Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

Did Sony forced them to monetize this, lol. It's a very odd paid DLC with all the cars, tracks, single player campaign they've been releasing for free for the last 2 years.
The Time Trial is still released for "free", it's just an "option" to buy.:lol::sly:;)

Anyway, $11 in Australian currency, is less than buying a Hungry Jacks large Whopper meal. That only lasts for a few minutes. The Time Trial and being able get up to 100mil Cr, lasts as long as any one player plays the game. Good value there.

Some questions coming:
- I am good enough to this challenge, and send money into?
- What sort of reward cars? A sort of "GT6 15th anniversary" special livery? (without me, in this case)

One thing sure:
- Personnaly, the 100M credits cap is not an interesting add. With only 2.5M or 3M, you have the majority of GTS cars. In my case, I would like the XJ13 and Cobra Daytona, I save the credits, and bought its.
- But this cap is on a paid dlc, and the 100M cap will attract players want to have more 20M.

It's the first time I'm not sure about a Gran Turismo dlc. It will depend of the reward cars.

You know... I might still get it. As a sort of "tip" to Polyphony Digital. I used to buy paint DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2, and even if I ended up not using them, since I bought the game for cheap it was a good way to keep supporting the developers for a game I kept playing and enjoying. Like "hey, this may not be a lot, but thanks, keep it going."

Of course, that's if it's not too expensive.
Right exactly. With the consistent free content updates we get, and especially considering Laguna Seca is on the way, I wouldn't mind spending a bit on the game that's provided me the best online racing environment I've experienced. And I bought the game used for like $20. So I'll probably pick it up.

So we're essentially paying for a bunch of time trials, a higher credit cap and some cosmetically upgraded version of an existing in-game car.

Yeah that doesn't speak good value

I imagine they're trying to find other ways to monetize in order to keep providing free DLC cars and tracks, which is what actually costs the most to produce.

That's not how things work Poly. Instead of selling the new Porsche Taycan as a paid DLC (it's a new car, no problem), they want us to buy a serie of time trials. Just no.

I mean, why would you want them to charge for DLC cars that are currently free instead of some time trials and single player-only upgrades? This is better for us as consumers. I care more about the cars and tracks.

Could take it or leave it.

But I will take it as it’s an efficient way for me to reward PD for the free monthly DLC. TBH, I’d pay a fiver to watch this weekends FIA finals (not that I’m suggesting they do it!). It’s just an example of the wider work that PD are now doing that I enjoy.

Looking forward to the Gr.3 Mazda and (probably crazy) Lamborghini.

Unless you're capable of matching those times, you're paying to run time trials you can run yourself in game already and fail to reach the top times, so either way you wont get rewarded, but to want to pay for it on top, is just perverse. Wanting to tip PD is almost cultish behaviour.

I'm grateful it's not an extremely desirable DLC, so I'll pass on this one..

But those who have more disposable income should perhaps consider purchasing the DLC just as a means of supporting the game and thanking for all the free DLC we've gotten over the past two years..

Seems pretty reasonable as a one off purchase. In most 'F2P' games a credit cap increase is part of a monthly subscription which is often more than £7 a month on it's own. OK GTS isn't a F2P but after 2 years of free updates it's not that unreasonable.

Although the suggestion that the unique car is essentially a reskin rather than something new is a bit of a bummer, but take into account a game like world of warships where a single new ship can be £15-£80.

I’m not even sure I would bother with this DLC if it was free. There are just not enough incentives to bother judging by what has been announced.

It kinda pains me though, as I really want to support PD for everything they’ve done to enhance GT Sport, but it has to make sense.

People want 20M credits limit to be removed and pd gives it as a reward for completing all challenges full gold in a paid dlc. Also im sure challenges wont be easy peasy for an average gt sport player.

According to news Brand Hatch GP gold reward is 1.24.000 with racing hard tyres. However we dont know if the bop is enabled or Amg Gt3 100/100 power and weight. 1.24.000 is challenging with bop.

Last edited:
Which technically makes it "Pay this amount to achieve what could be an impossible challenge just to have more in-game money".

Not the most sensible way to monetize DLC as far I can tell and it isn't made better by the fact that the other content is just cosmetics and slight tweaks to existing content (which I am willing to bet can easily be done in tuning and the livery editor.)
One of those post race interviews of Lewis, shows an AMG GT in the background on a trailer(?) or show stand. It has raised letter Pirelli tyres. From what I saw, didn't look like the GT3 car. If it's the AMG GT S, that'd be an option we can't do in livery editor. Would be nice if we could have that option in LE.

Last edited:
People want 20M credits limit to be removed and pd gives it as a reward for completing all challenges full gold in a paid dlc. Also im sure challenges wont be easy peasy for an average gt sport player.
Assuming they're set on RHs, those are top ~100 times.
Credit limit is a trivial thing as it only affects those who want to hoard/save credits. That's probably one of the few things PD could charge for and get away with. They "can't" sell cars/tracks.

I really am questioning how people are so willing to accept what is, at least from what I read, effectively monetized time trials, cosmetics (Which can likely be recreated in-game via the livery Editor as I demonstrated with the Stealth cars, Chrome cars and 15th Anniversary cars) and something that could've easily implemented in the game for free instead of put behind a paywall (Raising the credit cap). As someone who already has all the 20 million credit cars, I technically shouldn't be all that bothered. However, this doesn't feel like good value to me for the reasons I posted above. Hell, this all could've been part of a series of seasonal-esque themed events to go along with the regular ones we have, but its behind a silly paywall. Even as a Hamilton fan and a longtime GT player, I am really struggling to find what value there is in this. Yes it isn't Battlefront 2 levels of bad or Bethesda levels of broken logic (because a $100 subscription service for what has apparently been deemed a broken game, on top of some super aggressive merch pushing, is totally what people asked for), but this doesn't scream "great deal" to me.

:confused: I’m kinda conflicted on this, on one side I would like to support PD with extra money but if this DLC sells well it could push them to make all future game updates monetized, and that’s the last thing I would like to happen.

I may be in a minority but I’m all for paying maybe the price of a pint for what looks like good fun, plus it will have global leaderboards and friends times to compare how cack I am, so yeah..as a nod to PD for all the free content we’ve had since game launch then I’m all for this :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back