Legalization of Marijuana

• Thread starter Event
  • 1,437 comments
The DEA re-upped marijuana as a schedule 1 drug despite these kinds of developments being well known during the Obama administration - an administration known for its soft stance on marijuana. That should tell you something about the inertia behind federal marijuana bans completely unrelated to a given political administration.
Thats because the Obama admin wouldnt take a hard stance, they said leave it to the states or let the DEA reschedule. The DEA said it wasnt on them, and either the administration or the courts needed to reschedule it. In the end, of course the DEA, FBI, CIA and all PDs, police unions and corrections unions are going to be against legalizing. Its a freaking cash cow for them. Busting a pot head is a cake walk compared to, idk, a drunkard, and worth more money, double so with mandatory sentencing.

Yeeeaaap...someone's been posting under the influence. Just don't go operating heavy machinery, eh?

I laughed my ass of :P I wasn't under the unfluence when writing ;)

I was on the way home from work on a bike :P
When I got home I did smoke ;)

I really don't know if contact high is a thing or not, but I really don't think you'll be able to get any mind-altering affects, or even a high, unless there was a tube connected from their mouth to yours.

Hotboxing is a thing, and I definitely have anecdotal experience of going to a Tool concert and emerging really quite stoned without taking a puff myself. Not entirely unexpected or undesirable though, to be honest. But like tobacco or any other "smokable" drug you kind of have to be in an enclosed space with a significant amount of smoke for any real effects to actually be observed.

It's incredible. Kids use it to stop their seizures and epilepsy. The US has backwards rules in place from the "reefer madness" era so I doubt things will change on a large scale any time soon.

The US largely considers it equivalent to heroin. Although to be fair, most of Schedule I is stuff that isn't actually on there for good medical or scientific reasons, it's there because of moral panic. Schedule II is where most of the actually dangerous stuff is, which is mildly amusing. Although accurate, because there are legitimate medical uses for most of them, like opioids.

Hotboxing is a thing, and I definitely have anecdotal experience of going to a Tool concert and emerging really quite stoned without taking a puff myself. Not entirely unexpected or undesirable though, to be honest. But like tobacco or any other "smokable" drug you kind of have to be in an enclosed space with a significant amount of smoke for any real effects to actually be observed.
You're correct, but that's a bit different than just being out in the open and getting a quick note of marijuana smoke. I was just using his example of being in public and explaining it from there. You're right though, if a massive amount of people are going to be smoking around you, then you'd likely get contact high in that scenario, although, a minor one at that.

Last edited:
Hotboxing is a thing, and I definitely have anecdotal experience of going to a Tool concert and emerging really quite stoned without taking a puff myself.

To be fair though, as someone who's actually Hot-boxed a number of times, you have to be in a small space, usually a car, that's pretty sealed up and then literally fill the bad-boy with smoke to really get a proper effect from it. But I guess everyone is different.

To be fair though, as someone who's actually Hot-boxed a number of times, you have to be in a small space, usually a car, that's pretty sealed up and then literally fill the bad-boy with smoke to really get a proper effect from it. But I guess everyone is different.
At that point, its less of a contact high, and practically you smoking the damn thing with the others :lol: I have seen some heavy smoke in some small concert halls, so I can imagine what he's saying, but me being a smoker I just never thought I was getting any sort of affect from it anyway.

Last edited:
This is like the most Utah thing I've seen happen in a while. A lawsuit has been filed to keep medical marijuana off the ballot this year because it violates religi...errr Mormon freedoms (actually, wait, I'm not supposed to call them Mormons anymore).

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46377313&n...ijuana-initiative-violates-religious-freedoms

While I don't think I'd ever use medical marijuana because I don't agree with it, I don't see why others who do agree with it shouldn't be able to freely use it.

This is like the most Utah thing I've seen happen in a while. A lawsuit has been filed to keep medical marijuana off the ballot this year because it violates religi...errr Mormon freedoms (actually, wait, I'm not supposed to call them Mormons anymore).

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46377313&n...ijuana-initiative-violates-religious-freedoms

While I don't think I'd ever use medical marijuana because I don't agree with it, I don't see why others who do agree with it shouldn't be able to freely use it.

I love how religious freedom supposedly includes curtailing the freedoms of others based on your religion. "You're violating my freedom to force you to do what I want".

Made in Holland. Car transporting weed (hemp) on a public road.

According to my sister-in-law out in Canada who's just had a rod inserted into her spine, it does pain relief like you wouldn't believe.

And, if you vape or eat it, there are virtually no health risks, and no side effects, apart from the known effects of doing weed. Munchies, chilling, giggling about nothing. It's just a really sterile, not too strong weed. If you're used to coffeeshop grade weed like I was, it does nothing.

It helped a friend of mine, when he was diagnosed with testicular cancer, he lost weight because of the chemo, and was urged by his GP to please try medical mary, because his body wasn't coping with him not eating.

I have to say, since it became legal in California I have seen.....zero increase in usage. If anything, I tend to smell it a little less than I used to around the streets of SF. Of course this is purely anecdotal. I have never been and will likely not be a user, but I've never understood the vilification of weed.

I have to say, since it became legal in California I have seen.....zero increase in usage. If anything, I tend to smell it a little less than I used to around the streets of SF. Of course this is purely anecdotal. I have never been and will likely not be a user, but I've never understood the vilification of weed.
An industry pooled together and ran a smear campaign on it a long time ago. IIRC it was the lumber industry.

An industry pooled together and ran a smear campaign on it a long time ago. IIRC it was the lumber industry.
It was paper actually, well, both. A paper company owner had bought up a large amount of wood land for his mill. Hemp was set to disrupt lumber as the main source of pulp. Cant really make hemp illegal on it's own, so he did some back room politicking and marijuana and hemp by virtue were made illegal.

It was paper actually, well, both. A paper company owner had bought up a large amount of wood land for his mill. Hemp was set to disrupt lumber as the main source of pulp. Cant really make hemp illegal on it's own, so he did some back room politicking and marijuana and hemp by virtue were made illegal.

And some racism, apparently:

That came from the politicking that followed from what I understand. Drugs were a convenient medium to go after blacks, Mexicans and hippies.

That came from the politicking that followed from what I understand. Drugs were a convenient medium to go after blacks, Mexicans and hippies.

Dont get me started on the "war on drugs". Along with for-profit prisons the Americans really made a mess out of that. You only have to look at the US prisoner per capita rate, compared to any other western country.

Dont get me started on the "war on drugs". Along with for-profit prisons the Americans really made a mess out of that. You only have to look at the US prisoner per capita rate, compared to any other western country.
Dont worry, I wont get you started. Preaching the choir and all that jazz.

For any marijuana users here. Have you ever seen somebody become aggressive, because of marijuana use?
No, but I knew a guy that would get a little paranoid after smoking.
He had a very good office job and would be worried he'd get arrested or his wife would find out.
Now synthetic mary(spice), yeah I've seen people do some very crazy stuff if they didn't OD.
I've never seen someone OD from REAL weed. You might think he's dead...(I can't finish Katt Williams quote here lol)

I know a couple of people that get a little edgy. Not aggressive or violent. Just easier to agitate. They both were heavy drinkers too though.
Spice... I got some stories from my army days of that stuff...it is popular in the military since it's not tested for. Not gonna say I didnt smoke some a time or two, but it was not an enjoyable experience in my opinion. Had a friend start fishing, maybe seizing, in his barracks room from smoking to much.
As for ODing. It's my understanding that it is pretty much impossible to do. Its easily soluble into our fat with no I'll effects, and the cannabinoid receptors have the ability the flush high influxes of cannabinols. Hence the term smoking yourself straight. It's the same with mushrooms. Literally two of the safest drugs. Probably the two safest.

If you're used to coffeeshop grade weed like I was, it does nothing.

Quick flashback to me trying to navigate Amsterdam blazed out of my mind following an adventure in a coffee shop. Hadn't smoked in months and it hit me hard... thank goodness for the nice guy helping me get my ticket to Berlin sorted out at the station just before the train departed.

I've never seen anyone get violent or aggressive on marijuana like people do when drinking. Nor seen anyone OD but certainly ingested more than they planned via dabs (oil extract that is concentrated) or edibles, resulting in them being "gone" mentally or just passing out.

For any marijuana users here. Have you ever seen somebody become aggressive, because of marijuana use?
Aggressively hungry.

In all seriousness, no. Like most said, I've seen paranoid people though. I myself used to get panic attacks years ago and had to stop smoking for a good while because the feeling of being high while one of those kicks in was not a pleasant feeling at all. That doesn't happen anymore, and if it does its once in a blue moon and I've learned how to deal with it, so I've since picked it back up. During those times, it may feel like your dying and its the end, but really, the hospital visits are more often than not just overthinking in my opinion as I've almost done the exact same thing :lol: That's not to say they all are, but I just feel like a lot may just be part of that paranoia.

Back