• 236 comments
Road car collection.

Mazda MX5 Skyactive design
Mazda Atenza Gr3 road spec full carbon fibre detail
Toyota GT86 TRD Design

8368265422210859024_23.jpg
4899930693071537152_23.jpg
4620782287346237960_23.jpg

Wow, that's a great collection in such a short space of time. You must work quick!

Thanks very much. I've been making them pretty much since day one of the game but I've had 3 months off work due to ill health and this became the perfect time waster! Some can be made quick, once you get a technique but cars such as the Huracan and Vantage GT3s present the biggest problems with their layered bodywork which consumes a lot of time.
Also, what appears to be a simple livery such as the chrome blue TF Sport Vantage can often turn out to be amongst the trickiest - in that cars case due to masking around the chrome blue and having a black outline on all stripes. But then the payoff came when making the TF Sport MSW Vantage because all i had to do was change the black lines to red, change a few sponsor decals and repaint the whole body. That took about 45 minutes compared to 6 hours for the chrome blue Aston!
I return to work next week but I reckon I will still be able to churn out a few more - there's plenty more on my to do list!

Last edited:
I know what you mean about masking in order to use special paints. It's a technique I'm trying to use more and more as the results can be rewarding, but it takes time and countless shapes to get right. The decal uploader helps, but it's still time consuming when you can't mask certain bits and have to play with angles and camera projection.

Hazarding a guess at black shape first then white over the top.

Pretty much so but not 100%! Due to the curvature the lines have to be manipulated and even have other elements inserted to give that impression of one simple line. I think the body decal count was somewhere around 280, so although it appears that it's just a few curves, it's so much more!

To add to this, I'm very proud and happy to say that TF Sport will be making my liveries public later today on their Facebook page and have invited me for a tour at a British GT event this season!

Pretty much so but not 100%! Due to the curvature the lines have to be manipulated and even have other elements inserted to give that impression of one simple line. I think the body decal count was somewhere around 280, so although it appears that it's just a few curves, it's so much more!

To add to this, I'm very proud and happy to say that TF Sport will be making my liveries public later today on their Facebook page and have invited me for a tour at a British GT event this season!
Dude that’s ****ing awesome!! Congrats

I imagine it's layered like that yeah... but it looks pretty great. I had trouble getting sharp shapes like that when the body was white lol

I was simplifying things when I said 'a shape'. I know all too well how you have to use multiple shapes to achieve the desired result. Using 50+ shapes just mask the vents on the RSR's bonnet was bad enough for me!

Fantastic work with TF Sport, it's really rewarding when companies recognise fan's hard work and effort. Be sure to share some pics if you can!

Imagine if all the other teams offer you the same, you could manage the entire season for free at this rate!

Back