Laguna Seca Enduro (The turning point)

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 2 comments

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
Yesterday I tried did the Laguna Seca Enuro with my Stock 787B on T4s (I think - Medium Hard)

The Race:
Started off well moving up to 3rd behind the vette race car and Team Oreca but totally misjuged the first corner (I hadn't raced on Laguna Seca for a while). This dropped me back to last. I was back up to third by the end of the lap however and started having quite a good battle with the vette. Over the next couple of laps we swapped places regularly as I tried to get used to the track again. After around 8 or 9 laps the vette pitted in so I had a clear track ahead of me at last (Oreca was about 25 secs in front) so I started trying to reel him in. About mid way through the race I had finally caught up with him just after lapping the vette for the first time but had to pit in straight away. A few laps later I was back with him and passed him. Woohoo. Oreca pits in on the next lap but I spin out soon after (time for me to pit meethinks!!) So i pit and to my horror Oreca flies past just as the new tyres are put on. Well off we go again.

The turning point:
I catch up to Oreca with about 12 laps to go and decide to be a bit cheeky and use the "ramming into the car infront" braking techinque on the last righthander before the pits. We both slide on to the gravel but with me on the inside so I pull back on to the track in front of him. Once im on the straight i look behind and he is not there, he must have gone in to the pits, making my last manouvre a bit pointless but oh well. When I come round to the same point again to my suprise I see Team Oreca stuck on the Tyre wall at the entrance to the pits. Woohoo I've laped him. I go round again and he is still there. The third time I have to pit so I decide to help him out. I'm two laps ahed of the vette so I have time to slow down and nudge him off the wall. We both drive into the pits together but I have a smug grin on my face. A few laps later I take the chequered flag. An easy race (If you get a bit of help from the wall!!!!!!).

Edit: MY FIRST THREAD/WRITEUP
not great but I hope you like it.

Not bad, good description of the action! Welcome to the Writeup Crew.

I like to see some detail like lap times and pit schedule, just to use for reference, but not everybody takes those kind of notes. A good read... but next time don't play dirty!
;)
Cheers!

Cheers for the advice. Errr... Let me think. Pitted around every 10-14 Laps. On my faster laps T2's were around 52.xxx. I do have my best lap somewhere. I think it was 1'23.292 but i could be wrong.

Edit: I was wrong 1'15.191 was my best lap. Not bad

Back