Letter to ACO about BMW M3 absence

• Thread starter Fogelhund
  • 0 comments
Originally posted at IMSA forum

Periodically, we seem to come back to the debate about the exclusion of BMW from IMSA/ALMS due to the ACO regs.

While we can't agree on the reasoning, and the importance of the influences in the decision making, we can agree that we all wish that PTG was racing in IMSA with his M3's. (At least we can thank him for racing in SWC GT).

I can't recall that much has ever been done, or said about this.

My suggestion is that we as a group, send the ACO emails requesting that they correct the situation.

If you wish to copy this to your favourite website forum, and encourage others to write the ACO, feel free to do so.

This is what I have sent.

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to you in regards to the injust restrictors with your regulations for the 3.2 litre BMW M3.

It is with great disappointment that you are running your 24 hour race with the exclusion of BMW. Additionally, many fans are very disappointed that BMW continues to be misrepresented in the American LeMans Series.

The Prototype Technology Group, of Virginia USA, would have been more then willing to campaign a 3.2 litre I6 BMW, had the present restrictor been modified to allow them to be competitive.

I want, and many other fans want to see the PTG BMW M3's back in the ALMS and indeed racing at LeMans itself.

LeMans, and the American LeMans series is about many things, including great diversity. This diversity is devalued by the absence of the this great car from the grids. Please take the necessary steps to see that this issue does not continue into 2004.

Thank You.

If you are not feeling creative, feel free to cut and paste this, and email your comments to.....

webmaster@lemans.org

Back