LazyDay Cruisers (Name suggestions welcome) (Read first post)Open 

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 352 comments
United States
Marietta, GA
Dagger31198
18030095923_75bab1c44d_b.jpg

Hello, and welcome to this thread. Looking for a place to cruise, participate in track days, and themed cruises in a relaxed environment? This may be a good fit for you.

What is cruising?

Good question! A cruise is supposed to be a relaxing drive at a set speed. Most of the time, cruise lobbies will have a set speed limit, and police officers to enforce it. Most cruise lobbies are set up on city courses, or courses with road markings (Cote de Azure and La Sarthe are two very good examples).

While cruising, you can play it safe and remain a civilian; cruising at the speed limit and enjoying the surroundings. You can speed through the streets as a racer, looking for the thrill of being chased by the law enforcement who don't take kindly to the disturbance of the peace you're creating. Finally, you can become a police officer, looking to keep the roads safe from people who are driving dangerously, and giving chase to those who attempt to evade you.

There is no commitment, either, you can go from being a police officer to a racer with no repercussions, just jump out of your police car, and into a car of your choice that isn't sporting police markings (Detailed below).

What is a Track Day?

18623700146_b76cb14dc1_c.jpg

Good question! A track day is a very simple event. No speed limits, no police officers, no restrictions. Just cars on a track. There are a few simple rules at a track day:

1: Respect other drivers. Don't start drifting if you see someone hotlapping is about to take the same turn. Give them the driving line.

2: Let the faster car pass. Don't block someone. This isn't a race. If you're driving along in your 60's Beetle, that's fine, you're more than welcome to. But let the guy in the 700pp race car pass. Don't attempt to hold them up in any way.

3: Try your best not to make contact with anyone. If you do make contact, it is common courtesy to apologize, and allow them to retake their position in front of you.

4: Should you come off the track, anyone on the track has right-of-way. Only enter the track when you can safely do so without slowing anyone down.

Other than those simple rules, anything goes. Use the track for whatever you desire. Drift around it, try to beat the best lap, tune your cars, or whatever else you please.

What is a themed cruise?

18652223391_82017184c4_c.jpg

Good question! A themed cruise is exactly what it sounds like: A cruise with a theme. These are most of the time a little more regulated than a cruise, and do not feature police officers.

Here is a good example of a themed cruise:

The host calls for the cruise to start. They give a theme, and the speed that you'll be cruising at (Example: Supercars, 65mph). Everyone gets a car that fits in with the theme, and meet up at a specific point that the host will call out (Example, the start/finish line). The host leads, everyone follows in a neat and orderly manner (Single file, two wide, three wide, etc. Host's choice). You cruise until the host stops, or until you no longer wish to cruise.

The rules for a themed cruise are simple:

1: No contact. At all. Be very careful.

2: Never exceed the speed limit by more than 2 mph (Only if you need to go slightly faster in order to get in formation again) during the cruise.

What are the rules?

18624073726_2c8d2a804c_c.jpg

Good question! You'll find them in the spoiler tag below.

1: Respect everyone.

2: Use common sense. If it feels like something that wouldn't be allowed, then don't do it.

3: Civilians need to move out of the way for police officers that are obviously chasing someone. If someone speeds by you, then a cop car is rapidly approaching, move.

4: Police officers should honk their horn to alert someone that they're being pulled over.

5: Don't ram civilians, no matter who you are.

6: A racer is considered busted when they drop to a speed below 10mph, and a police officer is there to witness it. Please do not attempt to keep running after you go below 10mph.

7: If a racer is caught 3 times, they must change cars.

8: When a police officer busts someone, they must say: *PSN ID of racer* *Number of times busted*/3 *Name of car*

9: Race cars are allowed only on Track Days.

10: If someone is causing drama, report them, and ignore them. Do not reply to them. The Gtplanet staff will take care of it.

11: Remember this: To ensure you read all the rules, mention the fact that you love the smell of red roses in your application. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, just to make sure you actually clicked this spoiler and read the rules.

How do I become a member?

18624035366_f91257fe9f_c.jpg

Good question! Just fill out this forum, and PM it to me.

1: What is your PSN?

2: How long have you been playing GT6?

3: Are you 13 years of age or older?

4: Have you ever been a member of a cruise club before?

5: Do you have any interest in becoming a police officer?

6: Do you drive in real life?

7: Anything else you'd like to tell me?

How do I become a police officer?

18650662925_a6b8ff1a67_c.jpg

Good question! Just become a member, then fill out this forum, and post it in the thread (Don't send it to me via PM, we want the whole club to know someone became a police officer). Please note that police officers drive white cars with blue rims, as well as their number on cars that are applicable.

1: Have you ever been a police officer in a cruise club before?

2: What would you like your police number to be?

3: How long have you been a member of this club?

Important: Police officers must announce the fact that they are on duty in public chat. To do this, simply state your PSN ID, your number, and "On Duty" without the quotation marks.

Member List:

18462214570_b6cff2bbe2_c.jpg

Police Officer List:

18652619201_d89cc0d72e_c.jpg

@Dagger311 (Number 11)
@scoutbonk18 (Number 18)
@OmarM (Number 69)
@GranTurismo916 (Number 96)
@tori (Number 8)
@ToyGTone (Number 20)
@jkencsmith (Number 42)

Banned Member List:

18650667825_9aa1f4fcf8_c.jpg

How Do I Make A Lobby?

18518918676_650bb08f27_c.jpg

Good question! Post the room number, name it "LazyDay *Type of lobby (Cruise, Themed Cruise, or Track Day)* and provide the information for the type of lobby you're making. The information required can be found in the spoiler tags below.

1: Horsepower limit (If applicable).
2: Tire limit (May not exceed sports soft tires. No racing tires).
3: Driving Aid restrictions.
4: Track.
5: Time/weather change settings.
6: Tire wear/fuel consumption (None, normal, fast, or very fast).

1: Track.
2: Tire wear/fuel consumption (None, normal, fast, or very fast).
3: Grip settings for track edge.
4: Slipstream settings.
5: Driving Aid restrictions.
6: Time/weather change settings.

1: Horsepower limit (If applicable).
2: Tire limit.
3: Driving Aid restrictions.
4: Track.
5: Time/weather change settings.
6: Tire wear/fuel consumption (None, normal, fast, or very fast)
7: First theme selected.

Frequently Asked Questions:

18650117155_85d636069e_c.jpg

With the large amount of variation between the VGT cars, I cannot guarantee all of them will be allowed in cruise lobbies. As of 6/28/15, the only VGTs banned from cruise lobbies is the Chaparral VGT, simply because the technology used to propel it is not realistic enough to be found on the roads, all the racing VGTs, and the Tomahawk VGTs (Until further notice on the base model one).

However, in Track Day lobbies, anything and everything is allowed.

PM me with the offenders PSN id, what they did wrong, and preferably some proof. If no proof is available, add witnesses to the conversation, and I will contact the offender via PM with the accusations, and get their side of the story.

Yes, PM me with why you feel you deserve a second chance, and you will be allowed ONE chance. You can join one more lobby. If you behave according to the rules, you will be allowed back in*.

*If an appeal is granted is up to the discretion of me and any co-owners I have. No guarantees your ban will be appealed.

In Closing:

17924702053_491d112735_c.jpg

Remember: Always follow the AUP and the rules, and have fun! I hope to be seeing you in our lobbies soon!

This club is still growing, so the rules are liable to change at any time, and additions are almost guaranteed to be made. I will post when the OP has been updated, please reread it when I do, as something important may have been added. If you have a suggestion, send me a PM, don't be shy!

Photos courtesy of @sparkytooth.

Last edited:
police officers drive white cars with blue rims

omg dagger311 u big copy cat!!!

Just kidding, I think it's a good thing you're spreading the GT police scheme to clubs like your own. 👍
---
I'm hoping I can pop in a room one of these days if I'm available. Do you plan on making lobbies open to the public or members only?

omg dagger311 u big copy cat!!!

Just kidding, I think it's a good thing you're spreading the GT police scheme to clubs like your own. 👍
---
I'm hoping I can pop in a room one of these days if I'm available. Do you plan on making lobbies open to the public or members only?
It was that or black and blue rims. :P

Open to the public. Randoms can cause havoc sometimes, but those that do will be placed on the ban list using their PSN name, and will be kicked on sight. For the most part, they're alright. Worst case scenario, they end up kicked, and we move on. Best case scenario, we draw in new members.

Last edited:
That OP looks decent, I'd like to try this one. I do wonder, what exactly is the difference to the established cruise clubs?

That OP looks decent, I'd like to try this one. I do wonder, what exactly is the difference to the established cruise clubs?
Do you mean the difference from my club and others, or the difference between cruising and being a member of a cruising club?

Well, my goal with this club is to provide a relaxed, laid-back environment where friends can cruise together, or participate in track days, as well as the eventual other types of lobbies that will surely be added.

I would hope it differentiates itself from other clubs in the fact that it's more casual and less restricted than most clubs, however I'm not really sure how casual or restricted other clubs are, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

Your club compared to others, more specifically the Joyride Crew as they seem well established here on GTP. I've chosen not to be a permanent member there in the past for a number of reasons, and I like your simplified approach, so if that's your goal I'll be happy to try some rooms here. :)

Your club compared to others, more specifically the Joyride Crew as they seem well established here on GTP. I've chosen not to be a permanent member there in the past for a number of reasons, and I like your simplified approach, so if that's your goal I'll be happy to try some rooms here. :)
Glad to see I'm not alone in enjoying the simple things in life. :P

Everybody welcome @KiroKai to the club!

Sounds really similar to that joyride cruise club but more of simpler (police chat for example).

Anyway going to join, sending that...

A few things to bring up.

It seems as though I may be the only one who could be a cop this weekend. If that's the case, a themed cruise may be best. Is everyone okay with that? We'll take turns picking themes and speed limits, and each theme gets a whole lap on the track that was chosen. It'll go in order of the lobby list. If you disconnect or otherwise lose your spot, don't worry, I'll keep track.

Is 12 PM EST a good time for everyone?

Possible new lobby type: Demolition derby. It'll take place on the big asphalt near the end of streets of willow. One person gets a sports car, everyone else gets bigger cars. The sports car is faster, but there are more of the big vehicles. Mechanical damage is set to heavy. As soon as all five parts of the sport's car are damaged (All four sides and the center, near your tire durability), it's over. Whoever lasts the longest before getting broken wins.

Rules are still being worked out. Sound interesting?

Last edited:
That's like vehicular skeet shooting...can I sign up as Skeet?
If more people show interest, then sure. I'll just have to iron out the rules.

Edited the OP a bit, fixed a spelling error under the rules, and changed something in the "Themed Cruise: Required information" post. It stated that racing tires were not allowed in themed cruises, despite the fact that themed cruises allow any car category, including racing cars, which should have racing tires.

Is the lobby's going to be public? Because 5 members doesn't seems enough.
Yes it is! Probably a themed cruise, or a track day.

Unfortunately, something's come up. I'm going to be busy around noon, it may be later, unless someone else wants to host.

Can you give us a time where you expect you could host a lobby?

I just don't want to host or else I might end up with problems....

Lobby is up! 1472-6681-3415-8014.

1: Horsepower limit: None.
2: Tire limit: None.
3: Driving Aid restrictions: None.
4: Track: La Sarthe 2009 (No chicanes)
5: Time/weather change settings: No weather, time won't change.
6: Tire wear/fuel consumption: None.
7: First theme selected: Supercars, 45 mph on everything but the straights, 100 on the straights.

Last edited:
Lobby is down.

I learned something.

Randoms are exactly that; random.

It was complete mayhem as soon as the cruise started. Lobbies should be friends only from now on. People driving the wrong cars, ramming, speeding, etc.

Until we get more members, I doubt any kind of lobby besides track day could work. There's just no way to organize.

Ah well, live and learn. I guess we're a track day club until we get new members.

You should restrict cruise rooms at least somewhat to avoid racing softs and kick people who obviously don't join for a cruise. There were like 5 people in X1s and 97Ts and 2Xs when I joined. I mean I expect this to be casual, but there has to be some line.

Back