Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
I don't think GTR3 will do well tbh. Those guys are barely related to the old Simbin (which are now split up between the people making Raceroom and PCARS). I don't think the sim racing world is big enough for 2 dedicated GT racing games, and Kunos will surely have the upperhand with physics. Graphics wise it's going to be equal as they are both using UE4. Feature wise there's really not going to be too much difference either as they are portraying similar series.

I actually heard that Simbin now consists mostly of freshly from university graduated young people. Don't know if it's completely a good thing or not :)

I actually heard that Simbin now consists mostly of freshly from university graduated young people. Don't know if it's completely a good thing or not :)
No, it isn't because they can't drive (racing). :lol:

Last edited:
ACC will feature Nvidia's new RTX (ray tracing)

(skip to 3 hours 11 min 48 sec)

upload_2018-8-20_22-43-59.png

Without RTX, the shadows of the railing on the roof will disappear in the distance. With RTX, all the shadows will be able to be rendered and cars will be able to reflect each other

"Competisiano" - got it :)

To be honest, i am yet to be impressed by an implementation of RTX in a game. Sure what he showed looked better, but i am really more interested in how many more fps the 2080Ti can do compared to the 1080Ti. I don't want to spend 1200 bucks for better shadows and reflections. Actually things we all tend to turn down a notch anyways because it's taking away fps :))

I run Sims like PC2 and AC in VR so RT will be useless for me, I just want to know if we can increase supersampling/graphics settings when running in VR with a solid 90FPS.

I have a feeling that I'm only going to be able to get a minimal, half-arsed experience of ACC because of my laptop. Dual GTX965m in my MSI laptop just isn't going to cut it and I refuse to go spend big bucks just to play 1 game. I did it for AC but that was a $2500 purchase in the fall of 2015 - not even three years ago.

I have a feeling that I'm only going to be able to get a minimal, half-arsed experience of ACC because of my laptop. Dual GTX965m in my MSI laptop just isn't going to cut it and I refuse to go spend big bucks just to play 1 game. I did it for AC but that was a $2500 purchase in the fall of 2015 - not even three years ago.

You and me both my friend. I have a GTX860M in my Lenovo laptop from 2014 :lol: Before that I was rocking a Vista laptop from 2008 :P As you can tell I'm a fan of stretching out my electronics and using them to the point of obsolescence.

Then again, I always say that graphics is secondary in a racing sim as long as the driving is fantastic. When I was still using my Vista laptop I would play rFactor on minimum graphics settings, and I can honestly say it didn't affect my enjoyment of it any one bit. I've got my PS4 and GTS if I want eye candy. The driving is what's important in AC, anything else is just bonus :)

I've got my PS4 and GTS if I want eye candy. The driving is what's important in AC, anything else is just bonus :)

For me though, i would like to have the whole package. I want good physics and driving feeling but also i want the graphics to be at a certain level. Assetto Corsa despite it's age still looks really great. They improved some visual features over time so the game does not look like the one released 2013. I am hoping that ACC will be a serious step up.

Well ideally you would have the complete package, no one's questioning that. But if I have to make a choice between graphics vs physics, I'd choose physics any day. That also means I'm not in any rush to upgrade my hardware, as long as it can still run the game at 60 FPS. If I have to turn down every graphics settings to minimum then so be it.

10 days to go for the release of the early access.

I'll bet you that I won't get ACC on September 12th, even though I want this sim. :D

Yes, why not. :)
Personally I'll get it the second it's available. Ok just one car and one track, but dang I'm just too curious to know how it drives to not buy it.

Steam creates different price regions.
AC early access was roughly 22% off retail and I'd expect ACC to be near that. (Unless 505 thinks differently)

$30-40 would be a reasonable guess.

My curiosity is system requirements.

Steam creates different price regions.
AC early access was roughly 22% off retail and I'd expect ACC to be near that. (Unless 505 thinks differently)

$30-40 would be a reasonable guess.

My curiosity is system requirements.

AC EA was just 22% less? For some reason i remember paying only 20€ or so
Originally i wanted to run the game maxed out in 4k/60 and i feared the 1080Ti will not be able to deliver quite that. But luckily i got also a new 1440p higher refresh rate monitor couple weeks ago, so there at least it should run just fine

24,99€ over here. I can live with this.
Apparently price is increasing as the EA is going forward, starting with Build 3 it's 34,99€ and from Build 5 on it's 44,99€, wonder if this is also the final release version price.

Last edited:
The price is nice. I'm in.

I have to say though, they're not planning a livery editor anymore? They said in the RaceDepartment interview that you would be able to create your own team with a set of available sponsors. I guess we'll have to see.

I've had AC, PC, and PC2 since they landed, and built my computer around AC. I've been anticipating the ACC release,and I'm going to check Steam AGAIN to see if EA is available.
My computer is AMD based, because they built their chip plant in upstate New York in the forest where I used to trail-ride. They brought a lot of investment to my area, so I'm returning the favor...

I've had AC, PC, and PC2 since they landed, and built my computer around AC. I've been anticipating the ACC release,and I'm going to check Steam AGAIN to see if EA is available.
My computer is AMD based, because they built their chip plant in upstate New York in the forest where I used to trail-ride. They brought a lot of investment to my area, so I'm returning the favor...

EA is downloadable 12 September. We should be able to preorder on Steam soon.
The build based pricing structure is very competitive, if we buy within the release one window we're getting the entire game plus the 2019 series.

Wait what? 24.99€ for a sim with only one track and one car. :eek: :odd:

You got to be kidding me. :grumpy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back