Leaked Project CARS 2 Trailer Reveals Porsche, RallyCross, Trucks & More

I want a track list so bad. I hope there's some proper Canadian courses. Mosport....Mont Tremblant..
Mosport and Mont Tremblant are probably the 2 big ones from Canada that isn't the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve or a street circuit. Surprised they're not in more games.

However, Indy, TMS, Daytona, Long Beach and others are pretty good American additions.

Whoa, and it's currently on sale on the PSN store?! Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home!
Sometime last year it was a free game with PS+, Mont-Tremblant is a tricky track!

btw the headline on the blog post is a bit misleading to those of us outside of 'Murica, when I saw 'trucks' I automatically thought big racing trucks not pick-up trucks. The weather effects look sweet though.

I'm glad to see some footage of the new game. On the other hand, this leaking, puts SMS in a bad situation if most of those car/tracks licenses haven't been officially announced yet and they have to explain to their partners how this happened.

If we can get a reworked setup-saving protocol that is more user friendly then I'm all in, because the rest of it looks great. The graphics will continue to be a strong point, and getting Ferrari/McLaren/Porsche on the same track at the same time in PCars2 will be awesome, just awesome.

How the hell does this guy think that mightve been a F40... :lol:

Anyway,it looks good,espeically the weather effects,with any season possible on a track.

Ha! No kidding! For a guy who is obviously into sim racing he actually got quite a few wrong in that video... at least we got to see some footage though.

I'm glad to see some footage of the new game. On the other hand, this leaking, puts SMS in a bad situation if most of those car/tracks licenses haven't been officially announced yet and they have to explain to their partners how this happened.

That's essentially it. It's not that we don't want to show you the game or new content but we have a plan in place for this sort of thing, and licenses can be a very delicate thing.

One thing I can say is when the official trailer does hit, it will be in 4K. So keep an eye out for that (even on a 1080p screen there is a benefit) , as it uses 5x bitrate of normal 1080p on youtube).

btw the headline on the blog post is a bit misleading to those of us outside of 'Murica, when I saw 'trucks' I automatically thought big racing trucks not pick-up trucks. The weather effects look sweet though.

That's the great thing about using "trucks": it's an accurate catch-all. Sort of like how it also says "Porsche" instead of "Porsche 935 K3". :)

Ah, I heard about that one from the McLaren test driver while on the #AcrossTheHorizon tour last summer. Sounded quite good. That Spirit Ridge resort is utterly beautiful in person too. Quite the mission from Vancouver, but worth it. :D

That's the great thing about using "trucks": it's an accurate catch-all. Sort of like how it also says "Porsche" instead of "Porsche 935 K3". :)

I remember talking to an American about the Dakar Rally, they thought the trucks were things like Toyota Hilux's, I think they were a bit surprised when a ginormous Kamaz showed up!

This looks absolutely awesome right now, but the only way I'm picking this one up is if SMS fixes the steering issues, the online community doesn't drop like a rock, and the Ferrari 458 is included.

Last edited:
Obviously great to have Ferrari and Porsche in a game. Jaguar has had little mention in this thread, but that could be one of the most significant additions if the appropriate Jaguar's are added to the game to compete with cars currently in Project Cars. At present there are too many cars in the game which have no natural competitors or where the class comprises just one or two cars - I hope that they focus on addressing this rather than spreading themselves too thin by featuring too many classes of car.

With Ferrari, Porsche and Jaguar added to the game there is the potential for a mouth watering car list especially if they could add a couple of other significant makes such as Lancia and Lola.

Looks nice but the visuals are still almost identical to the original game, the art style is a bit off and not as realistic as other games visual polish and coming across as real to life through a camera lens. I'm particularly stoked to see all the weather changes returning and time of day, will there be actual fluid dynamics and representation of wind forces when pack racing? I say this because last time they had stock cars in there and those vehicles are highly susceptible to aero changes in open air and pack racing especially on high speed ovals.

Will wait, I bought the original due to it being far better than anything else shown but the package was marred with niggles in presentation and a wildly varying control issues between vehicles. Still it looks good to me, will probably arrive in 2018 though and who is publishing this one? For SMS to have Ferrari and Porsche means lots of negotiating and money. Anyway Racing is going to be very crowded for the foreseeable future it seems. Will it have Rally cross? Or something akin to it? I haven't played a fun Rally Cross game since RalliCross on Xbox way back when. I just can't get into any of the Dirt games at all, not sure why.

I am really looking forward to this along with the snow, new cars and seeing Canada, I have played Project cars on the wheel for the racing many times and helmet cam is very immersive but I really hope for a PSVR add on and I know not everyone wants a photomode but if they do keep one in the game they have to do better with the really slow sliders and blur and more settings - It does look like 2017 could be a great year for racing fans:tup:

I wouldnt be surprised if this becomes 2017s biggest racing game, perhaps the biggest racing game of this generation. The first one offered a lot already with the greatest career mode i have ever witnessed in a racing game. For the first time, i felt like a real race driver.

With even more dynamic weather effects, offroad, snow, Porsche and Ferrari, this is all getting really exciting. And i would love to see how this turns out to be on a 4k TV on Scorpio or PS4 Pro...

1994 Jaguar XJ220S

It's about to become quite difficult to choose between Dirt 4 and pC2 ...

A little bit sad how not only Turn 10 but now SMS can provide a more exciting racing than Poly.

Well to be fair, SMS was always quite good at that, something they've not only shown with the Shift games for EA's NFS franchise, but also with GTR and GTR2 (in my opinion, they had a great level of immersion).

It's about to become quite difficult to choose between Dirt 4 and pC2 ...

Well to be fair, SMS was always quite good at that, something they've not only shown with the Shift games for EA's NFS franchise, but also with GTR and GTR2 (in my opinion, they had a great level of immersion).
Money! I'm not sure that SMS has the same budget that Poly and the game looks amazing with probably more content than Gtsport. And of course a collision engine unlike GTsport. Better sounds, better camera views...

I guess somebody uploaded the video as unlisted rather than private and the link fell into bad hands if an outsider like 'Vortlas' could watch it. I'd imagine Ian Bell will be quite grumpy about the whole thing.

If your looking to debate GTSport, as it seems salt is already being thrown around, there's an entire other part of this forum to do that on.

Many, many, great things being pointed out here. I suppose as long as they fix the things that should have been fixed with the first game and pC2 doesn't suffer on the performance end on consoles, with all the dynamic weather stuff, I'll be quite happy.

Ah, I heard about that one from the McLaren test driver while on the #AcrossTheHorizon tour last summer. Sounded quite good. That Spirit Ridge resort is utterly beautiful in person too. Quite the mission from Vancouver, but worth it. :D

Exactly, it sure beats the hell out of the old rinky dink circuit that is Mission Raceway.

Back