Let's boycott Sony and GTC!!!!

• Thread starter SKILLZ
  • 84 comments

What's really going on?Sounds like a conspiracy to me!!!

• Keep it real!!!!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Don't ever sell out!!!!!

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before this make no sense at all....we are the ****ing automotive capital of the world, and probably have purchased more GT3 games then any other country that has the game already!!!I tired of GT3,I have every car on the game I want, It's been a whole year where the hell is the new game????I promise if this game is not everything I dreamed of.......I'm done with Sony!!!!I'm going and buying an XBOX!!!Who needs this BULL ****??Bill Gates won't play us out like this....he love money too much!!!

:odd:
It takes time to make a game.
I don't want Sony finishing it quickly and make GT4 just GT3 with a little better graphics.
Just wait some more, and you'll see that Gt4 will be an A+ game.
Untill then, why don't you join some GT3 competitions to keep you busy:)

Yeah, where in the hell is our version of Gran Turismo Concept, hell everyone but us has it.

Hehehe... we get it, and you don't. ;)

Sony probably will release it in the US though.
Or they could make a USA version or something.
Who knows?

Skillz, Lets see you make a game that can top GT3 and see how long it takes you.

Originally posted by Supra897
Yeah, where in the hell is our version of Gran Turismo Concept, hell everyone but us has it.

Well, actually we're over a month away at the moment - and it wouldn't be the first time a release date's gone backwards in the last couple of weeks before the date.

Welcome to being treated like the rest of the world...

Right on MistaX. Skilz if you want to buy a game that was made in a couple of hours and pays no attetion to detail, or game control than by all means go for it. On the other hand I realy like the wait, I like that sony wants to make this game better and better and better and better again. You also said you are sick of GT3 well guess what GT4 or what ever is coming next will be more racing, so find another game. If you were a real race fan, and sees how realistic this game is you would never get sick of it. :) :D

I have a better idea... how about we all do something constructive with our time instead?!

Getting irate over a game doesn't help matters. In fact, if Polyphony is reading this thread, they'll probably just write you off as a kid who can't understand the heart, soul, and motivation it takes to make a game (not to mention the *years* of hard work!). They'll write off your thread, your ideas, and eventually this board as nonconstructive and won't take anyone's ideas into consideration.

Instead, write to car manufacturers and tell them how GT has influenced your car purchase decisions. You are of a generation with great purchasing parity. Use that to your advantage. Tell manufacturers how GT has honed your enthusiasm for automobiles, and urge them to contact PD about inclusion in the next game.

Keep in mind that not much is promised for GTC. It's a promotional tool... it's not even a real game. In a sense, it's just something to tide you over until the next iteration of the series.

If we don't get GTC 2002 Tokyo Geneva, I'm sure we'll be getting GTC 2002 Tokyo-Geneva-Detroit or something to that extent. You fail to realise that the USA's versions of GT have always been less buggy and included more cars than their overseas counterparts. Look at the RSX, for example.

In short, be patient and do all you can to get over your "I'm-from-a-superior-country-so-I-want-the-world-in-a-week" complex. It'll serve you better in the end.

it is taking a long time but I think that the dudes are trying to make this game to perfection so they are testing them on this other coutries before the make the U. S. version so we might end up with a tight ass game

Obviously you guys have no sense of humor.If you think that I will actually waist my time boycoting a friggen video game something or someone has severely distorted your perception of reality.And first of all Many sports games have hundreds of players that require massive detail(and many more game modes at that)and they put out games every nine months at the begining of every season.Second of all Sony has'nt even confirmed a US release,I could see if the cars had damage or some traffic in the cities whille maintaining there high quality graphics. But damn this the same game just a liitle better graphics.What the hells taking so long!!!!!!As a matter of fact if the don't have some new game modes and at least 50-75 new cars (some real bimmers and benzs etc)I won't buy the game. I've been playing this smae game since GT1 and the only reason I bought this one was because I **** this chick who works at Babbages in the mall and she let me know that I could return my gameshark after I used it (and don't get it twisted I will bust any one of your asses in the game,I just refused to start over on the same ****ing games) I'm out!!!!!!

And by the way you fellas need to relax.Smoke a blunt or something!!!!!!And could anybody tell me if there going to have bigger badder wheels on this game instead of the same ol' bull**** ones as on the last 2 games.I have 19 inchers on my 98' mustang and trust me it just makes the car look so much better!!!Get some REAL wheels Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by vat_man

Well, actually we're over a month away at the moment - and it wouldn't be the first time a release date's gone backwards in the last couple of weeks before the date.

Welcome to being treated like the rest of the world...

Uhh... I was talking about the US version.

Originally posted by SKILLZ
Obviously you guys have no sense of humor
<SNIP>
the only reason I bought this one was because I **** this chick who works at Babbages in the mall and she let me know that I could return my gameshark after I used it (and don't get it twisted I will bust any one of your asses in the game,I just refused to start over on the same ****ing games) I'm out!!!!!!

And by the way you fellas need to relax.Smoke a blunt or something!!!!!!
Well, I'm going to assume I speak for all of us when I say "Welcome to GTPlanet, and don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on your way out of here and over to www.iamaconceitedbastard.com ."

Son, you've got a lot of damn gall to charge in here like you own the freaking world, type these huge illiterate rants about an achievement you couldn't begin to imagine how to match, and then tell a friendly, intelligent group of folks that they need to chill out!

Ooooohh, and 19s on your Mustang, gosh I'm really impressed. Did you match your age or your IQ when you picked that number? Or was it just that Mommy and Daddy wouldn't spring for the Dubs you were whining for? Too bad it's probably a lardass six cylinder and my wife's automatic-trans Neon can and will spank it pink. And if it's a 4.9 GT, I'll spank it with my 5-speed Neon.

You may think it looks nice (personal opinion) but I bet those mothers are murdering your handling and acceleration. But, ohhh, yeah, you wouldn't care about that - you're all tip and no torque.

See ya, and enjoy puberty when it finally comes your way.

Originally posted by Supra897

Uhh... I was talking about the US version.

I know you were - what I was getting at was that we haven't actually got it yet. There might be an announcement on that before we get our hands on GT Concept.

:smilewink:

I knew you'd catch that! I wish I ran an ISP - I'd have domains registered out the wazoo!

"You're Out"? "Keep it real"? "Skillz"? "Smoke a blunt"?

I've had it with you poseur ghetto children. Listen, just because you put 25 inch wheels on your Mustang and talk in ebonics doesn't mean you're ghetto. Dude, you have a COMPUTER, you have INTERNET ACCESS... you probably live in some suburban neighbourhood... I can see it now: brick house, a minivan, and parents that work for Lockheed Martin.

Your banter is racist, elitist, embarassingly funny, and altogether sad... but believe you me, YOU AIN'T GHETTO.

Keep it real, ya moron...

Originally posted by vat_man

Here's some suggestions:

Good luck!

lol - vat_man, you're in luck - all those domains are available.

hehehe

Now, to decide if I want to actually register 'em or not... :) I work for a webhost/domain registrar, so I get 'em dirt cheap. The only problem is, I've already got 15-20 domains I'm not doing anything with.

A couple of 'em are good though - btw - lol @ www.imcaughtinabig.net

Originally posted by SKILLZ
bull**** ones as on the last 2 games.I have 19 inchers on my 98' mustang and trust me it just makes the car look so much better!!!

You do know that larger wheels are not for looks, its actually to improve the handling of the car??

Get some REAL wheels Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Errrrrr last time i looked all the wheels in the GT series were real wheels you can actually buy. I could put some falkens on my ford fiesta :lol: that would look cool yeah wow :rolleyes:

Hey I want that domain name. Can i have www.imcaughtinabig.net for free PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE :D

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN

You do know that larger wheels are not for looks, its actually to improve the handling of the car??

Errrrrr last time i looked all the wheels in the GT series were real wheels you can actually buy. I could put some 21 inch falkens on my ford fiesta :lol: that would look cool yeah wow :rolleyes:

Hey I want that domain name. Can i have www.imcaughtinabig.net for free PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE :D

lol - I can't hook you up with a freebie. The bosses got angry after my first 15 or so domains I registered for myself without paying for.

Now I've gotta actually pay for 'em. And I don't like any of them enough to do that...

I would be cheeky enough to suggest thast 90% of buyers of aftermarket wheels are not familiar with the concept of unsprung weight.

Not to mention the concept of the moment of rotational inertia.

Stupid, stupid rat creatures. There is no point in going larger than 16" wheels (rims are for bicycles) on virtually any car. Especially not a production-based car. And once you get much above that, you're just going farther in the wrong direction.

Yes but what you said mean that it does or it doesnt make the car handle better. I mean I can understand if you fit large wheels to a car It may have a detrimental effect on the handling. But what about cars that already have huge ass wheels like the aston martin vanquish, I mean would it handle better with smaller wheel size?

Stop blinding me with racing science please just use laymans terms. I can never remember half of the stuff on those racing terminology pages someone put up once.

Not to mention the concept of the moment of rotational inertia.
what the ??

I would be cheeky enough to suggest thast 90% of buyers of aftermarket wheels are not familiar with the concept of unsprung weight.
eh???

could you explain what these mean? pleeeze :)

Okay - alloy wheels are generally lighter than steel wheels.

So - there is therefore less rotational inertia (ie. less weight) for the motor to overcome to start rotate the wheel - ie. better acceleration and engine response.

Unsprung weight refers to weight that isn't carried by the suspension of your car - ie. outboard suspension components, brakes, wheels and tyres. Since this weight isn't suspended, it's effectively uncontrolled (well, not totally uncontrolled, since a by-product of the suspension keeping your car's body off the road is that it pushes the wheels down.

If you minimise this unsprung weight, it means proportionately more of the vehicle's weight is suspended, and therefore can be controlled by the suspension, leading to better handling.

It's pretty marginal stuff, but there are benefits.

The issue with bigger wheels is mostly a road thing - once you go over about 16-17 inches in wheel size, you lose a lot of tyre wall flex (ie. the tyre wall bending as it hits a bump, cushioning bumps), and consequently, the wheel is more likely to bounce off bumps, so you don't get as consistent a tyre contact patch with the road, so you actually get less grip.

Similar thing happens with tyre width - it's possible to go too far in tyre width, especially with lighter cars. If you think of the size of the tyre contact patch in the context of the car's weight (so, wider tyre means less weight per square inch of contact patch), you can get to a point where grip is actually reduced, because there's too little weight for the width of the tyre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back