323i Touring / 323Ci

• Thread starter Kitten
  • 163 comments
I'd go for BBS Style 42 on yours. Or any other E46.

I'm kind of iffy on the Style 42's

mozu5nzj46kz.jpg

I love 'em. Elegant, BBS style, not over-the-top like your average stanced VW-bro BBS LM wheels, and just the right profile. Still, that's my taste, not yours. It's your car at the end of the day, and it's no one's place to tell you what to do with it.

Though what Danoff said is worth considering - 18 inch wheels might look better to you but will you regret it after a thousand miles of avoiding potholes like they're made of diseases?

I love 'em. Elegant, BBS style, not over-the-top like your average stanced VW-bro BBS LM wheels, and just the right profile. Still, that's my taste, not yours. It's your car at the end of the day, and it's no one's place to tell you what to do with it.

Though what Danoff said is worth considering - 18 inch wheels might look better to you but will you regret it after a thousand miles of avoiding potholes like they're made of diseases?

Of Course, and I do prefer a bit more meat on my wheels. To much rims looks obnoxious

Both of those wheel fitments on the APEX wheels is pretty aggressive and requires fender rolling, and possibly some trimming.

Both of those wheel fitments on the APEX wheels is pretty aggressive and requires fender rolling, and possibly some trimming.

To be fair, the second one has quite the meaty tire. But I'm sure I'll find something eventually that will fit well! It's my least of priority right now.

Currently hunting EU Spec stuff, and changing to a double din radio, and other maintenance via the drivetrain.

Congrats on getting the car Kitten! Reading through your posts you got some nice plans with it. I'm all for removing the roof racks, makes it look a bit more sporty. Putting on those M goodies will make it look much better too. What are your thoughts on the brown interior? Would you like to put a black interior in there (black carpets, black ceiling etc), with maybe M (style) front seats? No idea what the costs would be since you would have to swap out so much, but I imagine there would be enough parts for the E46.

If you have some spare time and haven't seen already, maybe this is a nice mini series to watch:

I really like the rims you suggested that are on the red sedan. Just perfect! :dopey: They do ask for the right fitment though, not sure how it would look on your E46 without a bit moar low, could look a bit derpy. I remember I absolutely hated how my car looked with new rims and without lowering, wished I did lowering first.

Congrats on getting the car Kitten! Reading through your posts you got some nice plans with it. I'm all for removing the roof racks, makes it look a bit more sporty. Putting on those M goodies will make it look much better too. What are your thoughts on the brown interior? Would you like to put a black interior in there (black carpets, black ceiling etc), with maybe M (style) front seats? No idea what the costs would be since you would have to swap out so much, but I imagine there would be enough parts for the E46.

If you have some spare time and haven't seen already, maybe this is a nice mini series to watch:

I really like the rims you suggested that are on the red sedan. Just perfect! :dopey: They do ask for the right fitment though, not sure how it would look on your E46 without a bit moar low, could look a bit derpy. I remember I absolutely hated how my car looked with new rims and without lowering, wished I did lowering first.

Thank you!
I have seen that episode!

To answer the interior question, I think I'll keep it the tan color, it quite grew on me, I wanted to go black, however, it would be a pain to fully switch over, since i'd have to change the floor carpet, door panels etc. and it wouldn't really match with the paint color! I would like to change the OEM Wheel for a Sports Steering Wheel, or an M one. I am not sure for seats yet though. Not there yet!

I watched that - naturally my favourite episode was where they stripped it out and basically ruined it for the road, because that's exactly what I did to one of my cars!

Onto some news, I will have to change the brake light switch, its causing the transmission to go into limp mode once inawhile, however, it goes away after a restart. Seems like another common problem with E46's. Onto some good news! I sourced some E46 Euro Outer Tail lights!

This fella in the UK was parting out his wagon, and gave me a fantastic deal! Couldn't resist! Onto buying the Corner Lights, and Side Markers, which is relatively cheap.

:sly:

44113565_484440012049112_9156666392974458880_n.jpg

Last edited:
Onto some news, I will have to change the brake light switch, its causing the transmission to go into limp mode once inawhile, however, it goes away after a restart.

Was that the brake light recall?

That's the one that I'm planning to get, if i find a decent one :D

I would recommend the ZHP version instead of that one. I have that one, it's not as nice.

Yep, I would go with the m-tech wheel. It's thicker. Also there were recalls done on the airbags, so I would want one with a post-recall unit. I think the airbags are the same on the two units (sport and m-tech).

Was that the brake light recall?

The only recall afaik is these; and the airbag recall, which needs to be done, however, there isn't a close BMW dealership near me.. :lol: A brake light switch is like $20.

087df37d75.png

Yep, I would go with the m-tech wheel. It's thicker. Also there were recalls done on the airbags, so I would want one with a post-recall unit. I think the airbags are the same on the two units (sport and m-tech).
I would recommend the ZHP version instead of that one. I have that one, it's not as nice.

I like both :indiff:...

To be fair, the second one has quite the meaty tire. But I'm sure I'll find something eventually that will fit well! It's my least of priority right now.

Apart from that, ET30 is a very aggressive offset for a non-M E46.

Remember, the airbag recall is done by VIN number, so if you install a steering wheel from another car, that particular airbag will be what gets inspected and replaced if necessary, not the wheel that came with the car. If you replace the steering wheel after you complete the airbag recall, the dealer will not replace that airbag as well even if it would otherwise qualify in the original car it came out of.

Remember, the airbag recall is done by VIN number, so if you install a steering wheel from another car, that particular airbag will be what gets inspected and replaced if necessary, not the wheel that came with the car. If you replace the steering wheel after you complete the airbag recall, the dealer will not replace that airbag as well even if it would otherwise qualify in the original car it came out of.

Yes, I am aware of that! 👍

Passed Inspection! Finally installed the Euro Spec Corner Light, and Fender Lights. The wait for the rear tail lights now... :( also needs a bath, but its been raining past couple of weeks, and too cold!

45220875_721992341489368_8713011196309012480_n.jpg

Woohooo! Got the rear tail lights! Looks much better. However inner tail lights need to be replaced.. they are quite awful :(.

46154970_714488142277462_2363166125237207040_n.jpg

Nice stuff Kitten! Your inner tail lights do look a bit weathered, hope you can get a good deal on those too 👍

Back