GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking at the VGT cars, basic shape like that is nothing surreal. Something very close, guys close to 30 should know what it is:
road_leon__red_fury_turbo__5_0_by_dejin_art-d60wplq.jpg
Seems like something from Tatsunoko.

@YukinoSuzuka that's actually a brilliant idea but how do we determine the restrictions? Or is it totally up to them?

Well, I think it's completle free to the one that has won the previous round. If somebody set a redicilous restriction and nothing to do for a VGT, it's up to the contributors to turn the silly restriction into their advantage with a good motivation !

Update;

Yesterday I'd a big crash with my computer. All my work in Rhino from the past months is corrupted now and can't open it anymore, so my model to create holograpic lightning, isn't there anymore too. Bummer.. really big bummer.

Well, from what'd in mind, is a kind of laser taillight. There are laserpens with tiny figures you can buy as a pet toy.. or other lenses to annoy your parents.. I never had a laserpen that could make this wall of smilies. Would liked to see my dad's face when he was watching football :D
201412081042208903.JPG

Like most people know, those lasers are best to watch with hase, fog or smoke.
With a small water reservoir you can create a very tiny curtain of fog/smoke between the main bodypanel and the end of the rear wing (where the laserlight can be placed on verious positions and out of sight at the whole design of the car.The water reservoir could be a small cylinder behind each wheelhousing and can be automatically refilled by the water that comes from the tires/ground.

With the red laser for the usual tail lights, orange/yellow the idicators or heavy braking and with green arrow 'free to pass' light on the side of the car your opponents may pass you.
At the front of the car I see the same technique above the windsplitter. With blue laserlight it's also possible to replace the blue flag for 'there's a faster car behind you'.

Edit : Reminds me of an old idea to use blacklight as an extra lighting system in the night, where the white stripes (Tummm...Tum tum Tum Tum... Tummm) will light up far ahead of your car. Would like to see that too in GT, ins't it? :dopey:

Last edited:
Neat idea, the old 80's F1 when the big wings would generate a venturi swirl of condensed water vapour from out of thin air was iconic. (I think you may also have seen it on the wing tips of jet fights when they pull a few high G turns.)

Creating a "glowing cloud streamer" Great idea YukinoSuzuka.

Hey guys don't know if you already read the latest interview with Kaz but the GTP Team have asked what's the parameter for GTP to build a VGT, the think we mainly need is to pioneer a never before seen technology, like the laser light (i just understood how it works, i think it's a great tech) so tell us even your craziest ideas.

With that i'm thinking, let's do a complete redo of our project even changing the thread's name but keep the Phased Project Plan and Organization stucture. Perhaps open some thread on different forum category (but it have to fit the category) to contain ideas so it wouldn't get burried under new posts, we'll do it more neat and organize than before. Let's show ourproffesionality and seriousness cause i think we got a good shot at this!

Last edited:
Agreed, we need some bright new ideas, something never done before or alike.
That would certainly put us in motion.

Anyone got any ideas?
I've got one, though it's not really ground breaking.
How about disc brakes which are cooled by sucking air out trough the back of the wheel?
This way, there is constant cold air blowing on the discs, and we can electronically setup
the air pump activation.This allows you not to over heat or over cool your brakes.
Here is a quick sketch.It could also be applied on electric motors.
Disc brake cooling with air pump.jpg

My craziest idea is from a few years back, to make something like a frogcar.

Based on this idea :

What you'll get is a small narrow car, maybe a 2 persons vehicle like the Carver or VW XL1
While your accelerate, the rear wheels goes a bit wider, front wheels keep their narrow position, a bit of cmber for a stable drivers feeling (and not a copy of the front wheels at the DeltaWing cars). Tires on the car should be more like from a motorcycle (very round edges and almost no walls, instead of the original car tire, square shaped from the front/back view and (too much) wallsyou don't need.
While braking, the frontwheels are will push outside and will take position iwth 0% camber, for the most grip. While cornering the wheels in the outside of the corner will push theirselfs away from the cockpit for the most grip. With active suspension it is also possible to tilt the cockpits position like the carver.

Great idea to find more craziest idea's maybe this is a bit simplier than we had in mind this far. Just make some awesome drawings/concepts and let the community choose for the best concept, best design, most epic/original idea and most realistic (not too magically powered cars by the poo of waps or my boyfriends parfum).
From my opinion every detail/technique should be motivated with clear and logically given reasons to choose this idea/concept.

Alright! I'm seeing great ideas, keep 'end coming guys, I'll try to save every ideas from now on so it wouldn't be forgotten, also please include your reason why we should pursue the idea. When the time comes I hope we could consult with a professional to choose the best ideas we should incorporate into our design. Let's make this into a little competition!

@YukinoSuzuka
I am not sure if i got you right, but what you propose is to have
a car with wheels that are able to move their position?
So like a hydraulic arms holding the wheels, while connected to a body.
Hmm...Very nice!

Quick sketch of how i see your idea @YukinoSuzuka ...sort of.
Hydraulic flexible car frame.png

@YukinoSuzuka
I am not sure if i got you right, but what you propose is to have
a car with wheels that are able to move their position?
So like a hydraulic arms holding the wheels, while connected to a body.
Hmm...Very nice!

Quick sketch of how i see your idea @YukinoSuzuka ...sort of.
View attachment 399957

:D Almost. No, not an flexible frame...I think that looks ridiculous and has no function.. I was more thinking of telescoped wishbones yesterday, after I posted the idea about the frogcar I was figuring out how to accomplishe this idea for the best. When the upper wishbone is increasing his length and the lowerwishbone a bit more, you get a tilted wheel like we speak about camber. And the steering could also be in the wishbone hydraulics.. That would give the car a very clean design.

And just now I was thinking, for this drivetrain/project it's most effective to get a 4 wheel powered car (electric) but then we've a technique we allready know. What about a traditional engine and that powers the 4 wheels? The engine has to be compact and giving high performance as a generator, most logical a rotary engine that would be.

Oh my oh my...dreaming is so much fun this way... :D:tup:

Jet fighters had to compromise between supersonic flight and low speed functionality - the mechanical solution was a swing wing concept.
Having the front wheels on Arms that could swing forward (Low profile like the Delta wing) but when you need to corner they deploy - both open out wide - allowing the car to turn and not flip over.
It would need a very strong front suspension and a pantograph (I think that is what I mean) layout so no matter how close to the cars centreline the wheels are pointing forward.

The hydro/pneumatic Mechanism that powers this variable width front track could be "free floating" in the nose of the car and have the effect of a mass damper making the suspension needs of the car much reduced as it helps to flatten out the bumps in the road surface. (Rather than the whole front of the car bounce up and down the large mass absorbs the bumps, like the free floating drum in a washing machine.)

Animal imagery - At speed front wheels out forward like a Greyhound/ Cheetah / Horse running and full gallop reaching forward for the next step. Long, low and sleek.

In a corner the car "Sits up" the front wheels out wide like a Silverback Gorilla or a Big Bulldog. A solid beast that is ready to attack the corner and tear chunks out of the apex.

---

Just an old idea thrown out.
Keep the creative energy flowing

Agreed, we need some bright new ideas, something never done before or alike.
That would certainly put us in motion.

Anyone got any ideas?
I've got one, though it's not really ground breaking.
How about disc brakes which are cooled by sucking air out trough the back of the wheel?
This way, there is constant cold air blowing on the discs, and we can electronically setup
the air pump activation.This allows you not to over heat or over cool your brakes.
Here is a quick sketch.It could also be applied on electric motors.
View attachment 399850

This may work well in combination with a turbine style rim sucking air out from the undertray. Keen on seeing a super-strong and lightweight material like a Graphenium (Graphene/ titanium) composite that can also store energy like a super capacitor for rapid recharge and discharge.

How about a car whose main focus is weight and aerodynamics, say being able to go over 200mph with only about 200-300 horsepower.

I like the idea, but to be earnest, this idea would really work if you put it to the extreme... As less power/performance is possible on a car never seen that light(weight) before. Like a Radical-kind of- car for example. A weight under the 400kg mark and about the power you subscribed.. Maybe it's possible to cut that weight with again 100kg and with the same amount of power/performance.. But when you look to an original Caterham Seven, you've plenty of fun with only 125 bhp.

I like the idea, but to be earnest, this idea would really work if you put it to the extreme... As less power/performance is possible on a car never seen that light(weight) before. Like a Radical-kind of- car for example. A weight under the 400kg mark and about the power you subscribed.. Maybe it's possible to cut that weight with again 100kg and with the same amount of power/performance.. But when you look to an original Caterham Seven, you've plenty of fun with only 125 bhp.
Possibly with the use of developing/ never before used technologies. Something that makes the car pure and unique.

In the topic of new inventions, @YukinoSuzuka mentioned this way back. It was overlooked, and like everything else, got lost in the pages.

To be honest, I've an idea of a new type of rotary engine for years now. Maybe this is the time to share my idea with you guys...

Ford-Gum-12-Inch-Junior--pTRU1-9205192dt.jpg

Inspired by a gumball-machine, where the coin is the fuel and the gumball is the spark, you'll have to turn it 360 degrees for a single stroke. Like that, I designed a simple engine construction (a while ago, the render is just from today because this thread), build up with different engine sides (like a cylinder head, but than more like 'shoulders') and slices to take engines easier apart en build them up again (or to 'tune' them with increasing the number of engine slices + longer shafts).

untitled2014-12-0322174100000.png

untitled2014-12-0322353200000.png

untitled2014-12-0322425900000.png

A few images about the idea, very basic now. But I have to be carefull with promises, very busy at wok this month. I can't promise to work the idea out to a more realistic engine. Small explanation.
In a single engine slice, each roll (part of the shaft) has his own unique position. Numbered the rolls in clockwise position, each roll is turned 135 (90 + 45 degree) degrees from the 'previous' roll position.

To have an unique roll position, each engine slice with the best fuel > power production, I think the second 'roll' in a single shaft is changed 60 degrees CCW. So the third roll on the first shaft is rotated 120 degrees compared with the first roll.

1 'roll' or dish in better English (??) has 2 identical gaps, with I believe, a realistic shape that could work with fuel injection and the fuel explosion afterwards. Roll-chambers can be excluded in 'economic' mode, and in racemodus maybe a little more fuel/air for a bigger explosion + all rolls in action.

Sorry if my English is worse... it was a long day at work, but really wanted to share this with you all. Tomorrow the same day as today.. From 8:00 am till 8 Pm. :indiff:

Last edited:
Update on the Sevestro Krypton

For the past few weeks I have been messing around with blender and getting to know it and about 1.5 weeks ago I have started modeling my Krypton VGT in blender. So far I have finished modeling the front middle part. Doesn't look that great yet but I'll mess around with the lightning at the very end before rendering the whole car and there will also be some changes to polish the design a little bit. For now I have this.

BuRexSb.png

dx8nEBq.png

Should our VGT be all about driving pleasure, following the philosophy of the Mazda MX-5? You don't need massive power outputs so I say that we really focus on why we love driving and create a car that reflects it. Implementation of future tech to further this would be ideal, although maintaining the emotions you get when driving a car is the highest priority in my mind.

Latest Posts

Back