Le Mans 24 hours

I bought it today!!! Alot of people are not going to like it because of all the endurance racing. I like it more then the PS1 version. There are 2 versions of Road Atlanta a short an the long version. I have raced the short version with a GT car I thought it great. The track an scenary were true to the track.

I just bought it today (Thanks to Lee) And like it. It's not really a huge step up from the Dreamcast though. (The Dreamcast version was nearly PS2 quality though.) One thing that I haven't seen mentioned about the game is the tremendous feeling of speed. On other cars, and yours (outside view) you can see the turbulance form off the edges of the spoilers. Inside the car is a whole different ballgame. The hood rattles with the wind as you gain speed. GT3 has gotten me a little burned this week, and this will be a nice diversion. (Burned out as in too many laps around the same tracks, I'll never burn out on racing games.)
I'd give it an 8 - 8.5 as a stand alone, but only a 7.5 if you own or have played the DC version.
Oh, and you can actually race a 24 hour race. Try using toothpicks and rubber bands on that one...

I found it to be a serious step down from GT3 in the audio/visual category. A fun diversion, yes, but gawd - the presentation is terrible.

The racing experience is actually quite nice. I like the 10 minute Le Mans race, where night lasts about 1 lap. :)

I'll have a review up on Planetps2.com by Friday (hopefully).

Originally posted by Lee
I bought it today!!! Alot of people are not going to like it because of all the endurance racing. I like it more then the PS1 version. There are 2 versions of Road Atlanta a short an the long version. I have raced the short version with a GT car I thought it great. The track an scenary were true to the track.

Have ya been to road atlanta??? I have last years Petite Le Mans, it was cool the cars were louder than i expected.

Back