Latest Rumors Suggest Microsoft Will Announce Two New Xbox Consoles E3 2019

Even 4+ Teraflops is far fetched, let alone 12, that has to be an error.

Edit, I didn't realize the Xbox One X already has 6 teraflops speed, I guess it is doable.

Doing some quick math and using both the Vega 56 and 64 as a base (I suppose I can use the Radeon VII too, now that I think of it)

These are some clock speeds and SPU counts I'm just throwing out there for the hell of it:

Anaconda

Core clock: 1.5 GHz
SPU: 4,096 (full fat Vega 64 here)
Peak perf: 12.3 TFLOPs

Lockhart

Core clock: 1.1 GHz
SPU: 2,048
Peak perf: 4.5 TFLOPs

Even 4+ Teraflops is far fetched, let alone 12, that has to be an error.

Edit, I didn't realize the Xbox One X already has 6 teraflops speed, I guess it is doable.

In what way? I just pulled numbers out of my bum to prove it's anything but far-fetched.

Besides, as far as performance goes, it means nothing at the end of the day outside of a theoretical statistic. Unless the system is under 100% load, 100% of the time...yeah, it means nothing in normal compute operations. :P

Doing some quick math and using both the Vega 56 and 64 as a base (I suppose I can use the Radeon VII too, now that I think of it)

These are some clock speeds and SPU counts I'm just throwing out there for the hell of it:

Anaconda

Core clock: 1.5 GHz
SPU: 4,096 (full fat Vega 64 here)
Peak perf: 12.3 TFLOPs

Lockhart

Core clock: 1.1 GHz
SPU: 2.048
Peak perf: 4.5 TFLOPs

In what way? I just pulled numbers out of my bum to prove it's anything but far-fetched.

Besides, as far as performance goes, it means nothing at the end of the day outside of a theoretical statistic. Unless the system is under 100% load, 100% of the time...yeah, it means nothing in normal compute operations. :P

Very true, at first I interpreted the peak performance as the core speed and thought, no way that's going to happen. It's a little misleading until you figure out they are talking about peak performance not core speed, then went back to edit my post.

MS has nothing to lose at this point, XOne is not selling at all, it's been stuck at the same 35 million mark for the last 3 years or so. But really all eyes are on Sony and as Ken Kutaragi said once "Next gen starts when we say so", Spencer is obviously sweating under the collar and will do anything to push Xbox including putting their games on the Switch, hell if they could he would put their games on PS4 as well. Overall it smells like desperation at this point. 6 years of owning an XOne and there's barely any exclusives worth noting aside from Ori and Cuphead. Some average Halo and Gears from artificial studios, some copypaste Forza games, some awful cringy tryhard games like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. This generation was completely wasted by MS.

I have Both consoles(XBONE and PS4), and with backwards capability and the fact all games you buy on the MS store go on your PC as well makes the Xbox a better buy then the Playstation, I think the always online thing scared off people at the start of this generation and ruined the long game for them but they have a good chance clawing back at it this gen.

I have Both consoles(XBONE and PS4), and with backwards capability and the fact all games you buy on the MS store go on your PC as well makes the Xbox a better buy then the Playstation, I think the always online thing scared off people at the start of this generation and ruined the long game for them but they have a good chance clawing back at it this gen.
Along with the kinect which made it so expensive compared to the PS4.Tbh i think the next gen will be decided on who has the better launch exclusives

To be honest MS could pump out an Xbox 10 times the specs, but until MS implements VR - either their own or they make the Xbox compatible with Occulus and/or Vive then there's no way I'd consider the Xbox as a viable gaming machine.

To be honest MS could pump out an Xbox 10 times the specs, but until MS implements VR - either their own or they make the Xbox compatible with Occulus and/or Vive then there's no way I'd consider the Xbox as a viable gaming machine.

Have you seen HoloLens? To this day, I maintain the opinion that (though previously I simply said VR in general) was Microsoft's aim from the beginning with Kinect. Thanks to its presentation and some (a great deal of) people overreacting despite devices *in their pockets* doing as much, if not more than the way MS originally presented the X1...it all went *poof.*

with backwards capability and the fact all games you buy on the MS store go on your PC as well makes the Xbox a better buy then the Playstation

Kind of telling that (according to your post) the two key selling points of an Xbox One are:

1. You can play games from a different platform on it, and
2. Any games you buy can be played on a different platform.

I had (still have, come to think of it) an Ouya, I used it as a Mega Drive emulator and a game streaming client... Pretty much the same use case!

I don't really have a horse in this race - I only bought a PS4 for Horizon: Zero Dawn and Spider-Man (and maybe RDR2 if it doesn't get a PC release, maybe) - but I'm all for more competition. It will mean I'll need to buy a new graphics card soon though, I suppose.

Kind of telling that (according to your post) the two key selling points of an Xbox One are:

1. You can play games from a different platform on it, and
2. Any games you buy can be played on a different platform.

I had (still have, come to think of it) an Ouya, I used it as a Mega Drive emulator and a game streaming client... Pretty much the same use case!

I don't really have a horse in this race - I only bought a PS4 for Horizon: Zero Dawn and Spider-Man (and maybe RDR2 if it doesn't get a PC release, maybe) - but I'm all for more competition. It will mean I'll need to buy a new graphics card soon though, I suppose.
Basically, I bought RDR2 on MS Store so I'll get it on PC when it's out automatically, My PC is good enough to play games better then my Xbox, but it's a laptop and is a pain to have it connected to the TV as I use my Xbox for Netflix.

Not that I don't game on My PC from time to time which is useful with the free MS games from Xbox thing if I want to play on higher Spec or play with mods etc(Like on GTA for example).

I would Still get the new Playstation for exclusives(mainly GT) but Xbox will be my priority next gen.

lol 1TB NVME SSD. Do people that made these specs up actually know how much that will cost? Besides, 1TB of storage will be nowhere near enough for next gen 4k games that will most likely easily surpass 100GB each.

Have you seen HoloLens? To this day, I maintain the opinion that (though previously I simply said VR in general) was Microsoft's aim from the beginning with Kinect. Thanks to its presentation and some (a great deal of) people overreacting despite devices *in their pockets* doing as much, if not more than the way MS originally presented the X1...it all went *poof.*

Remember the old leak of Fortaleza ;-)
msroadmap_fortaleza630px.jpg

Sony had a few more exclusives but none of them interested me. That's just not a big selling point anymore unless you are Nintendo. There's barely any exclusives now days, it's not near what it used to be, I bet there will be even less exclusives in the next generation, just look at the way it's trending. Games are so expensive to make now that in order to see a decent return you have to release them on multiple platforms.

I bought a Xbox to play Forza games when it comes right down to it. Other than that, the best games on either platform are multi-platform games. But now that Microsoft is releasing it's first party titles on PC, I'm seeing even less of a need to buy another console. I might just get a new PC, keep the Switch and the old Xbox and call it a day. The concept of consoles in my opinion are dying, it's just a matter of time before we all have steam box that can play PC, MS, Sony and Nintendo titles. They are too expensive to make, the return of investment is terrible, and exclusive games used to be the thing that made up for it, but with those dwindling....

Edit,

To illustrate this point further:

# PS3 exclusive titles: 192
# of PS4 exclusive titles: 78

And that number is actually less now that games like MLB the Show have since released on Xbox One.

Looking over Xbox 360 Vs Xbox one, it's more of the same, far less exclusives than the previous generation. I didn't research Nintendo but it might be the only one to buck the trend being that the WiiU didn't sell well.

Last edited:
Considering Microsoft's strange naming policy for Xbox, I think the new consoles will be called Xbox McDonald's and Xbox Burger King.

Looking forward to seeing what Microsoft has to offer with these two consoles at E3. But the one thing I'm not looking forward to are the prices. But we'll see.

Could not care less about Playstation 5 though, unless it ACTUALLY has games for me to look forward. I don't think Gran Turismo will be able to convince me this time around after GTS (unless PD makes a GT I'm willing to purchase, like adding new/useful features, cars and tracks, but I'm not betting on it).

Sony had a few more exclusives but none of them interested me. That's just not a big selling point anymore unless you are Nintendo. There's barely any exclusives now days, it's not near what it used to be, I bet there will be even less exclusives in the next generation, just look at the way it's trending. Games are so expensive to make now that in order to see a decent return you have to release them on multiple platforms.

I bought a Xbox to play Forza games when it comes right down to it. Other than that, the best games on either platform are multi-platform games. But now that Microsoft is releasing it's first party titles on PC, I'm seeing even less of a need to buy another console. I might just get a new PC, keep the Switch and the old Xbox and call it a day. The concept of consoles in my opinion are dying, it's just a matter of time before we all have steam box that can play PC, MS, Sony and Nintendo titles. They are too expensive to make, the return of investment is terrible, and exclusive games used to be the thing that made up for it, but with those dwindling....

Edit,

And that number is actually less now that games like MLB the Show have since released on Xbox One.

Looking over Xbox 360 Vs Xbox one, it's more of the same, far less exclusives than the previous generation. I didn't research Nintendo but it might be the only one to buck the trend being that the WiiU didn't sell well.

I'm not really looking forward to the next-gen consoles either, what I really want to see is what the next-gen games will like, and that includes graphics, physics and AI. Red Dead Redemption 2 already looks like an early next-gen game to me so really can't wait to see what the next generation has to offer.

Edit,

It has more to do with games taking longer to develop, 4-5 years of dev time is pretty normal these days for anything other than copypaste sports and racing games.

Looking forward to seeing what Microsoft has to offer with these two consoles at E3. But the one thing I'm not looking forward to are the prices. But we'll see.

Could not care less about Playstation 5 though, unless it ACTUALLY has games for me to look forward. I don't think Gran Turismo will be able to convince me this time around after GTS (unless PD makes a GT I'm willing to purchase, like adding new/useful features, cars and tracks, but I'm not betting on it).
Well Sony's first party devs have knocked it out of the park on PS4 so I really do look forward to seeing what we get on PS5. Consoles are all about the unmissable exclusives and I'll hold fire on PS5 until I see the games on offer - also early adoption is a bit of a mugs game generally. Exclusives are why I bought a PS4 and a Wii U and gave the Xbone a wide berth.

Well Sony's first party devs have knocked it out of the park on PS4 so I really do look forward to seeing what we get on PS5. Consoles are all about the unmissable exclusives and I'll hold fire on PS5 until I see the games on offer - also early adoption is a bit of a mugs game generally. Exclusives are why I bought a PS4 and a Wii U and gave the Xbone a wide berth.
Everyone's priorities are different. I enjoy playing racing games and would have regretted forgoing six Forza releases for DriveClub and GT Sport while waiting for years. I eventually picked up a PS4 to cover all the bases but I kind of regret it now.

One'd need a special kind of perspective to believe that Forza Horizon 4 is simply a copy/paste of FH2 btw. Both games have their strengths and weaknesses.

Well Sony's first party devs have knocked it out of the park on PS4 so I really do look forward to seeing what we get on PS5.
In other genres, sure. In racing games, not so much. I wasn't particularly excited for an esport title before I decided to try it out, and while it did was amazingly at first, I quickly realized it just wasn't a "game" for me; too hard on online competition. Driveclub was a pretty good game too, but sadly it met its fate after selling 2mill copies (which wasn't too bad, but not for Sony usual).

So yeah. Unless Sony ACTUALLY makes a racing game that is decent and fun like Driveclub for example, and NOT just about "da grapix", I'm going for the next xbox next gen.
Consoles are all about the unmissable exclusives and I'll hold fire on PS5 until I see the games on offer - also early adoption is a bit of a mugs game generally. Exclusives are why I bought a PS4 and a Wii U and gave the Xbone a wide berth.
Speaking of exclusives, the only exclusives that interest me will always be Nintendo's. I loved Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies, Smash Bros. and so much others Nintendo offered this gen.

Other than Forza (which have been my go-to racer since I made the move to Xbox), there are currently no exclusive racing games on Playstation other than Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
It has more to do with games taking longer to develop, 4-5 years of dev time is pretty normal these days for anything other than copypaste sports and racing games.

It's a number of factors really but games taking longer also means they cost more money to make, hence my point.

In regards to the mention of "copy-paste racing games" in this thread, no one is addressing the elephant in the room. If they can be churned out so quickly then why is it that the average development time on Gran Turismo title is 3.5years? That doesn't make sense and quite frankly, I think the term "copy-paste racing games" is a bit of fiction really. it implies something that is really not true.

Last edited:
If they can be churned out so quickly then why is it that the average development time on Gran Turismo title is 3.5years?
It's the only developer that didn't use outsourcing in the past, simple as that. The only thing in racing games that takes significant time to develop is car/track models, and even then it's only a problem if the game aims to have hundreds of cars. A reasonable car count of 50-100 models doesn't take much time. GTS took less time than say GT5 for a number of reasons:
1. Straightforward PS4 architecture allows faster and more efficient dev process
2. Way less features and content (3D support, triple screen support, dynamic ToD/Weather, track maker, dynamic damage, 1080p on a weak system, etc.)
3. PD started using outsourcing and the studio expanded to 250+ developers compared to 80 on GT5
4. Powerful hardware means less need to really optimize your code
One the other hand the switch to Physically Based Rendering made all lastgen content obsolete and incompatible, it needed to be rebuilt. But if they stuck with PS3 premiums the game could be finished much quicker, they decided to push for higher quality.

It's the only developer that didn't use outsourcing in the past, simple as that. The only thing in racing games that takes significant time to develop is car/track models, and even then it's only a problem if the game aims to have hundreds of cars. A reasonable car count of 50-100 models doesn't take much time. GTS took less time than say GT5 for a number of reasons:
1. Straightforward PS4 architecture allows faster and more efficient dev process
2. Way less features and content (3D support, triple screen support, dynamic ToD/Weather, track maker, dynamic damage, 1080p on a weak system, etc.)
3. PD started using outsourcing and the studio expanded to 250+ developers compared to 80 on GT5
4. Powerful hardware means less need to really optimize your code
One the other hand the switch to Physically Based Rendering made all lastgen content obsolete and incompatible, it needed to be rebuilt. But if they stuck with PS3 premiums the game could be finished much quicker, they decided to push for higher quality.
I’m really not sure what the positive to all that you posted. Sure it took 4 years instead of six, with a much larger staff force.. but it also released with a fraction amount of content compared to the game that took 6 years. So it really doesn’t seem any better, or worse, to be honest.

In other genres, sure. In racing games, not so much. I wasn't particularly excited for an esport title before I decided to try it out, and while it did was amazingly at first, I quickly realized it just wasn't a "game" for me; too hard on online competition. Driveclub was a pretty good game too, but sadly it met its fate after selling 2mill copies (which wasn't too bad, but not for Sony usual).

So yeah. Unless Sony ACTUALLY makes a racing game that is decent and fun like Driveclub for example, and NOT just about "da grapix", I'm going for the next xbox next gen.

Speaking of exclusives, the only exclusives that interest me will always be Nintendo's. I loved Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies, Smash Bros. and so much others Nintendo offered this gen.

Other than Forza (which have been my go-to racer since I made the move to Xbox), there are currently no exclusive racing games on Playstation other than Gran Turismo.
Of course PC is the leading platform for anyone serious about the racing genre. It not only has the most exclusives but also the best versions of any multi platform games like Forza or Project Cars 2.

I’m really not sure what the positive to all that you posted. Sure it took 4 years instead of six, with a much larger staff force.. but it also released with a fraction amount of content compared to the game that took 6 years. So it really doesn’t seem any better, or worse, to be honest.
I didn't say it's better or worse. PS5 going with AMD again should help in the future, but who knows, PD isn't the most efficient studio out there.

I didn't say it's better or worse. PS5 going with AMD again should help in the future, but who knows, PD isn't the most efficient studio out there.
Yeah I realize you didn’t, I was just confused as to what the point was.

Back