/scheduled practice for those that want to. I’ll hold it to coincide with the usual race start time to allow everyone to sink watches, so...

Official FP1 for Round 1 of the Super Formula Street Circuit Cup will be held on Saturday 23:00 UK / 18:00 EST

:cheers:

That’s 6:00pm EST right? :lol:

HKS Racing - Honda, all ready to go 👍.

Tweaked a livery I'd already made, replica of the '94 HKS Japanese F3 car raced by Warren Hughes (raced in the BTCC amongst others if the names familiar). I lack the creativity to come up with good original designs like you guys, so I'll stick to being a copycat, and a mediocre one at that :lol:.

20200918233618.jpg

Managed a few practice laps around St Croix the other day, and it was great fun. Can't remember my time, as I only did time trial to get a feel for the SF again, nonetheless it's easy to forget just how much speed you can carry through the corners, it's so planted, and with Mediums instead of Hards it gives the right balance between grip and slip. Will do some lobby between now and next week to get a better idea of performance.

GTP Name: Michelin Man
PSN Name: TheSweeney_ (formerly Michelin_man959)
Race Number: #100
Full/Part time: Full time

Also one last thing of note. I've changed my PSN name to bring it in line with my other accounts, so thought I'd reflect the change here. For those on my friends list I've opted to have my old ID displayed next to my new one for 30 days to ease confusion. I do plan on eventually changing my GTP ID accordingly, but will switch gradually when I have the chance.

I ran a 15 lap AI race using the race conditions outlined, why is it PD doesn't use maximum damage during races? It seems that it would stop a lot of bad driving. I missed a braking point on a turn and met the wall, the rest of that lap sucked!! Few laps later a bumped into another car and got some front end damage, car wanted to drift right which made left turns a little harder. For the record - I like maximum damage turned on.

So why are this damage option not used in online races?

I ran a 15 lap AI race using the race conditions outlined, why is it PD doesn't use maximum damage during races? It seems that it would stop a lot of bad driving. I missed a braking point on a turn and met the wall, the rest of that lap sucked!! Few laps later a bumped into another car and got some front end damage, car wanted to drift right which made left turns a little harder. For the record - I like maximum damage turned on.

Too much complaining, too many doesn't like it

I guess it would be abused by people who ram and quit. The original GRID game was best, the visual damage was great so the bodies actually deformed and you could get terminal damage by knocking wheels off. Once you were out the race you had the option to spectator or quit, if you pressed neither it would leave your car where it ended up in the middle of the road.

Too much complaining, too many doesn't like it

That and people would just figure out how to manipulate it just like the penalty system. You think getting an undeserved penalty is bad, wait until someone takes out your engine on lap 1, and gives you a penalty to boot! :lol:

I guess it would be abused by people who ram and quit. The original GRID game was best, the visual damage was great so the bodies actually deformed and you could get terminal damage by knocking wheels off. Once you were out the race you had the option to spectator or quit, if you pressed neither it would leave your car where it ended up in the middle of the road.

I guess I see all these points. I do see that racers would manipulate it (just like our penalty system).

I for one am glad Kermit is running this option. I welcome it in any private racing series (like this one) or lobby but like most I am picky who I race with when I am not doing a Daily or FIA event.

Thanks guys for the wisdom.

Enjoy your racing!

I for one am glad Kermit is running this option. I welcome it in any private racing series (like this one) or lobby but like most I am picky who I race with when I am not doing a Daily or FIA event.

Thanks guys for the wisdom.

Enjoy your racing!
Yeah, last season it worked really well with the safety car (except when you spin off following it :sly:).

I can't say I like it, prefer light damage,one mistake and the race is lost.
Having to link to the pits and repair, no way you ever catch up again.

True, after reading the replies I now agree that with bad racers, manipulating racers, and bad penalties honest drivers the maximum damage option won't work. During the AI races I did have to pull into the pits to get repair work done and it did kill my race. I now see it as a major DR killer for online racing for honest racers.

After a delay from the spray booth and the team starting to worry the car wouldn’t be ready for FP1 on Saturday. Spy shots have emerged from a private test held at Spa, conditions looked damp to begin with, but the team were heard to have said they were happy to finally get the car out on track ready for the new season.

View attachment 960008

View attachment 960010
Well, it is/was a street circuit :sly:

o5ibfugyghk41.jpg

After a delay from the spray booth and the team starting to worry the car wouldn’t be ready for FP1 on Saturday. Spy shots have emerged from a private test held at Spa, conditions looked damp to begin with, but the team were heard to have said they were happy to finally get the car out on track ready for the new season.

View attachment 960008

View attachment 960010
The car is actually not that bad in wet conditions

After one of the most expensive seasons of multi class racing in Motorsport history, infamously slightly insane driver Max Attack has turned his attention to the Super Formula Street Series, today unveiling a livery in partnership with now defunct tuner magazine Max Power and Toyota Gazoo Racing.

The fictional rally driver had this to say;

"Well, after the last season, there are not so many sponsors jumping at the chance to be on the car, so, we figured, screw it, let's slap a lightning bolt on it and call it a day. I can't see a gravel hairpin anywhere on the calendar but, should be a good one."

PS_Messages_20200925_232427.jpg

#### Free Practice 1 Notification ####

Schedule:

23:00uk / 18:00est - Lobby officially opens for 40mins practice (hopefully I will be a little early).

23:45uk / 18:45est - Safety Car practice. We will run a couple short races (3 laps) with a designator “crasher” so we can practice the SC procedure.

For those that don’t make it, I intend to capture footage of the SC procedure which I’ll add to page 1 of the thread (hopefully).

Looking forward to seeing those liveries :cheers:

#### Free Practice 1 Notification ####

Schedule:

23:00uk / 18:00est - Lobby officially opens for 40mins practice (hopefully I will be a little early).

23:45uk / 18:45est - Safety Car practice. We will run a couple short races (3 laps) with a designator “crasher” so we can practice the SC procedure.

For those that don’t make it, I intend to capture footage of the SC procedure which I’ll add to page 1 of the thread (hopefully).

Looking forward to seeing those liveries :cheers:

This is my time time to shine, I knew the day would come!! I’m your man, I can crash better than anyone!! :lol:

Latest Posts

Back