Korean Version of Prologue

BreakerOhio
Play Asia has versions of Prologue for sale. Chinese ver is 28 and there is a Korean version for 38. I sent them an email asking if the different cost was a reflection of the fact that maybe the 38 dollar version was bug free.

They replied with:
Hi, thank you for writing to Play-Asia.com We haven't got any indication about this, so we don't know sorry... However from what we heard from a couple of customers is that the Korean release version is bug free. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to contact us again. with best regards, Alice http://www.play-asia.com

Can anyone verify this? I plan on only using the Logitech Driving Force Pro when i play, so I want it to be 100% compatible.

Yes, the Korean version is bug free when used with he DFP wheel. My Korean copy came in the mail yesterday and its a relief to not have to fight the bugs that is in my Chinese copy any more.

Originally posted by BreakerOhio
Is the Korean version NTSC? Will it play on Japanese PS2?

Korean games are also NTSC/J, they can be played on Japanese PS2. I have 2 Korean PS2 games and I had played them on my Japanese PS2 (non-modded).

Originally posted by tre
Yes, the Korean version is bug free when used with he DFP wheel. My Korean copy came in the mail yesterday and its a relief to not have to fight the bugs that is in my Chinese copy any more.

So you are telling me that you have BOTH versions. I guess your statement has good credibility then since you have both to compare with, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for posting a reply.

Originally posted by BreakerOhio
So you are telling me that you have BOTH versions. I guess your statement has good credibility then since you have both to compare with, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for posting a reply.

For your reference, I have the Chinese, Japanese and Korean versions of GT4 Prologue.

Keep in mind though, the only bug with the Chinese version is that you get 99.6% throttle when using the wheel. Wether that is worth $10 or not is up to you.

Originally posted by 8400RPM
Keep in mind though, the only bug with the Chinese version is that you get 99.6% throttle when using the wheel. Wether that is worth $10 or not is up to you.

Doesn't it also have the wheel locking bug?

not quite:

Japanese version: FF lag, wheel locking, 99.6% throttle and breaking
Chinese version: basically the same issues, though seemingly slightly less frequent
Korean version: bug free :D (at least I haven't had *any* problems yet)

Back