Le Mans 24 Hrs

• Thread starter misnblu
  • 6 comments

misnblu

Original member
Staff Emeritus
Misnblu
Misnblu
Does anyone get into Suberbike racing?  I get monthly issues of Sportrider magazine and have to admit that F1 and Cart is nice, but when you consider that these superbike racers are all that but on two wheels, youve gotta love em.
Anyone gone to any of these races?  
These are the most overlooked racers on the planet.  They do have their followings of fans, but not on the scales of F1 or Cart.  For anyone to do 185 mph on two wheels and race the way they do, youve got to give them accolades for being the bravest guys in the world to do what they love best.  
newsig42101qtrscrn.jpg

Yes, I've seen several of these races on Speedvision, and it just blows my mind that so many of those guys are willing to take such a great risk.  There's absolutely nothing between you and the pavement and barriers.  I don't know why motorcycles aren't as popular, though, it's something I've always wondered about.

Yeah I follow most of the races but I am a bigger fan of four wheel racing and Moto GP (I think that is the 500cc category). I did watch the superbike qualifying from Donnington today though.

Yeah, Im into the sport bikes, just dont own one yet.  
Its been one of my dreams to own one and I will as soon as my car is paid for.  
The 600cc and 750cc is my interest.  Honda or Yamaha will be my manufacturer, just dont know until I test drive one.  
Id also love to go to one of the events, just too far to travel to get there.  
BTW, Ill be doing the autocross racing thing before the end of summer.  Ive been invited by a friend of mine to see it in Chalmette La.  My car will be ready then and its something that Ive always wanted to do.  
newsig42101qtrscrn.jpg

Awesome!  You better let us see some pictures, Misnblu!

I definitely will take pictures.  I probably wont race in this one on june 9-10 but once my z is ready, I will be there.  Here is the link for the club.  http://www.delta-scca.org/
They are sponsoring the event and is a divisional affair.  
I cant wait to go and see what its all about.  Its not that I want to win, its the challenge...
4scrn86banner.jpg

Latest Posts

Back