Left Wing or Right Wing? Take Pop Quiz in OP!

So I just tried it again and i tried to understand the question a bit more.

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

chart (2).png

A little bit different but still close to the last time. I started to find this thread to be interesting.

Why would anyone believe they have the right to say anything AT ALL about who can and who cant have children? Thats a big problem with the world today. People thinking they have the right to tell others what they can do because of some stupid ass belief they have. YOU dont get to make choices for other people just because you feel your superior to them or they are somehow a lesser person than the rest of us so shouldnt be allowed to have children. :rolleyes:
Oh but I do have that right, or rather the G does. In Ontario if you suffer from any mental, emotional, nervous or physical disability likely to significantly interfere with his or her ability to drive a motor vehicle we prevent you from getting a license. I have a relatively common affliction that doesn't affect me at all day to day and that I almost never think about, but I can't be a pilot or a cop because of it. I don't believe the right to have children is superseded by your obligation as a human being to ensure that the child is healthy and happy. If you are unable to create a child without a serious inheritable disability I don't see any logic in allowing you to procreate and it's pure self indulgence to do so IMO. By the same token, I'm also of the mind that grossly obese children should be taken away from their parents for the same reason. I'd give you the time and the resources to make the changes but if you can't get your 200 lb 6 year old away from the crisps and pork rinds, it's nothing more than child abuse and what is likely a very short life of misery for the child.

It should be noted for the record that I live in a province with single payer health care and it changes how I look at things. I have to pay for the healthcare of that child with the serious disability and for that obese kid that's going to cost many, many times more in healthcare expenses than a healthy child. I believe wholeheartedly in personal freedom but your personal freedom ends when I have to pay for it. I think you should be able to ride a motorcycle here without a helmet for example, but if I have to pay for your healthcare when you bust your head off a chrome bumper, you're damn well going to wear a helmet!:).

In hindsight, perhaps I should have answered the question without the inherent bias of the political realities of my place of residence although I'd still struggle to find a logical reason for anyone to have a child they knew was going to be seriously impaired, even if they footed the bill the entire way. Adopt if you're that passionate about it, adopted kids need love too and if affords you the opportunity to start a new genetic chain.
So I just tried it again and i tried to understand the question a bit more.

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

View attachment 650129

A little bit different but still close to the last time. I started to find this thread to be interesting.
Your position on the scale is pretty simple. You lean slightly towards individual liberty and non-interference by government and you are in the centre in terms of your left/right political leanings, meaning you'll listen to both sides and choose the one that makes the most sense. You likely aren't geared towards massive, sudden changes but prefer gradual progress on most issues.

You likely aren't geared towards massive, sudden changes but prefer gradual progress on most issues.

I'm not sure that I understand how this follows. Mind expanding?

If someone is a centrist, and has carefully considered, independent thoughts on any one issue, if they feel really strongly on that one issue, why would they oppose a sudden change on that front?

I'm not sure that I understand how this follows. Mind expanding?

If someone is a centrist, and has carefully considered, independent thoughts on any one issue, if they feel really strongly on that one issue, why would they oppose a sudden change on that front?
Personal opinion, yours may vary.

It's interesting/odd that, looking back through this thread (which by eye, excluding duplicates/broken images has about 60-70 results, many of them from O&CE regulars), almost nobody ranks that high up on the social scale - yet there are plenty of authoritarian-leaning voices and opinions on this forum. Particularly in US terms, it seems at odds with much of the discussion in the election/America threads; it looks like all but a handful of people in here fall into this range:

PCUCmeP.png

Most people, in the eyes of the test at least, are considerably more liberal than Clinton, let alone Trump. (despite, amusingly, "liberal" often being used as a derogatory term......)

I wonder why there's this discrepancy. Political Compass doesn't publish their method for positioning the politicians, so we don't know the accuracy of the chart (although it passes basic sanity checks). Assuming it is accurate........do people put disproportionate weight on certain issues close to them, which wouldn't be reflected in the test? Or do people not understand - or care - exactly how politicians represent them (perhaps influenced by rhetoric rather than policy/principle)?

I want to know why politicians are given such a bump in authoritarian rating, for instance Ron Paul was barely in the purple zone yet what social freedoms did he geniunely want to restrict? He is basically the only politician I have heard of that wants every drug legalized.

If Donald Trump is that high towards Authoritarianism what would an actual dictator score like Kim jong un, it just seems inaccurate.

It's interesting/odd that, looking back through this thread (which by eye, excluding duplicates/broken images has about 60-70 results, many of them from O&CE regulars), almost nobody ranks that high up on the social scale - yet there are plenty of authoritarian-leaning voices and opinions on this forum. Particularly in US terms, it seems at odds with much of the discussion in the election/America threads; it looks like all but a handful of people in here fall into this range:

PCUCmeP.png

Most people, in the eyes of the test at least, are considerably more liberal than Clinton, let alone Trump. (despite, amusingly, "liberal" often being used as a derogatory term......)

I wonder why there's this discrepancy. Political Compass doesn't publish their method for positioning the politicians, so we don't know the accuracy of the chart (although it passes basic sanity checks). Assuming it is accurate........do people put disproportionate weight on certain issues close to them, which wouldn't be reflected in the test? Or do people not understand - or care - exactly how politicians represent them (perhaps influenced by rhetoric rather than policy/principle)?

We have to keep in mind that it's only a 'pop quiz' - much like guessing a person's weight by making them jump on a trampoline.
Science is all about measurement - and the measurements used here are quite subjective - so obviously the results are not so much scientific as merely entertaining.

We also have to consider that every individual on Earth has their own particular neuromatrix - and therefore the lens through which they view their personal realities may have a particular focus that can effect their depth of field.

I’ve done the Political Compass quiz a few times before, but this time I went into the quiz with more knowledge.
8C631E40-0B78-48D1-A582-E85E7E41376A.png

I’m pretty much a centrist. :P

I don't ever fill these things, look at what happened with Cambridge Analytica, the used these things in conjunction with Facebook to capture political profiles on people for campaign targeting/use.

I want to know why politicians are given such a bump in authoritarian rating, for instance Ron Paul was barely in the purple zone yet what social freedoms did he geniunely want to restrict? He is basically the only politician I have heard of that wants every drug legalized.

If Donald Trump is that high towards Authoritarianism what would an actual dictator score like Kim jong un, it just seems inaccurate.

The fact that we have to bring in the fat kid to make the fat guy look like a clean whistle says it all. Look how high (and to the right) Obama is, yet he was labeled as another Hugo Chavez.

As for my results, about two squares more center than who I voted for (Stein)

Can't seem to get the Picture of my chart up on my MacBook but my results even surprised me only because I am registered as a Republican and am 18 years old which makes me that hippie millennial no one likes. Haha

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62

This puts me very very close to the middle but I lean more for the Left (Communist) Up (Authoritarian) area then to what I would have assumed I was (Right and Up)

I took the little test here are my results, when it comes to political parties I am not familiar with what the parties associate with on the other side of the big water, only here in the U.S. and under U.S. party structure I see more Democrat traits than Republican traits with the Libertarian party.
Do not know what it means if I was in Europe but I tried to honestly answer the questions

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.77
chart libertarian.png

I took the little test here are my results, when it comes to political parties I am not familiar with what the parties associate with on the other side of the big water, only here in the U.S. and under U.S. party structure I see more Democrat traits than Republican traits with the Libertarian party.
Do not know what it means if I was in Europe but I tried to honestly answer the questions
Well, I think everyone can have a good giggle at that one.

rightleaningtrumpsupporter.jpg

Last edited:
Actually just goes to show what a farce and joke these online test and surveys really are!
Not really, no.

The political compass is quite accurate at determining your political leanings. To end up in a slightly left, slightly authoritarian position, you will have answered more positively for questions suggesting that businesses should be legislated and people should be taxed than for those that suggest businesses should not be legislated and people should not be taxed, and also answered more positively for questions suggesting that certain behaviours and actions should be illegal (homosexuality, abortion) than for questions suggesting that they should not - but not overwhelmingly so in either case.

Care to share your answers?

Care to share your answers?
No

what are your views on the Democratic rebel flag?
If you are referring to the Confederate Battle Flag then it is part of the heritage of many citizens and history of this country.
Actually I do have Ancestors that fought for the South in the civil war, I do live south of the mason-dixon line and in an area that is rich in this nations civil war history. I am proud of my heritage and do not support the attempted elimination of acknowledgement of this era of history in our nation. So make your own deductions on my views further than that as that is what you will do anyway.

Then it's rather difficult to show where you've managed to give answers consistent to a government with more restrictions on finance and social issues while claiming to be a supporter of someone (and a party) considerably more free-market and authoritarian than you and claiming other members who are considerably more free-market (and more in favour of social freedoms) than you are "left-leaning liberals".

But if your answers were honest, you're either left of and more liberal than Elizabeth Warren or your opinions are so ill-considered that they're all over the map.

Back