Leaked Project CARS 2 Trailer Reveals Porsche, RallyCross, Trucks & More

I guess we will need 8core cpus for all those physic calculations when seeing that the wind will be able to affect the flags.. I am exited.. :D

There's Dynamic Weather with various Rain and Dry. But this goes another level. Never seen variable weather including snow in a game before.

There's Dynamic Weather with various Rain and Dry. But this goes another level. Never seen variable weather including snow in a game before.

Depending on how it's done, this may be the biggest seller for me. GT's dynamic weather was very disappointing (time sure wasn't), and while that's knocked the feature down my personal wishlist a bit, a well-implemented system will shoot it right back up.

I know it's an old comparison, but I always liked taking some slower cars around GT4's Ice Arena. With vastly improved physics and impressive particle effects, that track the AMG is spotted on could become an early favourite for solo fun.

Depending on how it's done, this may be the biggest seller for me. GT's dynamic weather was very disappointing (time sure wasn't), and while that's knocked the feature down my personal wishlist a bit, a well-implemented system will shoot it right back up.

I know it's an old comparison, but I always liked taking some slower cars around GT4's Ice Arena. With vastly improved physics and impressive particle effects, that track the AMG is spotted on could become an early favourite for solo fun.
Of course it depends how it's done. PC1's dynamic weather was pretty good and covered a lot of areas. It just seems they're expanding on this now with meaningful updates including wind and snow.

Some really exciting stuff there. I think PCars2 will be sledgehammer of a release in the sim genre if SMS deliver on the physics front. In content terms it seems pretty much untouchable while the new seasonal weather looks fantastic.

This I am really looking forward to although the driving model will have to be sensational to keep me away from Assetto Corsa for too long.

Last edited:
Also excited. Haven't really felt that way about a sim for about a decade. Seeing that 935, that snow, the water accumulating on the kerbs... this will be a big one.

It looks amazing. I hope they don't spread themselves too thin with the variety of cars, tracks, and types of racing and it waters down the quality of the actual racing, FFB, and sim characteristics.

great trailer nice news :D

The mercedes on the snowtrack must be the "C63 S Coupe" :D

nice cars in the trailer too, ferrari and Lamborghini and Porsche...WOW

I gotta mention the elephant in the room. You guys forgot to put the 918 and the LaFerrari in the new cars spotted-list in the article.

Strictly speaking, no we didn't: the list in the article is only referencing the new cars found in that particular video. :)

Of course it depends how it's done. PC1's dynamic weather was pretty good and covered a lot of areas. It just seems they're expanding on this now with meaningful updates including wind and snow.

Indeed. I know others may feel differently, but I'm glad SMS is taking a more evolutionary approach as opposed to a revolutionary one. I think a lot of the bones of PCARS are very good, but the first one needed a lot of refinement. If that's the primary focus of this game, it could turn out fantastic.

Back