Lay-Z-Boy Racing (Mature Racers CDT) - Accepting New Drivers for New Season

• Thread starter scuudz
  • 235 comments
Hi all,

I used to be a part of the following group

and am now trying to revive a similar league 10 years later! It was some of the best fun I've had gaming online, and GT7 has brought me back into the fold.

For those who don't want to go through 17 pages of the old thread, here are the basics:

• Mature, friendly drivers who love good, clean racing and are as concerned about racing etiquette as they are winning (if not more).
  • We politely ask drivers who dominate to find tougher competition.
  • Mostly CST time zone (but drivers from any time zone are welcome)
  • Weekly League Races with a formal points system
  • Tentatively scheduled for Mondays at 8:30 CST for the league races, but mostly of us are on throughout the week hanging out in the lobby doing practice laps, races for fun, sharing tunes, tips etc.
  • Focus on using as much of our garage as possible on a variety of tracks rather than only the quickest, most popular cars.
  • Most of us use voice chat. Not required, but strongly encouraged as it adds to the fun of it all and lets us get to know each other.
  • Time commitment for league races will be kept short and to suit adult schedules so that people can jump in and participate in the league even if they have just 1 hour to spare per week.
  • If there is enough interest, we will eventually run a team racing league. In GT5, we ran a Super GT season with a pair of drivers per team with a F1 points system (and formal qualifying etc), and it was a great success.

Please let me know if you're interested below and once we have at least 8 drivers, I can start setting up the league and share track, car class details.

Thanks for reading!

Hi all,

and am now trying to revive a similar league 10 years later! It was some of the best fun I've had gaming online, and GT7 has brought me back into the fold.

For those who don't want to go through 17 pages of the old thread, here are the basics:

• Mature, friendly drivers who love good, clean racing and are as concerned about racing etiquette as they are winning (if not more).
  • Tentatively scheduled for Mondays at 8:30 CST for the league races, but mostly of us are on throughout the week hanging out in the lobby doing practice laps, races for fun, sharing tunes, tips etc.
  • Focus on using as much of our garage as possible on a variety of tracks rather than only the quickest, most popular cars.
  • Most of us use voice chat. Not required, but strongly encouraged as it adds to the fun of it all and lets us get to know each other.
  • Time commitment for league races will be kept short and to suit adult schedules so that people can jump in and participate in the league even if they have just 1 hour to spare per week.
  • If there is enough interest, we will eventually run a team racing league. In GT5, we ran a Super GT season with a pair of drivers per team with a F1 points system (and formal qualifying etc), and it was a great success.

Please let me know if you're interested below and once we have at least 8 drivers, I can start setting up the league and share track, car class details.

Thanks for reading!
I may be interested in joining.
PS4 (for now) user in WI on CST.

Last edited:
Great! Please add scuudz on PSN.

I think we have enough now to get some racing going. We should have approximately 10-12 people so I will come up with car classes, tracks and points system suggestions shortly.

We now have a total of 10 drivers, which is great. If you haven't PMed/DMed me, and are not yet in our PS group chat, then you have NOT YET been entered. Simply posting in this thread is not enough. So if you are interested in participating, please add scuudz on PSN and send me a message.

Season 1 Format

Four racedays. 2 races per raceday for a total of 8 races in the first season.

Dates

Racedays will be every Monday, starting March 28th and ending on April 18th.

Times

Racedays will start at 2045 CDT with each race session starting with 10 minutes of qualifying. Following qualifying, each race will be 10-15 minutes long. I will aim to keep each official raceday less than 1 hour in duration.

Raceday 1 - Monday, March 28th Details

Race 1 - Sardegna Road Track Layout B (5 laps)

- 250hp limit

• 450pp limit
  • 2600lbs minimum weight.
  • Comfort Soft Tires
  • All penalties will be set to weak/ON.
  • BOP OFF. Tuning Allowed.
  • Road cars only.

Race 2 - Fuji International Speedway Full Course (6 laps)
- Gr. 3 Cars ONLY

• BOP ON. No Tuning.

We will be using the F1 points system from a few years ago, which is as follows:

1st place - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 5 points
5th - 4 points
6th - 3 points
7th - 2 points
8th - 1 point

Looking forward to it. Let me know if you have any questions!!

Last edited:
We now have a total of 10 drivers, which is great. If you haven't PMed/DMed me, and are not yet in our PS group chat, then you have NOT YET been entered. Simply posting in this thread is not enough. So if you are interested in participating, please add scuudz on PSN and send me a message.

Season 1 Format

Four racedays. 2 races per raceday for a total of 8 races in the first season.

Dates

Racedays will be every Monday, starting March 28th and ending on April 18th.

Times

Racedays will start at 2045 CDT with each race session starting with 10 minutes of qualifying. Following qualifying, each race will be 10-15 minutes long. I will aim to keep each official raceday less than 1 hour in duration.

Raceday 1 - Monday, March 28th Details

Race 1 - Sardegna Road Track Layout B (5 laps)

- 250hp limit

• 450pp limit
  • Comfort Soft Tires
  • BOP OFF. Tuning Allowed.
  • Road cars only.

Race 2 - Fuji International Speedway Full Course (6 laps)
- Gr. 3 Cars ONLY

• BOP ON. No Tuning.

We will be using the F1 points system from a few years ago, which is as follows:

1st place - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 5 points
5th - 4 points
6th - 3 points
7th - 2 points
8th - 1 point

Looking forward to it. Let me know if you have any questions!!
I likey!! Whats up with the Discord server? Im not the most tech savvy person but i think i can create one for us if noone has jumped on it already.

Fun racing Gr3 last night, good meeting some of the new racers and catching up with a few of the guys from 10 years ago! It’ll be interesting to see what cars we bring to the track on Monday for race 1.

Hi all,

Thanks for reading
If there is any room I would be interested in joining, psn is my username.

Tag, hab interesse an euer liga Meisterschaft mit zufahren. LG
Tut mir leid, weder ich noch irgendjemand in der Liga sprechen Deutsch. Angenommen, Sie sprechen kein Englisch und leben in Europa, würde die Zeitverschiebung Ihre Teilnahme ebenfalls erschweren. Ich benutze dafür Google Translate, also entschuldige ich mich, wenn meine Nachricht keinen Sinn ergibt :-)

For the others reading that don't want to google translate their way through this - they expressed interest in joining the league and I responded saying neither I nor anyone else in the league speaks German so assuming they only speak German and live in Europe, them participating in the league would be difficult. (Oh and the above text was Google translate all the way!)

Hey, thanks for the invite. Had to make a new account cause I lost & can't recover my old account from like 10+ years ago...LOL. Not sure if I make it to the first round cause I might not my rig set-up in time for Monday and I refuse to race against actual people with a controller. Also why I've been just spending most of my time in game making skins & credits.

I’m new to GT and online racing, but through about 80 online races I’m holding a DR B/SR S. That time would work great for me (late Monday, I’m EST). May I join? PS5 ReignOnU

No worries, Rocket. FWIW, most of us use controllers. Does that change your level of interest in joining us?
Not at all and I will just use controller then, and I don't need to rush to set up that thing once I got it anyway.

Last edited:
Back