Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the evidence that the 911 is a 993 GT2 and not a 993 Carrera RS Clubsport? Without seeing the wheel flares or wing-based air intakes, I couldn't tell the difference.
Why will they add cop cars in an esport game? :confused:
For fancy pre-race parades?
8064-photo-087-1543340818.jpg

Or the people that use them in racing leagues.
Yeah I thought of that a few minutes after posting... Shame there’s no feature to ‘assign’ someone as the safety car so it doesn’t for example trigger the blue flags on track and gives the person something like “SC” instead of a racing number by their name that floats over the car...

Finally the new Ford GT is coming to GT Sport! And a new Porsche is always welcome, although, to be honest, IMO models like the 959, Carrera GT or the 918 should have a higher priority than the 993 GT 2... and about the Pace/Police Cars, what can I say? That was completely unexpected, PD being PD at its best :lol:

Anyway, hope Laguna Seca is added next week, it'd be a cool Christmas gift.

EDK
180-200 treadwear road tires, typically marketed as Extreme Performance Summer.

Examples of tires we've run.

Hankook Ventus RS3
Dunlop Durezza Star Spec V2
BFG gforce Rival
Fallen Azenis

They behave about like comfort soft in terms of lateral grip, sports hard are grippier and capable of faster times than real life.
Interesting, thank you :)

Reactions: EDK
I'm sure it is but that's no excuse to add cop in a game that was advertised to be a esport though.

GTS is not only a esport game, advertising always lies (in every product).

And cop cars are not a waste of time, they are cars already in the game or in N version in the new update, it's a duplicate with lights, so not a waste of time instead making another car.

It's been made for fun.

I doubt this will happen in GTS, but a pace car feature for races would be pretty cool.

I hope not !!! Real tedious things of real life racing are tedious things in games and simulators.

Last edited by a moderator:
All these lights mean these cars will be in Gr.X class...
BUT vroooooom vroooooooom, GTI cube coming :dopey:

Concerning the Porsche/RUF, it's the Porsche one. The RUF BTR2 is different front spoiler, Porsche is a classic spoiler (same as the picture), RUF front spoiler is a "2 parts" one (not the case here).

Last edited:
Police cars mad! :eek:

I wonder if the Ford GT will be set to permanent sport/track mode. It would be funny to see it clunk down like it does in real life. And imagine racing someone who has forgot to do it before a race. :lol:

Santa San is providing gifts for all.

But but but but but new cars!!! Where's muh Ford GT??!! Lazy PD and their priorities will never add them!!!

Ford GT coming for Christmas.

But but but but but but where's the new race cars!!!!?? Priorities from lazy PD!!!!! We know the Mazda is coming.

Is it the only one? Highly doubt it.

My predictions of the cars:

Ford GT '17 (N700)
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76 (N100)
Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Sedan Safety Car (Gr. X)
Renault Sport Megane Trophy Safety Car (Gr. X)
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car (Gr. X)
Porsche 911 GT2 (993) '95 (N400)
Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Sedan '16 (N500)

I can bet you that it's a Mercedes. If it's not I will change my avatar to Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy.
I believe it is the E63 as well. Remember the E63 that never came?
https://www.gtplanet.net/mercedes-amg-gran-turismo-6/
Look at the car angle and headlights from the video image in the GT6 article. I would love the Crown as well but, it looks like the E63. However, another Toyota road car definitely seems like what PD are doing.

Well, Kaz, almost... you're so close to bringing my favorite race car...
D0p47FxVYAALn7s.jpg

With these additions, hopefully the pace cars will finally be put to some kind of real world use at least soon. I can see them being cycled through based on the track's country of origin e.g. Crown/GT-R on Japanese tracks, Megane/M4/AMG GT on European tracks, Charger on American tracks.

Different content? VERBOTEN.

....but really" this has been some calm collected discussion about a game update.

Now I didn't say everyone likes or would like the different content because you know that's never going to happen not on here. :lol:

I probably won't use any of the pace/cop cars in this update other than creating livery's for them but I know there are many of players out there that will.
That's a great thing IMO because having a well diverse car roster insures that GT will live on for many of years when you give something for everyone to enjoy.

Hopefully they are actual police models and not just the versions already in the game with a lightbar. That Charger does look like a Hellcat though unfortunately.

Finally the new Ford GT is coming to GT Sport! And a new Porsche is always welcome, although, to be honest, IMO models like the 959, Carrera GT or the 918 should have a higher priority than the 993 GT 2... and about the Pace/Police Cars, what can I say? That was completely unexpected, PD being PD at its best :lol:

Anyway, hope Laguna Seca is added next week, it'd be a cool Christmas gift.

As the newest Ford GT will come next week after having had several updates including older GT40s, I guess PD is picking carefully any popular cars from each brands and models for its updates so we can get hyped moderately at every updates while having less popular cars still appreciated by themselves and certain people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back