Status
Not open for further replies.

Parnelli Bone

www.gtcarreviews.com
Premium
United States
Columbia, MD.
Parnelli_Bones
Okay, racing fans, here's my second endurance race in GT4: the Laguna Seca 200 Miles! In GT2 and GT3, all the cars in this race were full-racing machines with sponsorship and downforce, and personally i'm glad in GT4 they've now just included road cars. đź‘Ť I'd rather have a bit of the sliding and skittishness road-cars provide so i applaud PD here.

In the past, the Ai was made up of solely JGTC machines in GT2. In GT3, Polyphony Digital added American cars like the Oreca Viper and Corvette C5R and Europeans like the Mercedes DTM. But now, all the cars (with the exception of the Korean Protomotors Spirra 4.6) are now American steel, which in my opinion kinda sucks that there isn't more variety, but American cars on an American track seem more appropriate at least than just JGTC's for instance.

My driver? Again, Dirk "Meth Hed" Bryant. A bit of history now. :) He's been one of my longest-term drivers in GT; actually he's been with me since GT1 (yes, i have other drivers :guilty:). Dirk grew up in Daytona, Florida and moved to Bakersfield, California when he was old enough to drive. As a kid, he was highly interested in NASCAR drivers and his father was actually a funny-car driver in the NHRA. He therefore never finished High School. He's the sort of fellow you sometimes see on the TV show COPS! You know....they bust into a trailer-park, and he's the sort who never seems shocked in the least to see an entire TV crew along as he's carted off to jail.

After moving to Bakersfield, he originally wanted to join a pit crew, but got sidetracked into heavy drugs *insert dramatic music here*. By the time he was 20, his black 1988 Nissan 240 SX had been confiscated by law after his meth lab blew up. :scared: After spending some time in jail, Dirk vowed to get back to his original goal: racing! He married his introverted mouse of a girlfriend Sara, and was one of the first to enter an all-new racing league simply called the Gran Turismo or GT.

GT was started by a rich multi-millionaire, mafia dude named Ignatius Malachai Rychasheet (I.M. Rychasheet) :sly:. The goal of GT: a forum of race-series that would allow ordinary real-life drivers who had little background in actual racing a chance to shine on a series of tracks. Each race would typically feature just a few cars (a maximum of 6) therefore sponsorship money could easily be paid out to the drivers & crew and I.M. would make mad profits! :ouch: Some tracks (like a small SCCA venue in western Pennsylvania called Autumn Ring) were bought by IM Rychasheet. Other races would be leased and scheduled on actual city streets closed off during the night (like a confusing area of exits and bypasses that lead to and from Route 5 in Vancouver, BC).

Dirk "Meth Hed" Bryant was one of the very first drivers to enter the GT league, he was able to buy his black 1988 Nissan 240 SX (aka Silvia Q's) that the police confiscated a year earlier, and quickly rose to being a millionaire 4x over before his GT1 contract was finished. đź‘Ť As he drove a Dodge Viper GTS in the prestigious GT Cup races he felt his true calling--almost a religious experience. Eventually, Dirk would equate the "rush" he felt during racing to a direct communication with the man upstairs himself, and became a televangelist at a local Cable TV network when he wasn't racing. yeah, his show kinda sucked! :lol: I mean, a combination religious/car show? :eek:

During this time, it was discovered by an investigative reporter at Hard Sloppy as Dirk's star was rising that he was a former methamphetimine addict; hence, his fans started calling him "Meth Hed" even tho it had been well over a year since he touched the stuff. :boggled: Anyways, enough history....let's get to the race!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laguna Seca 200 Miles!

Dirk is a bit of a stereotype so far as cars go. He's one for hte maxum: "no replacement for displacement" and tends to go mostly for American cars...the bigger the engine, the better. So for this race, a desert gold 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 caught his eye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
Getting Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back