Kermit's Super Formula Street Circuit Cup - Finished

Thought I would have a quick spin to learn the track, ended up doing 90 miles :eek:. It feels like a couple of corners are the reverse direction to what they should be so tighten up mid corner and have walls at funny angles on the exit but holy **** that 6th gear chicane at the start of sector 4 is addictive!

Here's my best lap of the night, there are a couple of track limit violations (running wide onto the grass in the iffy right in sector 3 and turning in too early after the bridge).

Skechy innit? I agree on the really fast chicane, that's a bloody awesome corner and it feels really rewarding to commit super hard.

I think we'll be seeing more than a few bottle jobs. That left hander, second turn after the bridge, is really tricky to approach at the right speed. I got swallowed by the wall a couple times last night.

Still learning my way around but it's a really fun drive in this car. I wholly expect you (max) to very much disappear at the front with this much downforce on a track like this. You wouldn't let me down, right?

Skechy innit? I agree on the really fast chicane, that's a bloody awesome corner and it feels really rewarding to commit super hard.

I think we'll be seeing more than a few bottle jobs. That left hander, second turn after the bridge, is really tricky to approach at the right speed. I got swallowed by the wall a couple times last night.

Still learning my way around but it's a really fun drive in this car. I wholly expect you (max) to very much disappear at the front with this much downforce on a track like this. You wouldn't let me down, right?

He may get stuck in traffic or collected in an accident, due to the reverse grid for race 1. There will be chaos and I can’t wait :D:D:D

He may get stuck in traffic or collected in an accident, due to the reverse grid for race 1. There will be chaos and I can’t wait :D:D:D
As much as I want to believe, and take Supra Shortopolis as an indicator, I'm pretty sure we will see alien pace from Slower Max in this series.

For my part, well, I've been playing lots of f1, like the car, and I'm generally better on street circuits/with walls than elsewhere. But I expect to "feel pretty good" and then be 2% or so off the pace come race day.

Reverse grids though - might play into the hands of a maniac like myself.

So it doesn’t take a multiple car accident to call safety? Kinda sucks that two guys/a guy in the back can blow a big lead for the front guy.
On paper it kind of sucks, but in 90 minute races like we had last time out with these rules, the leaders seemed to be pretty excited to have more action. It also gives us not stupidly fast players more to play for.

We had a lot of safety cars in the multiclass season and I don't think anyone was annoyed at any of them.

@RacingGrandpa my best skill is defense too! Ask @Kermit_2142 and @GOTMAXPOWER about that Supra race. No freebies!

So it doesn’t take a multiple car accident to call safety? Kinda sucks that two guys/a guy in the back can blow a big lead for the front guy.

Any damage = debris on track = safety car.

Standard in most racing to clear debris from track however recently most series have gone to a full course yellow system but that sucks and SC is more fun/exciting.

upload_2020-9-29_14-59-47.png

Double fixed it

(of course, this post is totally not fake and has totally not been edited using inspect element)

Thought I would have a quick spin to learn the track, ended up doing 90 miles :eek:. It feels like a couple of corners are the reverse direction to what they should be so tighten up mid corner and have walls at funny angles on the exit but holy **** that 6th gear chicane at the start of sector 4 is addictive!

Here's my best lap of the night, there are a couple of track limit violations (running wide onto the grass in the iffy right in sector 3 and turning in too early after the bridge).

Thanks for that lap, I was feeling pretty good cause I ran some 1:29's, oh well, someone needs bring up the rear.

I will be racing Saturday but I have a problem, I have never learned to make liveries. I can steal one from the discover section but it likely won't have the correct decals. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated, I will run any allowed livery. If I had a choice I would take the Mild 7 Renault from the Alonso championship years.

I will be racing Saturday but I have a problem, I have never learned to make liveries. I can steal one from the discover section but it likely won't have the correct decals. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated, I will run any allowed livery. If I had a choice I would take the Mild 7 Renault from the Alonso championship years.

Perfect time to learn!!! It’s not too difficult once you get the hang of the wierd controls and there’s plenty of “how too’s” on YouTube.

The decals needed are all “standard” ones so you don’t need to go hunting for them.

No doubt one of these guys have a few spare liveries knocking around and I can whip you up a basic one if you still need it.

Just give it a go, doesn’t have to be a work of art and is part of the fun :cheers:

Back