Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
“although the recent return of the RUF brand may mean it’s a BTR2”

Ummm.. no. The BTR2’s wing is smaller than the one in the silhouette.

View attachment 873273 View attachment 873272
You could option the GT2 wing if you wanted. There's even a 964-generation Ruf RCT floating around with one on.

It depends on what car PD had available to model. Rufs are rarely identical, and if the car available was a BTR2 with the GT2 rear wing (and there's so many copies of that rear wing available too), it'll be a BTR2 with a GT2 rear wing. I think it's more likely to be a 993 GT2, but we can't rule it out easily.

I genuinely want to know what Police cars have to do with esports?

Nothing, but it fits the motto of PD offering olive branches to every single sub community after focusing so singularly on eSports and online play and leaving everyone else to fend for themselves.

Plus, Slightly Mad Studios was able to get all of the GT3 cars that are in Blancpain for Project Cars 2 so it's not that.

And considering that we are dealing with a studio that is by all intents and purposes, the most powerful and wealthy Japanese first party studio in the Sony stable, such cries about licensing really ring false.

I am delighted to see the Ford GT 2017 arrive finally. That is a very cool machine which is long overdue. The Porsche 911 (993) GT2 should be some old school fun too. I'll throw the others around for a bit but then I'll be off to the Supra GT4 (Nordschleife Livery) as I am still about the race cars.

The safety cars are a strange choice but this is PD and that's what they do.

Last edited:
I'm honestly quite surprised the Ford GT isn't getting more attention, due to how requested it was in update threads.
More than likely if the GT does make an appearance in the game it will be be of the street car version not the the GR3 racing version. The racing version is what is desired by most not another street car that really has little purpose in the racing aspect of the game.

Yea, it would have been nice to get the Ford GT GTE car because then we'd have a proper car list for an IMSA GTE class. The Aston Martin, BMW, Corvette and Ferrari are GT3/Gr.3 cars but the Porsche in-game is a GTE car model.

Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ Safety Car (Gr. X)

Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ '18 (N600)
As much as I would love the E 63 S, it’s the Crown.
1F19C1E5-E6B3-4DC1-AB3B-D72A56206BCC.jpeg

78E8B740-9278-4256-9F1C-687DD1410BE1.jpeg

FF7217C6-43B6-4C60-940A-20B7411CC9D9.jpeg

not another street car that really has little purpose in the racing aspect of the game.
They would be better if the brakes actually worked on them. The supercars are relatively useless, since PD insist on pointing out to you that they don't brake like race cars.

Of course they don't - But if the brakes were as bad as modeled, there would be many more dead billionaires.

Aw sweet, we're back to 8 cars baby! Though I'm guessing just for the Christmas update, I do wish for PD to pick it up though.
ELwE1CsU0AECIOw.jpg

First row, left - 2017 Ford GT, I really can't think of anything else it could be except maybe the GT LM, but that would mean the wing is hidden.
First row, right - Mark 1 VW Golf GTI, returning in the series as a premium car. If I'm right, then I have to say it's about time PD added back a Golf.
Middle row, left - It looks like a Mercedes-Benz safety car, I'm guessing an E-class.
Middle row, middle - Well, that's really annoying; Renault Megane safety car. WHY?! Because PD. I hate it, I wished they added a new Megane RS instead. or some other Renault that would've been more interesting than this.
Middle row, right - It's a Dodge Charger police car. I want to say pace car, but the guard on the front coupled with the lights on the windshield tell me otherwise. Though, one thing that has me curious about it is the air scoop on the hood, no Charger police car has that.
Bottom left - Porsche 911 GT2 (993). Sweet, we're finally getting a 993!
Bottom Right - Another Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

Honestly the middle 3 cars are meant for the new season.
I could understand if it was only 1 but overall i can't think anything else.

Mind you, this is not a case of adding a small Copen or Midget etc, it is not even a concept or VGT but pace/cop cars lol.
Still i like the other 4 cars!

I love those weird additions by PD :D

Happy about the new road cars, as these were always what made Gran Turismo for me :)

But i understand the people asking for race cars. Maybe for the new season more will come?
The Mazda Gr. 3 car is confirmed atleast.

EDK
They would be better if the brakes actually worked on them. The supercars are relatively useless, since PD insist on pointing out to you that they don't brake like race cars.

Of course they don't - But if the brakes were as bad as modeled, there would be many more dead billionaires.

That's another hilarious thing. What N600 or above vehicle actually feels good to drive? Because as you mentioned, most of the supercars are useless because you have absolutely no braking power whatsoever.

Maybe they’re adding some sort of city track with cop lobby inspired features, like traffic lights, stop signs, parking, police station etc. Well... maybe that’s too much lol I also remember Kaz saying in an interview once that he wanted to add more interesting cars to GT Sport like Police Cars, Ambulances, Fire Trucks, etc.

Maybe they’re adding some sort of city track with cop lobby inspired features, like traffic lights, stop signs, parking, police station etc. Well... maybe that’s too much lol I also remember Kaz saying in an interview once that he wanted to add more interesting cars to GT Sport like Police Cars, Ambulances, Fire Trucks, etc.

Suddenly the mythical C-Spec open world mode with the combined Special Stage Routes becomes reality.

The game's called GT SPORT, not GT RACE CARS. I don't get the complaining about PD's not adding race cars, I couldn't care less about them. If you were an old school GT player, you wouldn't care about this eSports ********. Another great update.

EDK

Bad news for you - the brakes in real life are exactly that bad. This was originally written in response to a post complaining how the LaFerrari goes straight through the first chicane at Monza when braking at the 200m mark. The reason is simple, it should.

In reality, 200 metres sounds like a very short distance. Braking distance is proportional to speed squared so if we assume that the car does 100 to 0 km/h in 30 metres (which is quite spot on, actually) it'll need 120 metres for 200 to 0 and (3x3 x 30) 270 metres for 300 to 0 km/h. Leaving the last 100 km/h out of the calculation, meaning that you'd turn into the corner at 100 km/h which you definitely won't do at Monza, would still mean a braking distance of 240 metres when braking from 300 km/h. Now, I haven't tried how much speed the car can gather on the front straight but I'd assume that it's more than 300 km/h - from 330 km/h, for example, the braking distance would already be nearly 300 metres and you'd still be doing 100 km/h at the apex.

Physics. Bloody physics.

EDK

This is one of my biggest gripes with the game. For as much as these cars cost, you'd expect them to actually come with a set of properly-functioning brakes from the factory. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back