GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Needs air brakes all over the body, those fancy future wheels with no tires, a giant strobe for a headlight, 10 exhaust pipes like that Mercedes, and the A-team van paint job as one of the colours.

So we might as well just close this thread then.
No, we might as well keep this one on course.

If everyone posted their random designs then this thread would be worthless, because it wouldn't be about a community VGT, more a million VGTs by the community, which would make it a pointless duplicate of the thread I linked you to (which was started first).

No, we might as well keep this one on course.

If everyone posted their random designs then this thread would be worthless, because it wouldn't be about a community VGT, more a million VGTs by the community, which would make it a pointless duplicate of the thread I linked you to (which was started first).

So, who is allowed to post their random designs in this thread then?

We need to develop various drawings of our own iterations of the GTP VGT. From there, we can begin to start finding the ideal design format and go on from there.

It was implied that those "random" designs were the ideas from the people participating in this thread. I've been using the terms interchangeably as well.
I'll give a clearer definition for you

Sketches and ideas: contributing to the thread. Not really a full car, more ideas to go onto the final car. Of course, the time will probably come for people to show their drawings for a poll for the final base design.
random designs: just a drawing which someone posts here because they put Vision GT on the page. I mean, we have a thread for car drawings, and another one for personal VGT cars. Posting them here, right now when we don't even have a locked down design specification (total reset, remember?) Is pointless.

I think the project is already shelved, honestly after the first 3 pages I saw it going nowhere. Too many people wanted their design to go up. That resulted in too many different ideas and nobody settling on one. The thread was too broad, also. Basically said to people 'post your ideas'. Then evryone kept posting sketches and even useless and joke ones, making good ideas literally get lost the the pages.

So to paraphrase, nobody contributed to the whole project.

Everyone contributed to their project.

I think the project is already shelved, honestly after the first 3 pages I saw it going nowhere. Too many people wanted their design to go up. That resulted in too many different ideas and nobody settling on one. The thread was too broad, also. Basically said to people 'post your ideas'. Then evryone kept posting sketches and even useless and joke ones, making good ideas literally get lost the the pages.

So to paraphrase, nobody contributed to the whole project.

Everyone contributed to their project.

Well, I don't share your opinion about the last phrase, but we don't have to point fingers to each other. At this moment the project is on hold, but I still believe in this community VGT project as I believed in from day 1. It's impossible to satisfy hundreds to thousands of gt fans with a design everybody is happy with, we would never reach our goal on that path of democracy choosing every detail/style and type of engines etc etc. We have to find an average Most Likely VGT with a poll or something, without the chance every Bugatti or Lamborghini (almost everyone contributated in this thread is afraid of that 'monsterous‘ scenario) fanboy is voting for another hyper/supercar.

I don't have the time to collect all the ideas and sketches to 1 or 2 pages as an overview, we can use that for the poll/research form and spread the 'word' over gtplanet and beyond.

I need a update for this page and how far the program is.
Basically Jordan told us to restart so we can create a car that accurately represents the Gtplanet
community. The thread has kind of gone stale since people won't join until there's official word but you're free to make suggestions, ideas, and submit designs

I think we should do what we did in the first place.
Make a poll.
But this poll must be bigger, more detailed (as in, more options)
and most importantly more widespread, the poll should be shared around the world,
but publicly visible on the main page of GTPlanet.
And when we get the official "green light", we can ask the PD to put the link of the poll
on the GT website or even in the game.To get as many people as possible.

I think we should do what we did in the first place.
Make a poll.
But this poll must be bigger, more detailed (as in, more options)
and most importantly more widespread, the poll should be shared around the world,
but publicly visible on the main page of GTPlanet.
And when we get the official "green light", we can ask the PD to put the link of the poll
on the GT website or even in the game.To get as many people as possible.
Good idea but we need the others opinion first, what do you guys think? also if one of you guys join a GT Community on Facebook or any other media, it would be great to share our poll there to get inputs as much as possible. And thank you for all of you that believed in this project although theres no official word yet. Big Respect.

The main problem is that, there is sort of a falling out going on with our group right now, as we have gone back to square 1, which completely threw some people off as a result. So, as stated above, we need to create a new poll regarding the body style, configuration, engine and whatnot again so that we may (hopefully) get ourselves situated.

We need, more, to attract people to this. I mean, it's been said to the point of exhaustion but there's a reason for it.

No point on a new poll if only 12 people will vote for it.

We need, more, to attract people to this. I mean, it's been said to the point of exhaustion but there's a reason for it.

No point on a new poll if only 12 people will vote for it.
I don't have any more ideas on how we can get more people interested on this, do you have one in particular?

I don't have any more ideas on how we can get more people interested on this, do you have one in particular?
Yes.

Either a Complete restart. Delete this thread, and make a new one. Why? Because we need to make it easier for first-time viewers to know what we're doing.

Or

Persevere with this thread but keep it current. I mean, this:

Let's join the party and celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo by creating our own Vision Gran Turismo!

PD have team up with world's most renowned companies and created this event to celebrate GT's anniversary by giving us the great designs of automobile. At this long time period we haven't done something amazing for PD, with the rising of other racing video games, it's time to show them that the fans are here to stay!

Share your design whether it's a drawing or a rendering in this thread for a chance to be the lead designer of this project, design sharing will be closed in 14th December 2014.

Voting time between 15 - 31 December, designer with most vote will get the chance to be the lead designer of this project!

Let the project begin and get creative!

Your ideas will be used, I can assure you it won't be neglected

The poll is closed!, thanks for your participation! :)

Poll Results:
Engine Position : MR
Engine Type : Piston
Stroke Cycles : Two Stroke
Numbers of Cylinders : 4
Cylinder Configuration : V
Fuel : Gasoline/Petrol
Forced Induction : Turbocharged
Transmission : Sequential Manual Transmission
Numbers of Gears : 8 Speed
Car body Type : City Car (AS A SIZE REFERENCE ONLY)
Wheels : 4 Wheels
Tech : Hybrid, and Hopefully Some Other New Groundbreaking Technologies
Interior : Needed
Facebook Group : Needed

Our Facebook group is live! Please join us:
GTP VGT Design Community : https://www.facebook.com/groups/643230295786649/

Due to our ongoing process of negotiation with PD all phase will be postponed until further notice : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ity-designed-vgt.320425/page-53#post-10408707

In this 15 years of Gran Turismo a lot of great things happened and Polyphony Digital celebrated it's game anniversary with a rather special event called Vision Gran Turismo for us the fans to enjoy. I proudly announced and invited all of you in this global community of GTPlanet to join this project in line with the world's most renown companies to create a Vision Concept Car. The more support we get for this project plus a great relationship with the game creator itself the more chance we'll get to see our car in game!

Our main goal is to see our car in the sim-racing game environment of Gran Turismo. Let's show the world what we can do,show our design, our vision of the future. let peoples know we're here, ready to embrace the future of Automobile and Technology for a better world and if we succeed this project i can assure you all that a bigger thing awaits ahead of us. There will come the time when we sit down looking at the screen and say : This is a masterpiece from the fans to the fans, and i'm part of it.
The following Project Roles have been identified as being needed and crucial to the success of the Project. Each Role lists Member Volunteers who have expressed interest in, or have received a nomination from another GTPlanet Member to fill a Position. Send a Private Message to @LosCules24SFA with your interest to fill any Position or if you wish to nominate a GTPlanet Member to a position. Runoff elections will be announced if multiple Members wish to be considered for any single Position. DEADLINE for your APPLYING TO FILL A POSITION or NOMINATION of another GTPlanet Member is Sunday, January 25th 06:00 GMT. Design and CAD Contributor Positions DO NOT Require Nominations, Elections or Deadlines.

Project Founder
- @LosCules24SFA

Project Director - @wvmgmidget (Electable Position)

Process Advisor - @kapnk006 (Electable Position)

Component Design Manager - @kembro (Electable Position)
Component Design Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
- @cgg
- @Latvija27
- @SonicCharmeleon

Aesthetic Design Manager - @787bcgr
Aesthetic Design Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
- @Grandea GTR
- @Nessy
- @grannyshifter
- @KazaMR2
- @YukinoSuzuka
- @eran0004
- @Lucas
- @NixxxoN
- @WhiterunGuard
- @SonicCharmeleon

Electrical Design Manager - (Electable Position)
Electrical Design Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
-

Freehand Sketching Manager - @grannyshifter (Electable Position)
Freehand Sketching Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
- @Nessy
- @787bcgr
- @citroengt1
- @Smurfybug
- @titleguy1

CAD Modelling Manager - @eran0004 (Electable Position)
CAD Modeling Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
- @legacyMACHINE

Software Publication Manager - (Electable Position)

Voting Poll Manager - @wvmgmidget (Electable Position)[/USER]
Project Founder
@LosCules24SFA - The Creator "Idea Guy" who had the idea to launch this Project. :cheers:. Serves as the Primary Public Relations Contact Person for Community Members to voice opinions, express opportunities and concerns related to the Project. Acts as the primary liaison between Project Staff Members and the GTPlanet Community to insure that public communications are released in a consistent manner and concerns from the GTPlanet Community are being addressed by the Project Staff. Manages all content deposited and removed from the Project Vault. Manages communications within and outside of the GTPlanet Website related to the Project.

Project Director

Provides input to Project Staff Members and Design Contributors to insure that the Project is tracking forward on a timely basis. Insures that process, communication, collaboration and conflict resolution issues are being addressed.

Project Advisor

Advises Founder, Director, Managers and Contributors of opportunities to help insure that the highest quality standards as possible are being practiced in all aspects of the Project Process. Collects input from the Community related to the Project Process and reports back to the Project Founder and Director for opportunities to improve the Process.

Car Component Design Manager

Lead Component Designer. No CAD or Sketching Skills required. Leads Mechanical Component and Mechanical Technology Design efforts and insures that all Contributors' input and Voter Polling Results is fairly represented within the Project.

Car Aesthetic Design Manager

@787bcgr - Lead Aesthetic Designer. The Winner of the Car Aesthetic Design Poll. Leads Car Aesthetic Design and Graphic Design efforts and insures that the "spirit and vision" of their winning Car Aesthetic Design is being maintained during the Project. Insures that all Aesthetic Design Contributors' input and Polling Results are fairly represented within the Project.

Voting Poll Manager

Manages all Voting Polls in the community. Publishes Polls, tally's Poll results, insures that Poll results are deposited in the Project Vault.

Freehand Sketching Manager

Strong Freehand Sketching Skills Req'd. This is a Non-Designer Position. Executes freehand sketches as directed by Component, Aesthetic and Electrical Design Managers. Creates freehand sketches for presentation to the Community and in Voting Polls.

Car Electrical Systems Manager

Lead Electrical Systems Designer. No CAD or Sketching Skills required. Leads Electrical Component and Electrical Technology Design efforts to insure that all Electrical Systems Contributors' input and Polling results is fairly represented within the Project.

CAD Modeling Manager

Lead CAD Modeler. CAD Skills required. This is a Non-Designer Position. Role is to insure that all Component and Aesthetic Design elements are executed accurately in CAD Models suitable for release to the selected Software Publisher.

Registered Component, Aesthetic, Electrical, CAD Contributors
Reports to the respective Design Manager. Role is to contribute via the Public Thread all relevant aspects of the Car's design and development. At this time there is no limit to the # of Contributors that can participate in the Project.

Car Software Publication Manager

Serves as the primary liaison between Software Publishers, Project Staff Members and GTPlanet Staff on all matters related to the software publication of the Car. This person's primary goal is to reach out to, and get the car published in a major motorsports simulation title. Would need to possess strong verbal skills. Would not need to currently have contacts in the Industry, but would need polished, critical, research and networking skills. Ability to collaborate with strangers via email, social networking, etc., and ultimately would be able to speak on a phone with strangers in a professional manner. Multi-lingual skills not required.
We have identified the following steps as critical to the success of the Project:

Phase 1 PROJECT PLANNING

1.1 Planning - Volunteer Job Creation, Nominations and Elections
Nominations and Election of Project Director, Project Advisor, Component Design Manager, Voting Poll Manager, Freehand Sketching Manager, CAD Modeling Manager, Software Publication Manager. Ongoing registration of Contributors.
1.2 Staff Elections (if necessary)
1.3 Voting Poll #1
1.4 Project Planning - Project Phased Process Plan Refinement and Finalization

Phase 2 SOFTWARE PUBLISHER DEVELOPMENT

2.1 Research - Identify and Evaluate Project Sponsor Interest, Needs and Requirements
2.2 Research - Identify and Evaluate Software Publisher Interest, Needs and Requirements
2.3 Research - Community Poll to determine interest in which Software Publisher is most desirable to pursue
2.4 Voting Poll #2

Phase 3 CAR COMPONENT DESIGN

3.1 Component Ideation
3.2 Voting Polls COMPLETE
3.3 Component Revision - Voting Poll to determine interest to revise current "locked in" component design specifications
3.4 Voting Poll #3
3.5 Component Revision, Refinement and Addition - Chassis Type and Size, Occupant Capacity and Position(s), # of Wheels, # of Doors and Type, Power PlantType & Location, Electrical Control Systems, Drivetrain, Transmission, Carburetion
3.6 Voting Polls #4 - #6
3.7 Component Refinement - Suspension, Mirrors, Cockpit Gauges & Control Systems, Dashboard, Seats
3.8 Voting Polls #7 - #9
3.9 Component Finalization
3.10 Voting Poll #10
3.11 Component Design Complete

Phase 4 CAR AESTHETIC DESIGN

4.1 Aesthetic Sketching Ideation - Body
4.2 Voting Polls Complete
4.3 Aesthetic Sketching Refinement #1 - Body
4.4 Voting Polls #11 - #13
4.5 Aesthetic Sketching Refinement #2 - Hood, Roof, Wheels, Tires, Front Grill, Front Aero, Headlamps, Exterior Mirrors
4.6 Voting Polls #14 - #16
4.7 Aesthetic Sketching Refinement #3 - Tail Lamps, Rear Aero, Steering Wheel, Dashboard, Gauges, Interior Mirrors
Voting Polls #17 - #19
4.8 Aesthetic Sketching Finalization
4.9 Voting Poll #20
4.10 Aesthetic Design Complete

Phase 5 CAR CAD Modeling

5.1 3D CAD Database Execution - 3D CAD construction of car based on Phase 4.10 results

Phase 6 CAR BRANDING

6.1 Car Naming
6.2 Voting Poll #21
6.3 2D Graphics Ideation - Body Colors, Textures, Graphics
6.4 Voting Poll #22

Phase 7 CAR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

7.1 CAD Database Collaboration with selected Software Publisher

Phase 8 CAR SOFTWARE PUBLICATION

8.1 Car Software Publication Release to Public

Project End
Content

Content

Content

Content

Content

Content

Content

View attachment 264283

@Jordan
@wvmgmidget , @ItGivesYouWings , @NixxxoN , @Stylel_Code , @Gt4lover , @MadEpicBadger , @Eks , @kembro , @eran0004 , @Ryk , @SonicCharmeleon , @787bcgr , @Latvija27 , @IneedSchool , @Giygas , @MatskiMonk , @Brutaka , @Sir Bacon , @TeamCZRRacing , @kogunenjou , @CLowndes888 , @grannyshifter , @Monatsende , @Lucas , @citroengt1 , @thestig11 , @Robbks , @05XR8 , @lGNAl , @pete2783 , @Nessy , @YukinoSuzuka , @TacoParty , @smskeeter23 , @DCybertron , @Aussie_HSV , @sk8er913 , @WhiterunGuard , @iName , @kolio123 , @NW48 , @Downhill Dino , @The Stig Farmer , @chrisspeed281 , @Nuschel01 , @Smurfybug , @fortbo , @KazaMR2 ,@KinLM , @NoizeboyMugen , @SchumiF399 , @Dr Fourtrack , @RedDragon , @MXHyland , @xZAMGMarmite , @MOPARbarrett5 , @VBR , @Jose Frias , @GranTurismo916 , @Shahar , @masterrawad , @sirjim73 , @TheProRacer , @mandj854 , @ProjectWHaT , @hsv , @Ferrari2430 , @Pootis , @ukfan758 , @MrUnknown , @Rzzz , @Jimmy_Pop , @nascarfan1400 , @lTwiSparkle , @raven214 , @Nico_Ble99 , @Chameleon9000 , @SCER , @Lubeify100 , @vasiliflame , @sparkytooth , @Smuttysy , @FrzGT , @Naveek Darkroom , @Gerarghini , @SirJac , @SomePlayaDude , @Whodoyouthink , @Kurei , @legacyMACHINE , @Gejabo , @lldantell , @HBR-Roadhog , @FerrariFXX 07 , @BOSS_335 , @MonGnoM , @meek , @RACECAR , @mistersafeway , @AudiMan2011 , @GranTurismo guy , @pokemonfan58, @Dagger311, @enricmaria7 , @Soulfresh_ACV , @acedition333 , @Ken Koios , @Thomas2012 , @TwinTurbo LM , @CallmeDan , @MrUnknown , @DJTHEKING , @Polsixe , @MOTORTRENDmitch , @bocowes , @titleguy1 , @Niku Driver HC @Grandea GTR , @mrnascar242424 , @ElementRacer , @RobbiefromBC , @Il_Conte_Sky , @Lugi907, @CowboyAce57

Guys we're currently doing a VGT project and i tag all of you that posted or liked a post in this thread or my previous thread called Vision GT vs Red Bull X Cars now i'm pretty sure all of you love the VGT event and with this many people i'm pretty sure that we can put our future car in game so what do you guys think? Should we finish this project or not?

Has been left pretty much as was, and is now invalid after the restart. It also wasn't too informative for a first time viewer, who is just seeing invalid info and a bunch of tagged members (Why I do not know). Then trawling the thread doesn't help, as people are doing all sorts of different things at once with a lack of order and direction, and people then ask where we are, only to be given a lot of different (and sometimes contradicting) info. This will put many people off so the first post needs to be very informative or we need a new thread.

We also need to promote it more. People having it in their signatures, maybe and trying to get it into the GTP community spotlight (I'm sure T12 will be happy to do so) will increase exposure and more will join the project from that exposure. The increase in activity will most likely snowball as more people notice the thread in the "Recent posts" section.

It's an idea, but I do think it needs to be thoroughly thought through by everyone who has took the time to read this.

This is what i recommend we must do:
Keep this thread for details and as an archive for our sketches and future sketches.
Then open a new thread, in my opinion should be named, The GTPlanet Vision Gran Turismo
that will be used for polls and discussion for the car from ground up.

Most importantly still remains the way we will spread the thread, how will people find about this.
Now my first idea about linking the page on the GTP main page and in the GT6 game still remains in my
mind the best way, BUT, the Community Spotlight is not a bad start.
It would get as on the main page, where most people go daily, and we would get noticed more.

So, keep this thread, open a fresh new one, and get under the Community Spotlight for a better start.

Now my first idea about linking the page on the GTP main page and in the GT6 game still remains in my
mind the best way,
I'd say it isnt a good way to go, I mean the news screen is normally skipped through but community spotlight gets a lot of attention.

Maybe pinning to the GT6 forum's main page, or it's own news story but a simple link might not work well.

Then open a new thread, in my opinion should be named, The GTPlanet Vision Gran Turismo
Pretty much this. I mean the current title isnt very engaging.

Honestly I think editing the first post in order to avoid confusion would suffice. However someone (or several) comb through this thread to find the existing ideas and archive them. There is no need to create a new thread (plus the fact the staff dislikes duplicate threads). Until there is confirmation from Polyphony Digital this project will never fully take off even with the full support of the staff at GTPlanet.

Back