Lay-Z-Boy Racing (Mature Racers CDT) - Accepting New Drivers for New Season

• Thread starter scuudz
  • 235 comments
We have 5 open spots in our league. We have now been running for over a year and looking to bring a few new people into the fold. Over the course of the year, we have done everything from Gr1 series to kart racing, and have a good group of drivers with great camaraderie!!

Please post below or add scuudz and Delta795 on PSN if you are interested in joining us!

We have 5 open spots in our league. We have now been running for over a year and looking to bring a few new people into the fold. Over the course of the year, we have done everything from Gr1 series to kart racing, and have a good group of drivers with great camaraderie!!

Please post below or add scuudz and Delta795 on PSN if you are interested in joining us!
8pm CST is your race time? I will send you a FR, it is the same as my username here (I hope you don't move me too far down my lap time ranking on my friends list :) ) I hope to join you guys for your next race

8pm CST is your race time? I will send you a FR, it is the same as my username here (I hope you don't move me too far down my lap time ranking on my friends list :) ) I hope to join you guys for your next race
Good racing with you last night - some fun back-n-forth except that damn Porsche liked to break loose while braking or getting touched. You had the corners in the AMG, Porsche launched after 2nd gear, yet somehow we let Aeden win??? LOL

Need to figure out why we couldn't hear you though :confused:

Good racing with you last night - some fun back-n-forth except that damn Porsche liked to break loose while braking or getting touched. You had the corners in the AMG, Porsche launched after 2nd gear, yet somehow we let Aeden win??? LOL

Need to figure out why we couldn't hear you though :confused:
Absolutely!!! I look forward to racing next time and I appreciate you guys letting me race with you.
Is there a way I can find out what car group we are using next time??

Summer usually means less people are active, so we are looking to fill some more seats on our Monday Series.
Here's a bit more of who we are & what are are looking for. Many of us have been racing together since GT5
  • Mature, friendly drivers who love good, clean racing and are as concerned about racing etiquette as they are winning (if not more).
  • Large range of drivers from top A/S+ to beginners looking to improve & HAVE FUN
  • Mostly CST time zone (but drivers from any time zone are welcome)
  • Weekly League Races with a formal points system
  • Tentatively scheduled for Mondays at 8:45 CST for the league races, but mostly of us are on throughout the week hanging out in the lobby doing practice laps, races for fun, sharing tunes, tips etc.
  • Focus on using as much of our garage as possible on a variety of tracks rather than only the quickest, most popular cars.
  • Most of us use voice chat. Not required, but strongly encouraged as it adds to the fun of it all and lets us get to know each other.
  • Time commitment for league races will be kept short and to suit adult schedules so that people can jump in and participate in the league even if they have just 1 hour to spare per week.

Next Series Details -
Monday GTE -AM series
Races resume Monday July 31st

Rules -Overview
This will be similar to the GTE Amateur series racing. Amateur drivers using slightly modified supercars
Cars at series start of the series must be at or lower than specified PP below when racing starts. Ideally we would like to have at least 8-10 entrants at minimum per race. Cars are listed below – once you have entered the series, you must stay with that car throughout unless PD issues another “balancing update” affecting your cars PP.

Similar to Digital’s EQUALIZER series there will be a PP reduction based on top 2 racers / per race. This will be no more than 10 PP & done only thru additional ballast & power restriction. All races will be done on RS tires

At the beginning of the series, we will do a 10-lap sprint to identify each racers average & best lap time.
From that PP will be modified accordingly to further tighten the field.

Eligible cars – maximum PP allowed
Ford GT ’17 – 711pp
Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray ‘20 – 706pp
Ferrari 458 Italia ’09 -701pp
Honda NSX ’17 -716pp
McLaren 650s Coupe ’14 701pp
Porsche 911 GT3 (997) ’09 – 721pp
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4’11 – 711pp
Audi R8 4.2 '07 – 707pp
Dodge Viper GTS ’13 – 708pp

Tracks-
Dragons Tail Seaside
Blue Moon Bat Infield A
Circuit de Spa Full course
Sardegna Layout A
Circuit de Sainte- Croix B
Trial Mountain Reverse
Road Atlanta
Monza Full Course

Car Selection-
For those interested in attending this series, we will have a draft of Thurs. July 20th.
Draft selection will be in order or last series results, followed by those who did not race last season.
There will also be a limit of 2 of the same car in this series, so make sure you have a back-up car ready to go in
case your #1 selection is taken.

Next Series Details -
Monday GTE -AM series
Races resume Monday July 31st

Rules -Overview
This will be similar to the GTE Amateur series racing. Amateur drivers using slightly modified supercars
Cars at series start of the series must be at or lower than specified PP below when racing starts. Ideally we would like to have at least 8-10 entrants at minimum per race. Cars are listed below – once you have entered the series, you must stay with that car throughout unless PD issues another “balancing update” affecting your cars PP.

Similar to Digital’s EQUALIZER series there will be a PP reduction based on top 2 racers / per race. This will be no more than 10 PP & done only thru additional ballast & power restriction. All races will be done on RS tires

At the beginning of the series, we will do a 10-lap sprint to identify each racers average & best lap time.
From that PP will be modified accordingly to further tighten the field.

Eligible cars – maximum PP allowed
Ford GT ’17 – 711pp
Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray ‘20 – 706pp
Ferrari 458 Italia ’09 -701pp
Honda NSX ’17 -716pp
McLaren 650s Coupe ’14 701pp
Porsche 911 GT3 (997) ’09 – 721pp
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4’11 – 711pp
Audi R8 4.2 '07 – 707pp
Dodge Viper GTS ’13 – 708pp

Tracks-
Dragons Tail Seaside
Blue Moon Bat Infield A
Circuit de Spa Full course
Sardegna Layout A
Circuit de Sainte- Croix B
Trial Mountain Reverse
Road Atlanta
Monza Full Course

Car Selection-
For those interested in attending this series, we will have a draft of Thurs. July 20th.
Draft selection will be in order or last series results, followed by those who did not race last season.
There will also be a limit of 2 of the same car in this series, so make sure you have a back-up car ready to go in
case your #1 selection is taken.

Looks like a fun time. I'm interested in joining you guys for a race series. DR A, SR S. PSN Inktomei. Will add you on PSN.

Draft Day will be Thursday, July 20th at Noon Central. Here is initial order of picks (will update as needed)
draft.png

Lay-Z-Boy GTE-AM Series
The first race of the season will start with 6 lap hot session prior to qualifying.
Each driver’s fastest lap at the end of this 6-lap session will be used to further balance the race.
There are a few changes from our typical race format** IN BOLD** to notate.

Race -1 Monday, July 31st
6 Lap session starts at 2045 Central.
Qualy starts at 2100 CDT – followed by standard inspection.
Track: Dragons Tail Seaside
TOD: Afternoon
Start – Grid w/ false start check.
Penalties – shortcut only = weak violations
Tire Compound: RS (only)
Tuning – allowed.
**Damage – Heavy
TCS – OFF**

Fuel 3x / Tire 4x
Refueling: 6L
Weather:
Qualifier: 10 minutes
Laps: 12

Update on draft - We may have some spots for fill ins as well. Remember Darft starts this Thursday at Noon central
Please have your picks ready, so we can get through this quickly!

Lay-Z-Boy GTE / AM Series

Draft order

• Socalj4
  • Tomthetech
  • Sweaty Palms
  • Digitalrelay
  • Delta795
  • TurboTimmy
  • TBurton
  • Piler
  • Agentorunge
  • Zoyano
  • Scuudz
  • MasterBlaster
  • FastOne
  • Hobo_Erotic
  • Inktomei
  • MotoJP46

I'll have a lobby open again tonight for last minute testing & general shenanigans!
If you want to join, or just see what we are all about you can respond her or shoot scuudz or Delta795 a message on PSN

We'll be once again testing on Dragons Tail Seaside

flying formula 1 GIF

Last edited:
Lay-Z-Boy GTE / AM Series

Draft order

• Socalj4
  • Tomthetech
  • Sweaty Palms
  • Digitalrelay
  • Delta795
  • TurboTimmy
  • TBurton
  • Piler
  • Agentorunge
  • Zoyano
  • Scuudz
  • MasterBlaster
  • FastOne
  • Hobo_Erotic
  • Inktomei
  • MotoJP46
  • Ivar

Alright folks, here's the breakdown of drivers & cars -
Let's get to racing. Races start Monday July 31st

• Socalj4 Corvette C8
• Tomthetech Porsche 997
• Sweaty Palms NSX
• Digitalrelay Ferarri 458
• Delta795 Audi R8
• TurboTimmy McLaren
• TBurton Audi R8
• Piler Viper
• Agentorunge McLaren
• Zoyano NSX
• Scuudz Porsche 997
• MasterBlaster Viper
• FastOne Corvette
• Hobo_Erotic Ferarri
• Inktomei Ford GT
• Ivar Ford GT

We are also looking for reserve drivers & to refill our Wednesday Series races.
Different than Monday's these usually involve a rotation of cars from week to week, and a bit more just show up & drive.

If you're looking for fun races, with clean drivers & want to see what we do - Reply in this thread or send PSN message to scuudz or Delta795.

We are also looking for reserve drivers & to refill our Wednesday Series races.
Different than Monday's these usually involve a rotation of cars from week to week, and a bit more just show up & drive.

If you're looking for fun races, with clean drivers & want to see what we do - Reply in this thread or send PSN message to scuudz or Delta795.

Hi pal, just a quick message, my pal Ink said your a good group and I'd be interested in joining, let me know if that's possible etc... cheers NevstarGaming

I will be hosting a lobby tonight, around typical race time (2045 Central) Hoping to get as many of you on, so that if we need to do any PP adjustments we can try to get these mostly done before race day next Monday. That way if you do happen to have a PP adjustment done, you have the whole week to tune & test. Hope to see a bunch of racers!

If you haven't already and are interested. reply here - or send message to scuudz & Delta795 on PSN.

Back