Lamborghini Reveals Lambo V12 Vision GT, Coming to GT Sport in Spring 2020

Would be nice if this is a Gr.1 ride. All manufacturers should have GR.1 cars for FIA. Would really throw a spanner in many a players' Manu choices.

Anyway, here's hoping it arrives next week.

Agreed, I had ideas as to what cars could appear in Gr.1, too, even for manufacturers that already have one. For example, I think it'd be neat if the Countach QVX was another potential Gr.1 car for Lamborghini. Chevrolet could have the Corvette C7-based DPi. Even dead brands could have Gr.1 cars, like how Pontiac had a Daytona Prototype. It'd be even better if other automakers could have more Gr.3, Gr.4, and Gr.B cars, given what we know is part of the class so far. Bugatti could get an EB110 GT1 for Gr.3, and Maserati could have both the MC12 GT1 and the GranTurismo GT3, as well as the GranTurismo GT4 for Gr.4.

However, I think there'd be even more options if the LMDh class becomes a thing, especially with rumors that Lexus and McLaren would be interested in that class.

I think as it stands, the current class system has a lot of potential for further development, and especially if they have events that limit what cars can be entered, like a Gr.1 event just for Group C racers. But ideally, as many automakers as possible would have a car in Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, and even Gr.B. Maybe even more classes could be made, like a Gr.C for older, pre-Group B rally cars like the Lancia Stratos or the Alpine A110.

There should be a Group 1 Historic category for the old Group C cars and other prototypes that aren't up to modern performance standards. Cars from 1980 - 1999 would be eligible, so a Porsche 956 can race against a Peugeot 905. A modern Group 1 class would have cars from 2000 - 2020, so an Audi R8 can race against a Toyota TS050. Separating the cars into 2 categories would make the races more even in my opinion.

I'm even more fussy than that.

I would put the 2000-2010 era LMP cars into their own category. Why? Do people not remember GT5/6?

The Peugeot 908, the original non hybrid Audi R8, the legendary Peugeot 905, the Bentleys and the Pescarolos, maybe even the Cadillacs, Panoz and Acura ARX?

So to me, the classic Gr.C cars are very seperate from the era that followed it but arent yet hybrid.

Problem is that GT5/6 was so strong on this class or I wouldnt even care otherwise.

1980 - 1993: Group C Category (962 C, 787B, 905B, SE 048SP, Sauber C9, R92CP, etc)

1994 - 1998: GT1 Category (911 GT1, CLK LM, R390 GT1, Esperante GTR-1, F50 GT1, F1 GTR, etc)

1995 - 1999, 2000 - 2004, 2005 - 2010: GT2/GT/GT1 Category (DBR9 GT1, MC12 GT1, S7R, 575 GTC, Viper GTS-R, Corvette C6.R, etc)

1999 - 2011: LMP900/LMPGT/Non-Hybrid LMP1 Category (Speed 8, V12 LMR, GT-ONE, 908, R10, Courage C60, etc)

2012 - 2020: LMP1 Category (TS030, 919, TS050, R18 Hybrid, GTR LM, TS040, etc)

VGT Category (LM55 Gr.1, Tomahawk Gr.1, McLaren VGT Gr.1, Bugatti VGT Gr.1, N 2025 Gr.1, Audi VGT etc)

Last edited:
1980 - 1993 Group C Category (962 C, 787B, 905B, SE 048SP, Sauber C9, R92CP, etc)

1994 - 1998 GT1 Category (911 GT1, CLK LM, R390 GT1, Esperante GTR-1, F50 GT1, F1 GTR, etc)

1999 - 2010 GT1/2 Category (DBR9 GT1, MC12 GT1, S7R, 575 GTC, Viper GTS-R, Corvette C6.R, etc)

1999 - 2011 LMP900/LMPGT/Non-Hybrid LMP Category (Speed 8, V12 LMR, GT-ONE, 908, R10, Courage C60, etc)

2012 - 2020 LMP1 Category (TS020, 919, TS050, R18 Hybrid, GTR LM, TS040, etc)

VGT Category (LM55, Tomahawk Gr.1, McLaren VGT, Bugatti VGT Gr.1, N 2025, Audi VGT etc)
Alternatively, BoP all the prototype classes as now. But give us filters for custom and online racing. I’d replay the GR.1 GT League events right now if I could just select Group C opposition.

As for the Lamborghini VGT. I’m looking forward to driving a combustion engined car. I have lots of respect for EV cars. But in game form it’s difficult to translate that experience in an exciting manner.

Maybe it will intake something like Formula E to get people fully on board.

Alternatively, BoP all the prototype classes as now. But give us filters for custom and online racing. I’d replay the GR.1 GT League events right now if I could just select Group C opposition.

As for the Lamborghini VGT. I’m looking forward to driving a combustion engined car. I have lots of respect for EV cars. But in game form it’s difficult to translate that experience in an exciting manner.

Maybe it will intake something like Formula E to get people fully on board.
I believe that would be the case. Similar to Super Formula.
Many didn't know about that series until GTS. FE can gain more interest, if when it comes to Gran Turismo.

Surprised Porsche haven't ramped up interest with the Taycan. Perfect time to create a race series in this game.

Surprised Porsche haven't ramped up interest with the Taycan. Perfect time to create a race series in this game.

I feel like both PD and the manufacturers put these cars in and there's a lot of buzz at the start and then there's nothing.

Remember how Jaguar dropped in their new VGT and then there was... nothing.

Same with the Audi last year.

This is the way it is with these companies. They want to "be in the game" but other than that... there's nothing else.

This will be the same when Toyota drop in their new WEC Hypercar.

I feel like both PD and the manufacturers put these cars in and there's a lot of buzz at the start and then there's nothing.

Remember how Jaguar dropped in their new VGT and then there was... nothing.

Same with the Audi last year.

This is the way it is with these companies. They want to "be in the game" but other than that... there's nothing else.

This will be the same when Toyota drop in their new WEC Hypercar.
Toyota(okay, Gazoo Racing) is different. They've been way more active.

20201230_143929.jpg
They're still using the GTS tag after all these months, I'm curious why

View attachment 981695 They're still using the GTS tag after all these months, I'm curious why
Best bet is because they still want to advertise GTS as it's the game they currently have available. We can hope they're coming to Sport but there's precedent of VGTs announced during a game's lifecycle eventually being released on the next one (Bugatti and Hyundai, as well as all the VGTs not released on 6 if you think about it). Although the wording of the tweet definitely implies it's going to be in Sport.

Back