Laguna Seca 200 in a Stock Denso Sard Supra

• Thread starter zer0h
  • 7 comments
I've been trying this race for a while in the Denso with T2 tires but i just wasnt able to keep up with the Viper even with a pit stop stratagie of 20 laps. I read a post by Der Alta about useing T4 tyres so i tryed a few qualifying laps again with these tyres. My times greatly improved by over 2 seconds. I need to run an average lap of 1'22 to win the race.

The Car:

Deno Sard Supra Stock with T4 tyres and an Oil Change. Starting HP is 487.

I'm not very good at tunning, i'm just learning at the moment but this is what settings i used.

Spring Rate: 10.0/13.0
Ride Height Adjustment: 50/55
Damper Bound: 7/7
Damper Rebound: 7/7
Camber Angle: 2.0/1.0
Toe Angle: -1.0/0.0
Stabiliser: 4/4

Break Balance: 20/15

LSD Initial: 0/10
LSD Acceleration: 0/40
LSD Decrease: 0/20

Gear Ratio: Auto 36
Final: 3.266

Down Force: 1.00/1.25
ASM: 0
TCS: 2

Qualifiying:

1: Denso Sard Supra GT - 1'17.846
2. Viper GTS-R Team Oreca - 1'18.437
3. Corvette C5R - 1'19.534
4. Vertigo Race Car - 1'22.235
5. GT40 Race Car - 1'23.924
6. CLK Touring Car - 1'24.548

The Race:

I thought this might of been a good race but it turned out really bad. As soon as i left the starting line no car passed me the entire race. I lapped the Viper on lap 89. The Oil light went on on lap 86 and HP dropped to 464, so it was alose of 23 HP

Final Standings
1: Denso Sard Supra GT - 2:01'47.148
2. Viper GTS-R Team Oreca - + 1lap
3. Vertigo Race Car - + 3laps
4. Corvette C5R - + 3laps
5. CLK Touring Car - + 5laps
6. GT40 Race Car - + 5laps

Average Lap Including Pit: 1'21.190
Average Lap Without 18sec Pit: 1'19.790
Fastest Lap: 16.389

Won 300,000 CR and a Altezza LM Car

This might be a good race if its run with a car than can get lap times around the vipers and run the same pit stratagie as him aswell. Any one got any suggestions?

HI zer0h :
:D GREAT WRITE-UP !!! 👍 Glad to see another fan of "Close Racing." A win by only one lap after a 2hr race can hardly be considered a "Blow Out" although I understand you were looking for something a little tighter. The ride you chose is arguably the "Best Handling FR" car in the game. Try this race again w/something like the Altezza LM car you won. You now have an excellent idea of what times the others will run, just tune the Altezza to match...UB57
:D

I was thinking about that but it has an extra 100 hp compared to the denso, so maybe something with a bit less hp would be nice. I was going to try the nissan c-west silvia but i dont have it and i couldnt be bothered going to win it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi zer0h :
:D WOW, you're right!!! I'd forgotten how much HP the "Fantasy" LeMans cars come with. Other cars to consider:
Opel Astra / similar HP but inferior handling to the Celica & easy to win.
Autobacs MR2
Razo Silvia you mentioned.
Tickford Falcon / similar HP but inferior handling to the Celica & easy to win.
Or EVEN BETTER run it in a "Road Car."...UB57

Tickford sounds like a good challenge :) thanks UB57 i might try that soon.

Also have you completed monaco or ss11 enurance races ? If so what car did you finish them in, becuase i tryed both of them in the denso and im up against competition like GT One and R390 which are a bit fast for me.

Originally posted by zer0h
Tickford sounds like a good challenge :) thanks UB57 i might try that soon.

Also have you completed monaco or ss11 enurance races ? If so what car did you finish them in, because i tryed both of them in the denso and im up against competition like GT One and R390 which are a bit fast for me.

:D In my "Road Car Only" attempt I probably used my GT1 Road Car to win both of those races. Unfortunately I didn't document which cars I used for which races. I tried all the races w/"REAL" road cars first & only resorted to the GT1 Road & R390 Road when absolutely necessary. If you like the FR chassis layout the Viper Concept is a Great "Road Car" to use...UB57

Back