Lay-Z-Boy Racing (Mature Racers CDT) - Accepting New Drivers for New Season

• Thread starter scuudz
  • 235 comments
Hey there,

Are you still racing? I'm looking for a chill league to have fun.

I'm on EST but the time works perfectly for me.

ON PS5.

Cheers
Yup - Mondays & Wed.
Mondays are pretty much full, just reserve drivers but Wednesday has spots.

Shoot me a msg on PSN @Delta795 or Scuudz

Hey there,

Are you still racing? I'm looking for a chill league to have fun.

I'm on EST but the time works perfectly for me.

ON PS5.

Cheers

Attachments

• image-4.png
    image-4.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks and just messaged you on PSN.
Perfect - I put the remaining scheduled races above. We'll definitely have a lobby up tonight to practice for tomorrow night. Usually by 8pm central.

Also I invited you to the group chat on PSN.
See ya in the track

Hi, would love to join in on this! haven't done league racing ever but want to find a group that I can race and get better with!

Hey PUNisher - Could you send a FR to me Delta795 & also Scuudz on PSN, so we can add you?

Mondays are full, but we have open spots for Wednesday. Look forward to seeing you on the track & chatting.

I'll post the next race info here in just a bit. We tend to do mostly private lobbies to make sure races are clean FYI

Hi all,

I used to be a part of the following group

and am now trying to revive a similar league 10 years later! It was some of the best fun I've had gaming online, and GT7 has brought me back into the fold.

For those who don't want to go through 17 pages of the old thread, here are the basics:

• Mature, friendly drivers who love good, clean racing and are as concerned about racing etiquette as they are winning (if not more).
  • We politely ask drivers who dominate to find tougher competition.
  • Mostly CST time zone (but drivers from any time zone are welcome)
  • Weekly League Races with a formal points system
  • Tentatively scheduled for Mondays at 8:30 CST for the league races, but mostly of us are on throughout the week hanging out in the lobby doing practice laps, races for fun, sharing tunes, tips etc.
  • Focus on using as much of our garage as possible on a variety of tracks rather than only the quickest, most popular cars.
  • Most of us use voice chat. Not required, but strongly encouraged as it adds to the fun of it all and lets us get to know each other.
  • Time commitment for league races will be kept short and to suit adult schedules so that people can jump in and participate in the league even if they have just 1 hour to spare per week.
  • If there is enough interest, we will eventually run a team racing league. In GT5, we ran a Super GT season with a pair of drivers per team with a F1 points system (and formal qualifying etc), and it was a great success.

Please let me know if you're interested below and once we have at least 8 drivers, I can start setting up the league and share track, car class details.

Thanks for reading!
I am interested in this league. I am a very chill driver and not competitive about it. I’m in Texas so CST would be perfect

I am interested in this league. I am a very chill driver and not competitive about it. I’m in Texas so CST would be perfect
Hey Bourbonman - sounds good
Both seasons are winding down as we get into the holidays, but you're welcome to jump into Wed racing (Monday is full ATM)

Shoot me and Scuudz a FR on PSN.
Well have a lobby up for practice for sure

Delta795 is my PSN

Hey Bourbonman - sounds good
Both seasons are winding down as we get into the holidays, but you're welcome to jump into Wed racing (Monday is full ATM)

Shoot me and Scuudz a FR on PSN.
Well have a lobby up for practice for sure

Delta795 is my PSN
That’s all you have is Monday and Wednesday?

Happy New Year- We're back at it. We have just a few open spots for our regular Monday Series.

Actively looking for CLEAN racers, who are looking for a bit of fun for our Wednesday Series.
You can reply here, or send a PSN message to Scuudz or Delta795 if you are interested.

Here is the upcoming Monday Series info
1000007768.png

You know whats kind of lame? Racing on a Monday night. That sounds boring and dull.

You know what the cool kids do on Wednesday nights? I'll tell you, they race in the...

TurboTimmy Presents: The Lay-Z-Boy Racing Nippon Cup sponsored by 96 Hour Energy

Lay-z-Boy Racing presents the Nippon Cup sponsored by 96 Hour Energy

Gentlemen racers, welcome to the pinnacle of motorsport. This is a 4 round series that is contested in the glorious nation of Japan. To keep things local, we’ll be using the Radical SR3 SL ‘13 as our car. There will be no BoP on the cars. However, please don’t add any Turbochargers, Anti-Lag or Intercoolers. You can modify your engine (see below) to get more horsepower if that’s your thing. Feel free to to go buck nutty tuning everything else. I know sickos like Delta and one or multiple Burtons are into that ****, so have at it.

Races 1-3 will use this points structure.
1st - 16
2nd - 15
3rd - 14
4th - 13
5th - 12
6th - 11
7th - 10.5
8th - 10
9th - 9.5
10th - 9
11th - 8.5
12th - 8
13th - 7.5
14th - 7
15th - 6.5
16th - 6

Fastest Lap - .5
Pole - .5

Race 4 will double the points. I’m not listing them out here, you can probably do that math on your own.

Date, Time:

Wednesday Nights starting January 10th 2024

• 845p CST Quali
• 9p Race

Note: the race on 1/17 might start a little later due to the games master (TurboTimmy) being a single parent that week.I’ve tried to keep the races under 25 min.

We might need to adjust the lap count as people test and get faster times than I did.

Car:

Radical SR3 SL ‘13
• No engine swap
• No Turbocharger, Anti-Lag or Intercooler
• Engine mods (balance tuning, polish ports, rods & pistons) are allowed
• Sick-ass livery is required

Tracks:

The four tracks have been selected to try to highlight different aspects of racing. Race 1 in Tokyo will be a tight street circuit. Race 2 in Tsukuba will encourage more drifting. Race 3 at Broad Bean will be a super speedway experience. The finale, again at Tokyo will have long straights with large braking zones to encourage overtaking.

Race 1
Tokyo Expressway - South Counterclockwise
Laps: 12
Weather: S04
Equal Conditions Mode: On
Time of Day: Midnight

Race 2
Tsukuba Circuit
Laps: 22
Weather: C06
Time of Day: Late Morning

Race 3
Broad Bean Raceway
Laps: 42
Weather: C06
Time of Day: Evening

Race 4
Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise
Laps: 13
Weather: S03
Time of Day: Midnight

Settings

These settings apply to every race in this 4 race series.
Tires: Sport Soft
BoP: Off
Boost: None
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 3x
Fuel Wear: 2x
Refueling Speed: 3L/sec
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction Off Track: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 second(s)
Shortcut Penalty: Off
Wall Collision Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course: On
Car Collision Penalty: Off
Pit Lane Penalty: On
Ghosting During Race: Weak
Flag Rules: On

You can reply here, or send a PSN message to Scuudz or Delta795 if you are interested. Don't message TurboTimmy as he has no powers beyond being the games master.

Last edited:
Results and standings after an intense week 3 race at Broad Bean Raceway.

Wk 3 Results.png

Unbornapple had a meteoric rise, moving from 10th to 6th place in the overall standings.

Wk 3 Standings.png

This week is the grand final for the historic first tournament. Remember, the points are doubled for this race.

Wk 4 Details (1).png

After a fierce battle, Aedon Maddok comes out on top as the grand champion in the inaugural Nippon Cup presented by LZB Racing, Turbo Timmy and sponsored by 96 hour energy.

Wk 4 Results.png

Wk 4 Standings.png

We will be testing a new series format on Monday, Feb 19 at 7:45pm CDT. The idea is to mostly mirror a GT7 Sport Mode Daily Race from the previous week, but change the lap count to end up with a single 25-minute race. The test run Monday will be a longer version of this week's Daily Race B with grid start instead of rolling start:
  • 10 laps at Spa (changed)
  • Gr4 cars, BOP(H)
  • Racing Hard tires
  • Settings: Partially allowed (brake balance)
  • Grid start (changed)
  • Fuel x1
  • Tires x1
Mirroring what PD does for Daily sport races takes most of the planning, testing, etc out of the equation, which can be a challenge for some wanting to participate in our league races. It also allows those who like to participate in Daily sport races to dovetail racing with league races.

If interested, shoot me a DM and we'll get you a Discord invite.

can I join? I've got 1100+ hours logged into GT7 but only a B/S driver. I have 450 cars missing around 50 iirc mostly all stock so that I am able to run league matches using same make races. I can be found mostly in Gr3 lobbies that have BoP on with no settings other than brakes. lastly, I'm west coast PST and can do those dates and times

EDIT DM sent

PSN: x_tecra_x

Last edited:
Back