Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the “police cars” are safety cars similar to the ones we can get through the mileage exchange? That would be a bit better than police cars and for me keep GT Sport a serious “sport” racing game/sim.

Up until September, all updates were mostly returning premiums, few new and standard cars. However, October and this update really are wierd. No returning premiums, mostly new cars to series. It seems that PD is concentrating on adding more new ones, but because they are hard to make, updates contain up to 5 cars.

If it is the Crown, will it be a hybrid?
2018-Toyota-Crown-RS.jpg

Happy with any new content lots of strong opinions about these cars, why look a gift horse in the mouth? Give them a try first its surprising which cars become addictive to use. I have a penchant for high powered light vehicles with short stopping distances each to their own innit, but at least have an open mind you might be sleeping on a good ride... I must admit there are over a hundred cars I have yet to try myself, just cant resist the P4's torque and engine squeel... Point is that next love affair could be in this update...

Beyond the cars (and likely additional track), I'm just as curious in seeing what sort of miscellaneous changes and content could be coming. Stuff like QoL changes, potential expansion of the Sport Mode Time Trials, the HRE wheels - stuff like that. I'd say it's even more fun anticipating that, versus the car/track additions, since they feel comparatively harder to predict. Not that I ever would've seen these next cars coming, either, nor last month's RUF.

I mean, I feel like there's a lot of potential for GTS, including the addition of more race cars as some may've mentioned already, but I can't help but to think that a lot of things could be getting saved for GTS' successor in the next GT game. Stuff like a class for vintage prototypes, or the idea of making more automakers have more cars in each group. Ideally, I'd love to eventually see the Manufacturers' Series include more than just Gr.4 and Gr.3 races, and more specific selections of cars within a class, including the N-Series. Something more overall than just going between the following: all cars in a class being eligible, one-makes, or the very rare event for FF Gr.4 cars.

I get that trying to balance all the cars in a given N-Series class is a fool's errand, but what'd be wrong with having something like an N100 race that specifically only permits the kei cars?

I did have a hypothesis: maybe there aren't many race cars being added due to how the Sport Mode events are created. I already had the idea they were largely automated, and this could explain why it feels like there's not much variance in the general rules for the races, including variance in which cars are permitted. Perhaps the way the Sport Mode events were designed wasn't a factor when they added stuff like various Gr.1 and Gr.3 cars, as well as Gr.2 as a whole, but it could be that they're now using a more automated method to free up staff as they work on the next GT game, and as a result, this current method somehow doesn't accommodate the further addition of various racecars, at least other than those that may get added to Gr.X.

Last edited:
So... im gonna ask this thread a very simple question regarding the cop cars:

Did PD officially jump the shark by adding them?

Nah, this is a series that has had a car designed by a shoe company, Jay Leno's "tank car", and cube cars.

The new Ford GT it's Surpise, i want laguna seca, one car of race no stay bad.

Wonder if PD will switch things up like they did the Mini.
Rather than this GTI
DB2004AU01074_x750.jpg

We get this
mk1_golf_pirelli_2048x2048.jpg
The Golf stayed for Gti, no being the simply golf, for patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very frustrating update. Those cars are awful.

I like the Porsche. That's it.

Why wouldn't they model the Ford GT race car while they were doing the road car? Makes no sense.

No mention of Laguna Seca either?

I guess I really should stop hoping to ever drive the Bentley continental Gt3 or the current Aston, maclaren, Audi or Porsche GT3 in GTSport
Nope. This is a racing game that’s does not add racing cars

I have officially had it with PD. They shy away from adding racing cars update after update. Instead we get pointless road cars and cars that have no right being in a racing game. I honestly think there staff now has no one on it from the first 4 Gran Turismo’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very frustrating update. Those cars are awful.

I like the Porsche. That's it.

Why wouldn't they model the Ford GT race car while they were doing the road car? Makes no sense.

There has not once ever been a mention of track when the silhouette is posted. Why would this be any different?

...and people ask me why I resort to listening to Lil Yatchy as therapy.

Want a Sprite with that therapy session?

Why are you complaining about the complaints of complainers who complain just to complain their complaints? :irked:

Don't you just love madness?

When has a track ever been mentioned in a tweet with the car silhouettes?

I have officially had it with PD. They shy away from adding racing cars update after update. Instead we get pointless road cars and cars that have no right being in a racing game. I honestly think there staff now has no one on it from the first 4 Gran Turismo’s.

Soooooo, what exactly happened to your last claim about you "quitting"? So were you not actually "done" before?

The St.Croix track is iirc the only track that got ‘teased’ bit by bit before it was revealed... I hope PD will do something similar again in the future, because trying to figure out which track it is, its location etc, speculating and examining tiny details in teaser pictures was quite fun :)

Goodwood was teased in a way similar to car silhouettes. Definitely an exception, and worth mentioning it was an update without cars.
iirc Goodwood was leaked, not teased..

Nope. This is a racing game that’s does not add racing cars

Gran turismo 4 had the mercedes benz motorpatent wagen in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back