Leaked Project CARS 2 Trailer Reveals Porsche, RallyCross, Trucks & More

I wouldnt be surprised if this becomes 2017s biggest racing game, perhaps the biggest racing game of this generation. The first one offered a lot already with the greatest career mode i have ever witnessed in a racing game. For the first time, i felt like a real race driver.

With even more dynamic weather effects, offroad, snow, Porsche and Ferrari, this is all getting really exciting. And i would love to see how this turns out to be on a 4k TV on Scorpio or PS4 Pro...
And I actually am torn between my favorite cars: GT4 Mustang, Group A Sierra, Ginetta G40 Junior.

With these new additions, I'm going to go more grey than I am right now. Good times!

This looks more like a Forza game than Project Cars game... Either way, this "unofficial" footage/trailer/cinematic really puts GT Sport to shame. I'm sorry, but PD aren't doing enough with the resources and budget. SMS is a much smaller studio with a smaller budget, and yet they produce content like this. Dynamic time, weather and even seasons makes this game an instant purchase for me. It does everything PD should be doing at this time - this game will be an absolute hit for all fans of the genre, and if it does live up to expectations, it may actually BEAT GT Sport in the sales department. It totally has the potential to do so.

This looks more like a Forza game than Project Cars game... Either way, this "unofficial" footage/trailer/cinematic really puts GT Sport to shame. I'm sorry, but PD aren't doing enough with the resources and budget. SMS is a much smaller studio with a smaller budget, and yet they produce content like this. Dynamic time, weather and even seasons makes this game an instant purchase for me. It does everything PD should be doing at this time - this game will be an absolute hit for all fans of the genre, and if it does live up to expectations, it may actually BEAT GT Sport in the sales department. It totally has the potential to do so.

I think the main difference is that SMS actually LISTEN to the players and WMD are fans of racing games just as much as we are. They love LMP1/LMP2/LMP900/Group C/GTE/GT3/GT4/GT5/Group B/Group4/Group5/Touring/Vintage formula etc etc just as much as us and they want to create the most realistic racing possible. Just look at the Lotus expansion for Project CARS1. Driving all those vintage Lotus formula cars on 2 well recreated versions of Rouen-Les-Essarts.... there is only 1 thing that makes something like that possible and that is a great passion for everything to do with racing coming straight from the developers. Every other game designer thinks you need to have all the newest fancy hypercars of brands like Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Pagani, Porsche and the likes to make a fun racing game.

Meanwhile Kaz & Polyphony just do their own thing, not caring or even knowing what we the community want from a racing game. Ever since he started with his silly Vision GT project I think he is losing it. Now in GT:S the next thing seems to be more fantasy cars like a 2016 Ford Mustang Group B rally car.... seriously.

Meanwhile at Turn 10, I honestly hope they put their act together for FM7 because if it's just the same as FM6 with rallycross and trophy trucks in it then I'm not even interested. They can't even get their car classes straight, apparently everything that is a prototype is just thrown together no matter if a car is LMP1, LMP2, LMP900 or Group C. The same with modern GT race cars, they just throw Super Trofeo, GT3, GT4, GTE and Super GT all together. Things like ABS, ESP, man/auto transmission are seen as game-wide "assists" which is so friggin silly. You can actually drive a 1940s classic car with ABS, automatic transmission and ESP on, lol. And there is no KERS and DRS either. That entire assist-system has arcade all over the place and meanwhile the man on top Dan Greenwallet thinks his game is - and I quote his own words - a "really really hardcore simulation". LMAO!

A pretty trailer isn't going to convince me that this game is worth playing; Project Cars had plenty of those and was plagued with issues (especially on console).

With Forza Motorsport 7 and Gran Turismo Sport coming this year (plus DiRT 4 and F1 2017), this game is going to have to work hard to convince me that lessons have been learned from the previous title's rocky release.

Nice trailer :) Those puddles are awesome.

Slightly confused by the PR and stuff with this game, but I guess that was never their strong point.

2017 (if all these games make it) is going to be a great year for racing fans.

Shiny Graphics in the trailer...
But i fear the driving will be even more simcade than PC1...
I dont think that SMS does a good thing getting in direct competition with FM and GT...

I hope that this is gives a kick to the rear to PG/Turn10, Polyphony Digital, EA etc. for giving us releases with no real improvements or features.

If you're expecting EA of all companies to be motivated by this, you're in for a bad time.

If the game doesn't have a career, something that is like GT or Grid, then I'm out. Main reason I haven't played PC1 more than a few hours, the game was too boring.

For people like me its great news! I like rally and drift (and grip racing) but seems I much more prefer to loose the grip! :D and those snow tracks would be awesome fun, so hopes up PC2 will improve drifting/sliding mechanics because in PC1 it was "crazy physics" when car starts to loose the grip!

I would think like that too, since we haven't seen too much of GTSport recently.

But remember, this is only a flashy trailer, we have yet to see more gameplay come out.
I'm not fully convinced until I can get my hands on a demo of PC2 to see for myself if it can live up to the hype. (I've had my share of cars getting flung into the sky in PC1)

I refuse to get to excited at this point just in case some of this ends up being not true.

With that said though that trailer makes things look pretty damn good.

Good to see Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche in the game if true, and I'm dead excited for the XJ220.

I was sceptical about if I would bother with Project Cars 2 or not, but after watching this.. It's got me very interested indeed :)

Theres more in that trailer than 2 years of GT Sport. Cant believe people are actually considering GTS a serious rival this year,we havnt seen anything,just a glossy photo mode. Its like Polyphony have lost the passion for it...they NEED to come out with something big in terms of previews & features fast. I cant believe how sedate the whole GTS thing has been...im a massive racing fan,but im not excited about it one bit.

This 2 minute first Pcars2 trailer is better than anything ive seen of GTS.

It looks amazing, which makes me skeptical hyppo. All those different surfaces have me thinking something isn't going to be right. Cars look plastic like Forza too. I dont see GTS and pcars2 both coming out in 2017, and i recon GTS might not even come out this year. So that's both out next year, just my hunch.

If the game doesn't have a career, something that is like GT or Grid, then I'm out. Main reason I haven't played PC1 more than a few hours, the game was too boring.
I find this absolutely baffling, pcars career boring? The one they actually put effort into?, yet you want it to be like GTs career? The most boring unimaginative career mode ever (along with AC). The mind boggles.

Last edited:
It looks amazing, which makes me skeptical hyppo. All those different surfaces have me thinking something isn't going to be right. Cars look plastic like Forza too. I dont see GTS and pcars2 both coming out in 2017, and i recon GTS might not even come out this year. So that's both related next year, just my hunch.

I find this absolutely baffling, pcars career boring? The one they actually put effort into?, yet you want it to be like GTs career? The most boring unimaginative career mode ever (along with AC). The mind boggles.
If pCARS2 comes out before April 2018 I'll be very surprised, so I'm keeping my excitement in check.

Dan Greenwallet

We frown upon people coming up with childish names for Kaz over in the GT section. Likewise with this.

A pretty trailer isn't going to convince me that this game is worth playing; Project Cars had plenty of those and was plagued with issues (especially on console).

With Forza Motorsport 7 and Gran Turismo Sport coming this year (plus DiRT 4 and F1 2017), this game is going to have to work hard to convince me that lessons have been learned from the previous title's rocky release.

It's true, all of them—SMS, T10, PD, and Kunos—know how to make impressive trailers.

I was left cold by the first game, so I'm remaining cautiously optimistic with this one. I like a lot of what SMS is doing, and I really appreciate the slightly unusual car choices. XJ220S instead of the basic one? Yes please!

But because the game so vehemently opposes the carPG sandbox-style approach of GT and Forza, there's a greater importance placed on balance within the classes IMO. I do hope that's addressed.

Not many mentions of the jag at the end! I'm super excited to see/HEAR some jaguars in project cars! Hopefully we can get a great group c class going with Mercedes, possibly Porsche, Jaguar, etc.

If its got dedicated servers for console online it will make it better.. that's what caused most of the multiplayer bugs with it being peer to peer

But because the game so vehemently opposes the carPG sandbox-style approach of GT and Forza, there's a greater importance placed on balance within the classes IMO. I do hope that's addressed.
I can neither remember who said it, nor when or where it was said (somewhere on here, I think), but from what I remember, it was mentioned that there won't be more classes in pC2, so cars like the M3 GT2 will still be amongst the GT3s. I hope this is not going to be the case, but I wouldn't be too optimistic if I were you. :nervous:

Looking very good but I'm still remaining cautiously optimistic. Loved pCARS1 and put in a good 100+ hours into it. However I lost interest along the way since the career mode didn't hook my the way I hoped it would.

I'd just like to string races together in Solo Mode. I do about 3 races @15minutes each. That's all I need in PC1. Awesome game.

It looks amazing, which makes me skeptical hyppo. All those different surfaces have me thinking something isn't going to be right. Cars look plastic like Forza too. I dont see GTS and pcars2 both coming out in 2017, and i recon GTS might not even come out this year. So that's both related next year, just my hunch.

The races in PCars do not reward anything. I like when there is a sense of progression, when you win cash and you actually use it in some way or when you actually complete races that are different and diverse, not just skipping to next race week-end, win, repeat over and over, which you basically can do in practice mode.

I agree AC career is equally boring, but I disagree about GT. The career from GT suffered from very poor AI and short life-time, but I believe that it had some nice ideas behind it. I also like when I have my own cars and can customize them.

for me gt6 carrer mode sits on the opposite end to pcars. gt6 is more approachable , pcars a lot more hard core. i enjoy both but pcars can get a little too intense since you're driving the same car for a long time

Back