Legend of the Streets: Sunset's Symphony

Act II, Deception and Preparation
July 11
Revving Radio Broadcast Station
7:43 AM

“This is DJ Kaze, coming out of Revving Radio, your provider of news of the midnight. For those who can hear me on this underground frequency, the news. Not much going on other than the upcoming dust up between the Nightkids and Substance. Judging by the location patterns of races between them, the grand showdown should happen at a rugged pass riddled with volcanoes dubbed “The Volcanic Complex”. Who races on such a course?! But hey… brings truth to the phrase “ride or die”. So if you’re in the area of Southeast Kyushu, check out the action. If not…take the first flight from Tokyo… or drive! There’s no excuse to miss this. That’s it for this morning.

Mt. Aso
8:49 PM

“He should’ve been here by now,” Hei said in frustration.
“Who?” Crimson replied.
“A racer called Snooks approached me and challenged me to an uphill race here.”
“… Out of the blue a racer just challenged you? Is he on a team?
“Not for sure, but his impreza had a Substance branding on the rear window. The whole thing was weird to me.”
“How so?”
“Challenging the leader of their most rival team without backing? Surely that is leaves one in an unsettling mindset. There’s more to this.”
The sound of a Boxer became more apparent and a figure appeared around a bend. A dark green Gh7 slowly rolled beside Hei’s R32. It was put in park and the passenger window rolled down. Hei and Crimson walked toward the passenger side and slightly bent over, peering into the cabin. “We gonna race or what?” Said Snooks while still facing forward. “Who do you think you are,” Hei said with aggravation, “you come late and have the audacity to speak as if you were the one waiting.” “Just race,” Crimson said, “A defeat for Substance is worth some wait.” Hei sighed and entered his r32. “Wait for me down here. I’ll end this quick.” Hei said to Crimson through the window. Hei headed in front to lead the run. Both slowly proceeded up through the narrow pass entrance and then abruptly increased their pace. The sound of squealing tires was the only tune to accompany the raging engines. “Not bad,” Hei said to himself, “but your skills are still mediocre compared to mine. This race is mine.” Hei fiercely attacked each corner he confronted. Hei was in the zone, ignoring his adversary who disappeared from all views of his mirrors. Minutes later, Hei reached the foggy summit, doing a sharp 180 to observe his defeated opponent. No one came and all was quiet. Puzzled, Hei went down the mountain. There was no sign of Snooks, even the pavement was bare, with the exception of Hei’s marks of fierce cornering. At the lower midsection of the course, Hei saw a disturbance in the road. A pair of tightly knit semi-circle tire marks that lead to a dirt backroad. Hei figured out what happened. Hei reached the base, and pulled along Crimson’s Nsx. “So…” Crimson said. “That little son of a …” said while clinching is teeth, “he practically stood me up.” “Huh..” Crimson replied, “How?”
“He did a U-turn into a backroad. Wasted my time with an all-out race.”
“C’mon!
“I know right. I expected to shred a little of my tires, but not for this.”
“Explains alot. I heard a Boxer come this way, but didn’t see anything.”
“Let’s go. Our race with Substance is this weekend. Though a waste, this race kept my skills sharp. Anyway this race got me thinking. We still need a third for the race.
“But who? We have many members, but few that are of showdown caliber.”
“……Well… Matt is has sufficient skill, but doesn’t have a modded car of his own. Don’t want him driving that old Aristo of his.”
“You could just lend him that Supra you’ve been working on.”
“I think that could work. I guess it’s settled then due to our lack of time. Let us go. For the Nightkids.”

The Snake’s Den
11:13PM

“How are we gonna do this?” Shev said. “We have to pair off carefully”, Snake said, “To start off, I’ll go against Hei.”
“And I’ll go face Crimson right? Only natural to go against my rival.”
“Yes, but don’t lose yourself. I know you two got history.”
“Who’s out third?”
“Reyzor. I’ve been training him so he should be decent out there.”
“…..”
“We’ll be racing at the Volcanic Complex.”
“Really…you know I hate that place.”
“Stop complaining. Take a bottle of water if you can’t take the heat.”
The door to the backroom opened.
“About time you came to join us Reyzor,” Snake said calmly, “can’t have you missing out on our war council days before we head out.”
“I can take those Nightkids on regardless if I’m informed on the situation.” Reyzor said as he closed the door.
“Hmmm, such arrogance.” Shev said.
“Want to start something”, Reyzor said with a rising tone, “there a pass not too far from here.” “Enough you two”, Snake intervened, “save that tension for our opponents. Sit down with us Reyzor, this is one time planning is needed.” Reyzor sat down across for Shev, lightly starring each other down. “We both planned who we will be racing against”, snake said, “Reyzor, you face anyone who comes your way as their third.” “Understood.” Reyzor responded. “You all know ‘‘the plan’’ already”, Snake sternly, “other than that do as you will, but I will not tolerate brashness.” Snake stood up and looked out the window. This is our last chance to redeem the Substance name”, Snake said solemnly, “our members, our supporters… are counting on us. Let us not fail them and make them proud. Substance and Style!”

Last edited:
Act III, Heat! : Battle by the Volcanic Roar.
July 19
Volcanic Complex: Summit
9:14PM

The air was solidified by the pent up tension produced by this upcoming showdown. The night’s veil of darkness was pieced by gleaming contents of the volcano’s crater. The galleries were packed. People were energized by the nearing race and by fear of the mountaintop itself. “Hope they get here soon”, Shev said, peering onto the illuminated crater above, “it’s not going to hold its top all night.” “Don’t worry, she’ll hold”, Snake replied,” anyway, where’s Reyzor?”
“He’s over there chatting up the ladies who came from the club.
“Man! Get his butt over here so we can discuss final matters.”
Shev went away to get Reyzor. Suddenly, the glare of headlights from the lot entrance caught Snake’s eye. “The Nightkids” He said to himself then looked toward the fiery mountaintop, smirking all the while, “in good time.” They approached and parked beside the rock face. “So… I expected this much”, Snake said in thought, “ Hei’s R32, Crimsons NA2 and a ….” Snake focused his gaze behind the other two cars and saw a dark green mkiv supra with an unpainted carbon fiber lip spoiler. All stepped out of their cars with Hei leading the procession. Hei and Snake came face to face. Snake leaned against his ride and crossed his arms. “What….? Am I to run against this pissant S14. Snake laughed the insult off, “You’d be surprised,” Snake responded. Shev and Reyzor returned to Snake’s side. “How do we proceed”, Hei asked. “First run will be an uphill, the second a downhill”, Snake answered, “the style of our duel will be decided later.” “Then let’s start it. Who goes first?” Hei said. “It’s only natural to go by talent”, Crimson stated, “better the skill, the later the run. Shev, let’s save our spectacle for the second show.” “And it’s only natural for the leaders to close such an event.” Hei said. “I guess it’s settled then”, Snake said, “Reyzor and…” “I’m Matt”, said the driver behind Crimson, “I’ll have at him.” “We’ll start the first run at 9:40”, Snake stated, “gives everyone time to settle things amongst themselves.” “Till then”, Hei said. The Nightkids walked away and regrouped at their cars. “Humph, they’re worried.” Crimson said. “No, they got a plan”, Hei responded, “I don’t know what, but it has me somewhat concerned.”
- “Hei’s gettin scared.”
- “Ha, kay, I’ll let you race in the dark when I figure things out. Anyway, Matt, how did the ride feel?”
- “It felt pretty solid, but it’s pretty tough to handle the torque at mid-range.”
- “You’ll get used to it. It’ll reward you on the uphill. It’s almost time guys. Let’s go.”

9:31PM

“Know the plan?” Snake said to Reyzor.
- “Yeah, Yeah, It’s all up there.”
- “Alright then, head downhill, Matt is already headed there.”
- “Time to shine. This victory is mine.”
- “Don’t get too cocky.”
Reyzor rode out in his orange 180sx.
“Do you think he’ll listen?” Shev said.
-“Not really”, Snake replied, “but hope he got at least a fragment of what was said. I want you to head to the midpoint of the course and observe him during the battle.”
-“…. Not optimistic are you?”
-Not that really. I just want to know how much he’s improved. Who better to judge that than someone who’s critical of him.”
-“Tsss. Heading out.”

Volcanic Complex: Base
9:40PM

“Alright, line up!” Hei yelled. Reyzor and Matt lined up at a decrepit speedbump. All eyes focused on Hei’s raised hands. “This is it”, Reyzor thought to himself, “I feel nothing from this guy.” “GO!” Hei roared, dropping his hands. Both cars sped past Hei, who was pelted with smoke and pebble from the wheelspin.”Now the waiting game.” Hei said quietly. The Supra slowly pulled in front and took the lead at the first corner. Reyzor followed closely behind, keeping Snake’s plan in mind. “This driver ain’t no joke”, he said looking at the Supra in front, “but still no match for me.” Matt held off Reyzor’s advances to take the lead. “Not bad kid, not bad”, Matt chuckled after peering through his rearview mirror, “but I can tell impatience is getting to you.” The 180sx was losing speed during entry, but had better control out of the turns. “Ha, all that torque has come to bite you in the butt”, Reyzor thought out loud, “I should pass now and leave a good time for the uphill. Yeah. The next hairpin.” “Right, I see them”, Shev said into the radio. “Me too.” Snake responed, observing through his binoculars.
-“Huh, what…you’re watching too? How come I had to come here then?
-“You can see the details better. I’m just watching for entertainment.”
- (sigh)”Alright, let’s see. Reyzor is still behind but on the Supra’s bumper. They’re approaching corner 57. …the hell!? Reyzor is staging himself on the inside.
-“S%#. I told him. No use now.”
“This is my chance to show my skill”, Reyzor said, “ just drift around the apex while he’s doing his slow throttle control and…” The 180sx dived inward. Reyzor tried to keep the car stable during powering over but the inward sloped lane gave the car too much angle. The 180’s nose bit into the rock face, almost rolling the car over. Matt grinded against the outer railing to avoid the wreckage. The supra sped off, become the sole producer of noise of the night. Reyzor saw the supra go on until it vanished into the next corner. “Crap!” Reyzor said as he pounded his fists against the steering wheel. He kicked the slightly deformed door open and pulled himself out of the cockpit. He closed the door and patted the roof. “Well…fame and ladies, not tonight.” Reyzor said with a slight smile. つつ”く

Last edited:
Act IV: The Shadow of the Midnight.
September 19
Volcanic Complex
10:00PM

“This was to be seen,” Snake said calmly to himself, “but it still troubles me. He’s grown in skill no doubt, but… so reckless.” Snake peers onto the prepping Shev and Crimson, becoming lost in thought. “Hm, anyhow… this pressure is stifling me… what is it? Is it the uncertainty of victory of these heated bouts? Or… is it the presence of another? In any case, it’s too familiar for my liking. For now, I’ll just have to see and wait what happens.” H turns around and looks over the downhill landscape. “This night is becoming interesting.” Shev walked over to Snake. “We’re about to head out”, Shev said, “ any words? “Not really”, Snake replied, “but know this. Failure is not an option at this juncture in time. We’ve lost one … sudden death in now the name of the game.”
“I won’t lose.”
“Many have said similar, many weren’t fortunate.”
“Wow, I’m truly inspired for victory.”
“Just sayin don’t get cocky.”
“… There is no other that I wish to defeat more that he.”
“Ah, the feeling is mutual. I bet he’s gunning for you too. Remember that.”
“Ready to take you on.” Crimson horned from across the lot. Shev and Crimson got into their cars and lined up on the uphill. Snake came to Shev’s driver side. “Can you take him?” Snake said.” Shev looked all around the cockpit and then back at Snake. “Should’ve brought the evo …”, Shev replied, “ My silvia ain’t as fancy as your swap, but it’ll still come out ahead.” Snake smirked, fist bumped Shev’s shoulder, and headed off to the line. “Cat and Mouse”, Crimson said through his open window, “we run till you fall behind.” Or till your tires shred.” Shev replied. The melody of revving engines filled the air. All eyes are on Snake’s dropping hands.

10:10PM

They blasted out of the gate, with the nsx leading the first run. Both attacked the first corner with fierce aggression. The nsx bolted out of the corner with greater speed, but the turbocharged s15 caught up mid-straight. Shev tried to pass but the next corner came up too quickly. The nsx dove into the corner, increasing the gap from apex to exit. Shev had to go on throttle quickly to have enough time to catch up with power. “I may be lighter, but it’s nose heavy”, Shev thought to himself, “can’t rely on straightaways; only get shorter from here on out. Just stick to the plan and don’t get too absorbed in this match.” “I have to end this quickly”, Crimson said in thought, “to get…his attention. He’s on this mountain too, I just feel it. I bet he knows I’m here too. Well then… consider this race a sent challenge!” Tail to nose, the two sped through the course passing a wrecked 180sx that was benched on the shoulder. They came upon the final stretch of downhill, consisting of slightly banked hairpins. Crimson changed his tactics. Rather than his usual style of sharp diving into corners he kept to the outer lane with careful pace. This was a welcomed break in events as far as Shev was concerned but he couldn’t help but feel uneasy about it. Though he wished to take advantage of such behavior, there was not enough straight to gain enough ground to take the inside. All he could do is watch and try to make sense of it all. They approached the line but with a calmness than was out of place with the aggressive pace of the battle. The downhill was complete.

10:19PM

The two turned around lined up for the uphill. Hei would launch the uphill run. Hei glared at Shev’s s15 then directly at Crimson, irritated about a prolonged battle. He dropped his hands and watched as the two bolted onto the mountain pass. Vanishing behind the trees and mist, only the rumble of a fiercely fought battle gave hint of their presence. These warriors of the street would have at it eight more rounds.

11:42PM

Crimson and Shev lined up for the uphill. Drained of most of their fight, only the feeling of the steering wheel grasped within their hands kept them conscious. “I can’t keep this up for long”, Shev said to himself, “but I’m sure he’s in the same boat. Just a bit longer.” The race started once again. With weary minds and worn tires, they blasted toward the first uphill corner. The s15 lead the run, try to gain as much ground as possible with its advantage in acceleration. Shev feigned toward the outside then dove at the apex. Tailing, the nsx hugged the apex hugged the apex. The s15 increased gap from its acceleration, but the nsx caught up at the next corner with late braking. The dwindling front bite became frighteningly apparent as the s15 almost graced the outer railing with metallic paint during corner exit of a hairpin. The nsx stuck to the inside, hoping to gain advantageous staging for the next turn. Shev tried to outrun the nsx to the corner but it was too late. The s15 had to slowly hug the leftward apex while the nsx had the advantage of being ahead on the outside. Crimson tried to power out of the corner early, but the nsx too had suffered from worn tires. It lost traction, swerving to the inside, hitting the s15’s driver side door. The s15 was thrusted into the railing though the damage cosmetic with the exception of Shev sustaining minor bruising yet the race continued on. Shev recovered from the shunt and tried to get the s15 back on track. Unaware of the unintended and seeing the nsx pass by, Shev burned with anger. Guided purely by rivalry and rage, s15 became an instrument for victory… by any means.

“That was a close one”, Crimson said in thought, “that’s what happens when you get too lead foot in such a delicate predicament. I should’ve slowed down since it was my fault, but there is too much at stake for such formalities. Best watch my six for the rest of the run.” The nsx was five car lengths ahead of the s15. The course was starting to straighten out. The nsx attacked the next corner with confidence but it felt off to Crimson. Shortly after counter steering during corner exit, Crimson felt a sharp buckle within the car. The car kept veering to the left. “F#$@”, Crimson exclaimed, “typical… at the end of the course too. Karma…” Crimson kept on despite not being able to keep the car stable on straights. Shev, hell-bent on taking the win, used all his being to gain ground. Not being able to utilize full potential of the nsx, it would be inevitable that the s15 would catch up. “I can hold on”, Crimson thought, “the finish line is a stone’s throw away. I won’t block, but I’ll keep stay in the middle to give him a hard time. There is one I wish defeat more other than he, but in order to race that individual, I must win here.” The s15 was just a few feet behind. At the next corner, the nsx once again made it a habit to stay on the outside lane. The s15 once again feigned then dived toward the inside to minimize counter steer. There was one more corner between them and the finish. Shev tightly tailed the nsx, waiting for an opportunity to pass. As they went further into the straight, the nsx slightly moved to the left, giving shev room to pass. The s15 slowly took the inside and nosed ahead. The nsx once again gained lead with late braking, but its damaged left front wheel kept it from taking advantage of its nimbleness. The nsx pushed further to the outside giving the s15 to ample opportunity to take the lead. Nose to nose at corner exit, it would be the torque of the turbocharger that would gain victory’s favor.

As they both pulled in the lot, both separated and headed toward their teams spot. Shev opened the door pulled himself out with effort. Snake came and brought bottled water. “Well met.” Snake said. Snake took a step back to get a good look of the s15. “Not going to even ask”, Snake remarked, “hope my car is not going to end up like this.” “The way I see it, you’re going to have it harder”, Shev said, “it’s now a tie. The night’s on the line. Expect him to pull all the stops.”

“So close, but I screwed it up”, Crimson said to Matt, “Hei’s going to give me an ear full. “Speak of the devil”, Matt replied looking at Hei’s r32 roll up. Hei parked at the line then walked toward the rest of his team members. “I expected more of you”, Hei said with stoic disappointment, “you should have had this…at the first run. Why did you lower your ride that much…?” “Crimson look puzzled. “Don’t think I haven’t figured it out”, Hei raised his voice; “I sent some of the team to bystand the race. I when I got word that you slowed downed at the end of the first run I was puzzled. When you headed uphill, I went to take a quick look at where you slowed down. I thought to myself, “what of it” when I saw those steep hairpins. Then I just knew. You’re not well verse in tuning your car for body roll, so it pretty obvious the lowered height was a quick fix. You should've let me tune your car beforehand. You also have a habit of keeping your ride mint so I suppose you didn’t want that nice front end of your car to shovel into the pavement. Not quite a problem on the uphill but on the downhill…” Hei knelt down to analyze the damaged area on the nsx. “I suppose it was all for naught anyway.” Hei walked off to prepare for the final battle.

12:00PM

“A race to the bottom”, Hei said through his window, “first one to the bottom claims the night. Snake nodded and turned to face Shev who was starting the race. The second his hands reached hood level, the two rocketed downhill. Shev walked off the road then onto the side. “Hm…better win, I’ve busted my butt”, Shev quietly said, “literally.” Hearing a roaring noise coming his way behind him, Shev turned around. He saw a dark object with orange lights approach the downhill. It blasted past him. A grey M3..?” Shev said to himself, “such speed. Who is that?

Snake and Hei thundered downhill. By Hei’s surprise, the s14 put up a stronger fight than anticipated. “Funny”, Hei thought, “now I know. But why did you than in a s14? Hei’s r32 had the advantage at corner exit, but the s14 had superb low end acceleration and corner entry. A stalemate of driver and machinery was reached on the touge. At the halfway point of the course the r32 was leading, though by a slim margin. “Feeling a bit lightheaded here” Snake thought and then looked into the review mirror, “what…an interloper? He better not mess up our run.” The three reached the next corner with the stranger taking the outside. The M3 out braked snake and overtook him mid corner. “Hmm…yes, you must be him”, Hei said, “I heard a bit about you from Crimson. Let’s see if you’re as good as the tales suggest.” The battle that would determine the fate of two teams would be influenced by one that belonged to neither. Snake still held his pace with Hei. The mysterious stranger obstructed Snakes ability to overtake Hei. The M3 had similar traits as Hei’s r32 in that it had no lack in high end torque. This gave Snake some leverage in gaining the upper hand right out of corner exit which was perfectly suited for the decreasing time between corners. “I got you now”, Snake said pulling alongside the stranger after a corner, “you won’t have enough time to build that power up huh?” though the M3 had better braking prowess, Snake built enough ground to keep the lead at the corner. Hei still was leading the pack, but his heavy r32 was slowly being stifled by the tighter hairpins. Snake knew this well and methodically attempted to outrace Hei to each hairpin. Snake nosed ahead on the outside and out-braked Hei. There were only two more corners left till the finish. Hei tried to pull ahead but didn’t have enough low end torque to regain position. Unexpectedly, the M3 tightly tailed the s14. Snake pulled in front of Hei, but the M3 still continued to take the inner lane. “He wasn’t this fast before.” Snake thought as he saw the M3 inch up. The three racers reached the first of the final pair of corners. The M3 braked and made a shift to the outside line. Fearing collision, Snake slowed down and took the inside at the apex. This gave Hei an opportunity to regain ground by taking the outside. Loosing boost from the reaction, Snake could not utilize the hearty low end torque that gave him the advantage earlier. Hei pulled beside Snake, racing to the final corner. Both were neck and neck in the shadow of the mysterious opponent. Hei tried to late brake but the r32 was too heavy and pushed deeper into the corner forcing Snake to take the whole outer length of the corner. Snake pulled ahead with low end prowess but nearing the end of the final stretch Hei’s strength of top end resulted in catching up with Snake. They both crossed the line, but the victor was neither of the two. Both Hei and Snake pulled to the side of the road and got out, watching the burning orange light of their unknown opponent flicker and vanish into the abyss of the foothills. つつ”く

Last edited:
Wow! Great chapter, and a fitting end to the first season.

A wild M3 appeared!? I wonder who this mysterious character is and what he brings to the table.

Love it, definitely shoulda brought the evo.
Can't wait to come home and update my gt6 and run with you guys again. Built some sweet 500 and 450 cars my style. Ironically haven't built an evo yet. Hey wynter, since "my" s15 is all banged up, you think I could swap it for my 71 grabber blue mach 1 stang from our running in the 80s season?

Love it, definitely shoulda brought the evo.
Can't wait to come home and update my gt6 and run with you guys again. Built some sweet 500 and 450 cars my style. Ironically haven't built an evo yet. Hey wynter, since "my" s15 is all banged up, you think I could swap it for my 71 grabber blue mach 1 stang from our running in the 80s season?

"...cuz we got money like that, son."

Vol. III: The Winter War

The standoff between Substance and the Nightkids was declared a tie due to the intrusion of a racer of who was shrouded in mystery and another matter. While the world’s eyes were focused on this great battle, there were those who took advantage of the spectacle. A team hailed by the name the Tougeheroes emerged onto the scene. While the lead members of teams were away observing the match, their respective territories were weakly guarded by the less skill-graced locals. The known leader of the Tougeheroes, DK, headed a force out Toyama prefecture and swept toward the east coast. Droves of minor teams fell before them, but opposition became fiercer the further east they went. By the time they reached the summit of Mt. Akina, a standing force was prepared to meet them. Another turbulent chapter of the streets was about to begin…

Act I, Vanguard
January 3, 2012
Mt. Akina
9:14PM

So you’re finally here huh…” Sift said with irritation, “took you’re sweet time considering you guys were in a hurry but I guess just being here will work out all the same.” “You’re a cocky thing” DK said while walking up to Sift “don’t know who you are messing with.” “You may be new around here but let me tell you” Sift said with an air, “we in Gunma have a higher standard in racing, not some cheap deceptive tactics while no one is home.” “Wanna say that again or take it on street?” DK replied. “Gladly” Sift said, “And we’ll show you what a prepared team can do. Name your game.” “I say a half relay.” DK stated, “2 vs 2, first pair will race down and back up. When they get back, first to the bottom wins.” “Tss, a little unorthodox, but I’ll take it.” Sift replied. “Find your second, and tell me when you’re ready,” DK said with confidence, “Someone is already at the bottom to be cone.” Both went back to their parties to prepare. “Willing to be my second?” Sift asked of a colleague leaning on a yellow Evo IV. “Was it necessary to ask….” Nightingale with a grin, “You know I’m curious about these fellows. I suppose you’re going to take the first leg of the race?”
-“Yeah, I want to embarrass these guys so might as well do it as soon as the race starts.”
-“…You are cocky, but I suppose you have the skills to back it up…and the car.”
-“Haven’t done much to her other than some toe alignments and the wing, but so far her times are impressive.”
-“Get this show on the road?”
-“Let’s get this over with.”

9:30PM

“All right, we set?” DK yelled out. Sift rode his orange AP2 to the line. "Ready" Sift replied. "You'll be going against my boy Niko." DK said, "Your pal will go against his brother, JD." What... you're not stepping up?" Sift said. "It would be a waste to partake with the talentless." DK replied. A dark red Z33 rolled beside Sift. "It's understandable to be scared...of my flawless technique," Niko said, "if you wish to back out then do." "Tss, you'll do", Sift remarked with a smirk, "Let's go so I can put you in you're place." "Same to you." Niko said darkly.
Both focused on DK who was about to launch the race.

9 :39PM

DK flagged both racers off. Niko bulleted out of the gate and reached the first corner first due to raw torque. He took to the apex with adequate skill, yet Sift closed the gap. Niko extended the lead early on but lost ground in the technical section. "Child's play," Sift said, " but it was to be expected." Both roared through the pass, now approaching the base. Sift saw a glimmer of light at the base. "At the turnaround already," Sift said, "I'll pass when we re-enter the hairpins. Both took to the left lane, preparing to encircle the cone car. Niko initiated the turn first without issue. Sift followed suit and then ...

9:47PM

After Sift initiated a 180, the cone car turned into the right lane, blocking his path. Sift was forced power over to turn into the opposing lane. Loosing valuable time, Sift sped onto the uphill with rushed haste. After hard acceleration out of numerous hairpins, Sift caught up, but with dwindling tire traction. However, by the time Sift reached Niko, they approached the high-speed sections nearing the summit. Niko increased the gap and reached the starting line first with a 2 second gap. JD blasted off in his FD, leaving Nightingale to himself. Sift then crossed the line, initiating the second leg of the race. Night blew out of the gate with the aid of the awd. Unlike Sift's AP2, Night's Evo IV had the torque over the competition. Midway through the pass, Night caught a glimpse of the FD's taillights. The Evo was around the same weight of the FD but was nose-heavy. Night had to make the most out of the straights between hairpins as much as possible. "Damn that Sift," Night exclaimed, "making me work harder than I should. Anyway, this guy is good. Need to pick up the pace to get a win. Tss, I always talked about the importance of skill yet I have to rely on the raw power of my ride in this run. The irony." Night used the awd to get extra ground at corner exit. They reached the final length of the pass. Night attained full boost at mid straight and slowly decreased the gap. Night kept his foot to the throttle with aggressive pressure trying to get the nose ahead. Both crossed the line as blurs of yellow but the victor was undetermined.

10:03PM

Both JD and Night returned to the summit. Night got out his car only to get rushed by Sift. "Who won?" Sift said with eagerness. "Hell, I don't know, it was so close." Night replied. "Hell Yeah!!" DK's voice rung throughout the parking lot. DK approached the two heralding a video camera. Night and Sift peered onto it seeing a paused frame capturing the moment JD and Night crossed the line. JD's FD had its nose ahead by no more than 4 inches. "That is how we do it!" DK said with raised vigor. "This is bs," Sift stated, "the first leg was bs and you know it. at the turnaround..." "you were sloppy," DK interrupted, "it's just that simple. My guys will back me right?" DK's crew all nodded their heads in agreement. So it's settled then."DK said."Tell your friends about us, as were coming for them. The night will belong to us." DK got into his grey R34 and headed off along with his team. "What now?" Night said. "We strike out," Sift replied, "I refuse to take this lying down."

Last edited:
@Winters Noble Haha aww man. Good to see the adaptation of the old Touge war back in 2012 ^_^ hope there'l be a mention of Amuse (they're in Chiba) doing a full maintenance on my S2000 AP1/AP2 turning it into a complete R1 xD for the rematch between me and Niko.

Since I actually won when I battled Niko the first time (Niko started complaining about how the R1 was a race car, too light and very balanced blah blah etc, YET he liked & Favorited of the Touge Showdown 300 video with the debut of the Amuse car ). JC also raced him with his green WRX 5-door hatch and won. Jutin lost against him in his Evo III or II?

Last edited:
These entries really bring me back to a simpler time. I miss those old days of the touge.

We could mourn all we want. What we should be doing is continuing to enjoy the passes and share the experience with our friends.

Thank you, Wynter.

Act II: Skillfully Set
January 4
Tsubaki Art Foundation
8:46AM

"What I observed at last night's battle was interesting," said the man named Darkrage, "a team of superior skill lost to one radiating of overconfidence. How is that? Darkrage turned around, expecting an answer from his subordinates. "They don't?..." posed Bush. "Precisely", replied Darkrage, "While encamped on a ridge overlooking the downhill stage at Akina, I noticed an insidious act. A rigged match to put it simply. I normally would just scoff at such dishonorable activities and not get involved otherwise, but this concerns us. These Touge'heroes' supposedly want to conquer the whole of the east coast. We stand in their path. We can't allow such devious tactics to be used when it is our time to step up." "So, what do you propose?" Jake said. "As they do," Darkrage replied, "provide evidence. I will send some of the lower ranked school members to tape the various sections of the races they participate in. They are bound to resort to such tactics again and when they do..." The door to the boardroom opened. A lanky man with a dark green hoodie slipped through the crack. "We weren't done with discussions Rockett, "Darkrage stated with irritation. "What is it?" "I have word of the Tougeheroes movements," Rockett said, "Apparently their next target is Mt. Osaka." "Of the Nightkids...hmm.." Darkrage said with intrigue. "Jake, Bush, I want you to personally go there and observe the race. It will be in a few days, so rest up and observe with fresh eyes. You're free of practice drills till afterward as well." Bush and Jake headed out. Rockett followed suit but was halted. " Wait Rockett..." Darkrage said. "I have an assignment for you."

Nightkids' Garage
5:57PM

Hei was wrenching on his R32. "Still working on her?" Matt said while entering the garage. Hei did not break concentration. Matt became puzzled. You know I heard those... you know... Tougeheroes or something are coming this way." Matt said to break to silence. Hei stopped wrenching and let out I sigh. "I know, "Hei said, " Why do you think I'm so obsessed with configuring my ride." "Still fustrated about Crimson leaving?" Matt pried. "He chose to leave and I have no quams about it, " Hei stated, "just tense with such little manpower available at such a juncture. Hei rose and wiped the sweat off his head. "Such a travesty..." Hei noted. "putting smaller turbines on an RB. But hey, gotta tend to that low end. How's the Supra since I gave it to you?" "I did some work," Matt responded, "replaced the bonnet with carbon fiber, bored the engine to 3.2L, not much." That torque is gonna kill you." Hei said with amusement. "No replacement for displacement, they say." Matt said. "Even so, just us two won't hold up against the Toughheroes." Hei stated. "I know some people who can fill the ranks until this blows over." Matt said. Hei became lost in thought. "Yes, do that, " he inquired, "but allow me observe their skills beforehand. We cannot afford to hire chaff to fuel the Tougeheores' arrogance."

January 7
The Snake's Den: Backroom
7:33PM

"So, they approach," Snake said depressively, "to think they would have reached this far." "Don't dwell on this too much, "Shev said, "They still have to cut through the Nightkids to reach us." "Yes, but my pride won't allow me to just sit idly by, "Snake responed, "for them to be sole heroes against the Tougeheroes... in our defense." "How do we proceed", Shev asked, We're well equipped and skilled... other than that one..." "Don't give Reyzor such a hard time", Snake said, "he matured much since then... a little at least." Anyway, I hear that the Tougeheroes will hit Mt. Osaka next. I want you and Rey to go to the next battle and back up the Nightkids if it comes to that." And you...", Shev posed, "while we're staking our pride as racers?" " Plotting, nothing more." Snake responded, "You will see when the time comes. Shev sighed. "I hate when you leave us in the dark about things." Shev said. Snake let out a quick burst of laughter and stated, "Darkness is an essence of Substance. Grabbing victory from the jaws of defeat is our talent during the cover of night. Victory is always within our sight, defeat comes out of nowhere to our adversaries." つつ”く

Last edited:
The tension is palpable!!

So, the fact that the whole thing is in BOLD ... does that mean I read this in a whisper? Or do I point condescendingly at the mirror with my index while reading? Or perhaps I'm supposed to rub my hands together menacingly.. I like that. I think I'll do that.

Coming Soon: ACT III...

NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!

RELATED:
its-happening.jpg

ACT III: Drive Revealed
January 8, 2012
Outlaw Street Enterprises Headquarters
11:52AM

“Yes...send him in.” Timber said as he peered outside his office window, observing the falling rain. “So lo and behold he comes to me”, Timber thought to himself, “I suppose this is for the better.” His office door opened, a figure emerged. A slender man whose face was veiled by the fumes of the cigarette he blew. All remained silent as the door creaked shut. “So you came after all.”, Timber stated with a stern bewilderment. “All the better… all the better.” Timber turned around sat down at his desk. “So, how are you?” Timed asked rhetorically. “It’s been a while since we’ve been face to face.” The man said nothing. “Quiet as always,” Timber said, “but you have been causing quite a ruckus on the streets. Many rabble on about the mysterious racer who intrudes on races and then vanishes thereafter. Seems like you have been having fun. But let’s get to the heart of the matter. You’ve been neglecting your mission, my orders. Your instructions were to bring knowledge of the Legend of the Streets to racers across the land. You were to impress them and lead them to our little clique. However, you’ve been…absent in this regard. You race but you disrupt the very races that ensure my dream.” Timber rose from his seat and looked down, introspecting. “When I came here 9 years ago, I had nothing. I was but a foreigner with no value to his name. The only thing that drove me is my love for motorsport. For years, I worked at a garage developing parts. The locals were impressed with by my work, but the fame of it all went to my boss. In this culture, fame goes to highest head. You can imagine what happened next. I struck out on my own. I founded Ose not long after, but of course I was still a nobody. Even so, fortune would smile on me. My products quickly became popular; OSE became the ‘go to’ brand. Fame came to me, and no one else. As you can tell as of now, I achieved my goal. I have another venture. Arrogance you may call it, but I have the drive to create an empire, one of street racing. Indeed, the authorities look down it, but that’s the beauty of it. I intend to use politics and human nature to legalize it, hence where Legend of the Streets comes into play. The purpose of such is to create a an all-encompassing network of street racing and expand it. When something becomes common it becomes the norm and no longer becomes demonized. Street racing will become legitimate and I, Timber, will become the legendary founder of this sector. Now you see the issue with your actions? Your disruption of the various teams’ affairs prevents expansion.” Timber looked up, glaring at the man. “You are my shadow, you follow me. You’d be nothing without me. Remember who you were and go forth. Leave me!” The man turned about and left the office. Timber sat down and reached for the phone. “Things are as I thought.” Timber said to himself, ”I guess it’s time to initiate operation Red.

Last edited:
ACT III: Drive Revealed
January 8, 2012
Outlaw Street Enterprises Headquarters
11:52AM

“Yes...send him in.” Timber said as he peered outside his office window, observing the falling rain. “So lo and behold he comes to me”, Timber thought to himself, “I suppose this is for the better.” His office door opened, a figure emerged. A slender man whose face was veiled by the fumes of the cigarette he blew. All remained silent as the door creaked shut. “So you came after all.”, Timber stated with a stern bewilderment. “All the better… all the better.” Timber turned around sat down at his desk. “So, how are you?” Timed asked rhetorically. “It’s been a while since we’ve been face to face.” The man said nothing. “Quiet as always,” Timber said, “but you have been causing quite a ruckus on the streets. Many rabble on about the mysterious racer who intrudes on races and then vanishes thereafter. Seems like you have been having fun. But let’s get to the heart of the matter. You’ve been neglecting your mission, my orders. Your instructions were to bring knowledge of the Legend of the Streets to racers across the land. You were to impress them and lead them to our little clique. However, you’ve been…absent in this regard. You race but you disrupt the very races that ensure my dream.” Timber rose from his seat and looked down, introspecting. “When I came here 9 years ago, I had nothing. I was but a foreigner with no value to his name. The only thing that drove me is my love for motorsport. For years, I worked at a garage developing parts. The locals were impressed with by my work, but the fame of it all went to my boss. In this culture, fame goes to highest head. You can imagine what happened next. I struck out on my own. I founded Ose not long after, but of course I was still a nobody. Even so, fortune would smile on me. My products quickly became popular; OSE became the ‘go to’ brand. Fame came to me, and no one else. As you can tell as of now, I achieved my goal. I have another venture. Arrogance you may call it, but I have the drive to create an empire, one of street racing. Indeed, the authorities look down it, but that’s the beauty of it. I intend to use politics and human nature to legalize it, hence where Legend of the Streets comes into play. The purpose of such is to create a an all-encompassing network of street racing and expand it. When something becomes common it becomes the norm and no longer becomes demonized. Street racing will become legitimate and I, Timber, will become the legendary founder of this sector. Now you see the issue with your actions? Your disruption of the various teams’ affairs prevents expansion.” Timber looked up, glaring at the man. “You are my shadow, you follow me. You’d be nothing without me. Remember who you were and go forth. Leave me!” The man turned about and left the office. Timber sat down and reached for the phone. “Things are as I thought.” Timber said to himself, ”I guess it’s time to initiate operation Red.
OPERATION RED!!!
its-happening.jpg

ACT IV: Gearing Up
January 8, 2012
Mt. Osaka: Summit
10:05PM

The flurry of exhaust notes filled the night air. Headlights continuously vanished and reappeared beneath the canopy below. Hei leaned on the railing, observing the scene. “Do you like what you see?” Matt said, as he approached from behind. “They’re not bad”, Hei replied, “they seem to have adequate talent… But what of those two?” Hei pointed toward the faster two lights approaching the mountain summit. “I had to call a pal of mine to see if he knew any racers who specialize in our little discipline.” Matt answered, “of course he did. The two vehicles arrived at the parking lot. “The one in the Cooper is called Frag, I believe,” Matt explained, “I heard he’s an ex rally racer.” “And the one in the EG6…”, Hei asked with curiosity. “His name is Vace” Matt stated, “He used to be a mechanic for a works team in the past, but his peers didn’t look favorably on him for taking it to the street. Needless to say he has some skill.” Hei nodded his head and Matt waved the two toward them. “So, are you interested in participating with us?” Hei asked. “You can count us in” Frag answered, “Just say when and where.” “It’s been a while since I’ve been in a legit race, well… “legit” being.” Vace said with a smirk. “Excellent” Hei responded, “Matt will give you contact information. I look forward to seeing you in action.” “Why not a taste beforehand?” Vace suggested. An air of bewilderment engulfed the scene.” I see you’re the owner of that N1,” Vace continued, “Quite a machine. I wonder is the driver is of matching flavor?” “A race to the bottom,” Hei responded, “Should answer that question.”

January 9, 2012
Unknown Location
12:16AM

“Our race in Osaka is this weekend and you’re having me to sit out!” JD exclaimed. “Calm down” DK said, “Everything is as planned, and then some.” “What do you mean?” Niko asked, “Our race is days away. We need to be a full force or else our sweep may be compromised. What are you getting at? “Surely you spotted an extra car in our midst” DK said. Niko and JD approached DK. “A new member?” JD whispered, “You’re having a newcomer take my place.” “I would say that”, DK replied, “He’s more of the plan itself.” The two brothers looked puzzled. “The plan itself…?” Niko said in thought. “Our sweep from the beginning to now has largely been a result of our efforts off the tarmac.” DK explained, “To progress further, we need to be more cunning, more…involved.” “Don’t leave us out of the loop,” Niko said, “what’s your plan?” “Fine.” DK said, succumbing to the two’s curiosity,” The grand scheme of things is best analyzed through one’s eyes. You may join us!” A figure entered the room. “…Hey, you’re…” JD said trying to comprehend the situation. “What can I say” DK said with a smile, “Things are complicated."

Back