La Sarthe Kings Go HEAD ON!!- - -PLUS an other RACE CAR comparisons

:guilty: Well.....I have been reading all of the threads that compare other cars.And I will say good job to all of you who wrote those. BUT there was one thing that I was disapointed in. That was that I found 0 threads about 2 or more race cars. 0 THREADS. Well thats why Im hears. So fasten your seat belts....cus its gonna be one heak of a ride!!! :) :) :) :)

(Note: I will try and put up pictures later. If you write in this thread I expect you car comparisons to be about race cars or LMP cars. If youy can supply us with an image...please do...if not do not worry)

Well after checkin out some cars i found two that were very similar yet different. 1st car was the Pescarolo Playstation C60 Judd Race Car whitch i recently purchased and the Audi R8.
Audi:599 hp/7200 rpm
emanuele-pir-165.jpg

Pescarolo:591 hp/7000 rpm
Nurburgring-2004-07-04-017.jpg

Alright now that we know what their like....were gonna get to know them better at La Sarthe.

This was a good course because both cars have a La Sarthe sticker....so i figured that they won there at least once.

I Started out with the Audi. Farely good. I give the look of the outside an +8. The driveing was very comfertable. This car pitts on every 9 laps on this course. This is a good factor because of the fact that everyone else pitts on lap 7-8. The accelaration was very descent. Found at times that it can get slow gettin out of the turns.This car definatley deserves a +9.5. ther wre some miner things that I didnt like(rear tail lights.....sound of the engine.....more color choise....etc..)But otherwise it was GREAT!!! :) :)

Next up was the Judd Race Car. This car Started off with a big PLUS++. The engin noise!!!!!!! :) . This noise was farely different from the Audi...or any other car. It wasn't that original........VVVVVRRRRRUUUUUMMMMM .No No No. far different. The outside is great.....give it an +9.5( miner changes) Also...like the Audi....did not like the color choise. ALSO.......if you chose for the car to be white,blue and read.......the green stuff stays there!!! :crazy: :guilty: The ride was very comfortable....no slidin and accelerated quickly out of the turns....unlike the Audi.Well its done. and i give this car a .......10!!!!!!!

I know that the Audi lost and the Pescarolo won. But listen here. I judged these cars by myself and based on my own judgement. What I mean is....If you already have an Audi....dont rush out to get the Pescarolo....unless if you want to. BUT if you are just starting off in the bigg world of Gran Turismo 4 and happen to have gotten 4,500,000....I would go with the Pescarolo.But you could do the copy the memory job and try both out and THEN go out and buy a car.( That is when you coppy your memory to two.....TWO other memory cards and then go and try the cars out.)But for me it dosent matter cus I have both. And remember....if your worried or nevous about picking a car....you always got to start somewhere. :)

(PLEASE WRITE IN THIS THREAD ABOUT COMPARING RACE CARS OR LMP CARS.YOU MAY ALSO RECOMEND ANY CAR OR CARS TO COMPARE.THANXS) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

You might also want to do the memory card trick and try the BMW.. 💡 👍

The Pescarlo, Nissans, Toyota GT1, and the Minolta are the LMP cars in GT4 that havn't won Le Mans. (I think)

Here is a list of cars in the game that have won Le Mans

Audi R8 - 00, 01, 02, 04, 05
Bentley Speed 8 - 03
BMW V12 LMR - 99
McLaren F1 GTR - 95
Peugeot 905 - 92, 93
Mazda 787B - 91
Sauber Mercedes C9 - 89
Jaguar XJR-9 - 88 (I'm not entirely sure if it's the XJR-9 or XJR-12 in the game.)
Ford GT40 - 66, 67, 68, 69

Too bad Porsche isn't in the game. They have won Le Mans 16 times since 1970.

My personal favorite LMP car in the game is the Mazda 787B (only 830kg). I highly reccommend the Nissan R92CP too.

I wouldn't reccommend the Jaguar XJR-9.

Hm..well then, try the Speed 8 vs. C9, now that would be a close test i think, and those two are probably the best looking out of the bunch

Folkedahl
The Pescarlo, Nissans, Toyota GT1, and the Minolta are the LMP cars in GT4 that havn't won Le Mans. (I think)

Bentley Speed 8 - 03
BMW V12 LMR - 99
McLaren F1 GTR - 95
Peugeot 905 - 92, 93
Mazda 787B - 91
Sauber Mercedes C9 - 89
Jaguar XJR-9 - 88 (I'm not entirely sure if it's the XJR-9 or XJR-12 in the game.)

My personal favorite LMP car in the game is the Mazda 787B (only 830kg). I highly reccommend the Nissan R92CP too.

Is the 787b the only Japanese car to have won Le Mans, or are there Japanese winners that are not in GT4?

Folkedahl

Bentley Speed 8 - 03
BMW V12 LMR - 99
McLaren F1 GTR - 95
Peugeot 905 - 92, 93
Mazda 787B - 91
Sauber Mercedes C9 - 89

The term "LMP" sure is nebulous, isn't it? Yes, it stands for "Le Mans Prototype", but technically it should only be used when referring to the newer cars that were built under the current rules as the LMP class.

I tried to clarify it here, but its still murky:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1592671#post1592671

(I updated that post and put in a link to the ACO site where you can download a copy of the LMP rules, if you're so inclined:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/reglements_gb.html

Note on page 8 that LMP1 cars can now have either 6-liter NA engines, 4-liter gasoline turbos, or 5.5-liter diesel turbos. I don't understand the LMP2 engine rules.)

Think of it this way in GT4:

All the Le Mans prototypes dating up to 1993 are "Group C" cars.

The Nissan R390GT, Mercedes CLK-GTR (which is actually a CLK-LM), Panoz GTR-1, BMW McLaren F1 GTR, and Toyota GT-One are all "GT-1" cars.

The BMW V12 LMR, Audi R8, Bentley Speed 8, and both Pescarolos are "LMP" cars as they are currently referred to, although they're all technically obsolete, of course.

(Be careful, though, that you don't confuse the old "GT-1" prototypes with the real GT production-based cars of the current "GT1" class. The Team Oreca Viper, Corvette C5-R, Lister Storm, and I guess even the poor Gilet Vertigo fall into the "production GT1" category.)

nissan350z
You should compare the Minolta to all the other Group C cars, i'm sick of people acting like "omg teh minolta is god!"

i did that

toyota 88C-V at sarthe II - 3:02.xxx
Nissan 92Cp at Sarthe II - 2:57.xxx
Sauber Mercedes at sarthe II - 3:01.xxx

im still testing the rest
:)

chinko
toyota 88C-V at sarthe II - 3:02.xxx
Nissan 92Cp at Sarthe II - 2:57.xxx
Sauber Mercedes at sarthe II - 3:01.xxx

There's something wrong here. The 88C-V is not five seconds a lap slower than the R92CP, on any track.

Note these times:

https://www.gtplanet.net/index.php?categoryid=39&p99_gameid=4&p99_trackid=118

It appears to be the other way around. Pay particular attention to the times posted by "thebindley".

If the R92CP was faster, these guys would be using it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hm..well then, try the Speed 8 vs. C9, now that would be a close test i think, and those two are probably the best looking out of the bunch

Al right i wil try that.....i will b at new york tommorrow and ill b back on tuesday but ill get it done soon.

i will also try that. Im not gonna buy the Jag cus u can earn it but im almost at 50%(46% done) BUT i will buy the Puegot 905....those two would be a good copare(or the puegot and 787B)!!!

TeamWilliams F1

i will also try that. Im not gonna buy the Jag cus u can earn it but im almost at 50%(46% done) BUT i will buy the Puegot 905....those two would be a good copare(or the puegot and 787B)!!!

Click the "reply" button in the lower right-hand corner of each post if you want to quote somebody and reply to it.

Zardoz
There's something wrong here. The 88C-V is not five seconds a lap slower than the R92CP, on any track.

Note these times:

https://www.gtplanet.net/index.php?categoryid=39&p99_gameid=4&p99_trackid=118

It appears to be the other way around. Pay particular attention to the times posted by "thebindley".

If the R92CP was faster, these guys would be using it.

mine is with untuned cars you know :) thought the times were a bit fast, and AT transmission too.

Folkedahl

Bentley Speed 8 - 03
BMW V12 LMR - 99
McLaren F1 GTR - 95
Peugeot 905 - 92, 93
Mazda 787B - 91
Sauber Mercedes C9 - 89

I think the pescarlo and the gt1 have one the le mans but im not sure when :indiff:

Back