Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

I'm not interested in this type of paid DLC. I would prefer NISMO car pack, or RUF car pack or tracks like they did in GT5.

That is terrific and the support has been wonderful by PD. I know what you're getting at, and as I said, I have no problem with paying for proper DLC but this is not that.

Had PD brought premium DLC with multiple new to the series cars I would have bought it all. What they are offering here is dreadful.

And it's 100% to think this is useless content and not buy it. That's the beauty of DLC content like this. It's for those that want it and those that doesn't care won't be punished for not buying. They may lose a few threads to post in on GT planet but that's it

They said there would be no micro transactions in GTS multiple times. You can make a case that the ones currently in game are not technically micro transactions because you can get the cars another way, but if the Project 44 car is locked behind that mtx, then yes, they broke their comment.
this is DLC microtransactions are in game purchases for currency or loot boxes etc

English translation:

This month's update will introduce the Lewis Hamilton Challenge. It is mysterious that Lewis is the other party, and it is the one that motivation comes out, and it is sure to be able to enjoy a serious time trial after a long time.
(Yeah the translation is not great)

As expected, it will be as part of an update. So maybe the update is paid, maybe not.

Had PD brought premium DLC with multiple new to the series cars I would have bought it all. What they are offering here is dreadful.

Though I will probably buy it I agree it's not "worth" it alone, but look at it like this, the people who pay for this are subsidizing the continued FREE TO ALL content in the game, that everyone gets to enjoy. Track/car DLC introduces player segregation and I don't think that's a good thing. PD have been going out of their way to not unduly penalise people who don't have extra money to chuck at the game, and I can respect that choice.

They said there would be no micro transactions in GTS multiple times. You can make a case that the ones currently in game are not technically micro transactions because you can get the cars another way, but if the Project 44 car is locked behind that mtx, then yes, they broke their comment.

Even if they initially said no MTX, that isn't the same as saying no paid DLC ever... Majority of this forum even expected them to eventually stop the free monthly tracks and cars and switch over to charging for them, but PD actually kept releasing them for free for two years now and still ongoing. In fact we had no idea there would even be free DLC when the game launched back in Oct 2017.

Last edited:
Not really. Buying the paid DLC will only encourage them to make more of the DLC paid in the future.

I disagree. PD know that other titles charge, out of the gate, for new content. PD also know how many active users there are and how they respond to updates in terms of interaction. They also have the same data for when Gran Turismo had paid DLC car/track packs before... if, after 2 years, charging for DLC cars etc. is what they wanted, they'd do it. As I stated in the post above yours, PD appear to be doing as much as possible to avoid splitting what assets people have access to based on real world currency.

Don't forget that cars and tracks cost quite big money between programming and licenses fees.
So I understand more that they make paid DLC packs with cars and tracks instead 10 time trials..
No one is saying they are free to make. What people are saying, and what you seem to be missing, is that a silly dlc like this one costing money is a hell of a lot better than locking tracks and cars behind paywalls.
Major reason this dlc upsets people is because it's not something they want. They see no value in it. What they should be seeing is that the people who would buy it no matter what, are helping keep the things we do want, free

Last edited:
I think they should focus on other aspects of the game...LIKE BEING ABLE TO SAVE CAMPAIGN MODE AND ACCESS BRAND CENTRAL OFFLINE!!!

Not a fan of GT jumping on the modern day DLC money making bandwagon. Can't play offline in a game I paid for and now I have to purchase a DLC to unlock a credit cap? Talk about ********.

So funny reading everyone's comments. So here PD has been nice enough to give everyone all this free content for the past two years. Now for the first time there will be some paid DLC for GTS and all you hear is you must be stupid or a fool to buy it.

Guess what your not entitled to get everything for free. So instead you act like children and call all those people who will buy the DLC stupid fools because your feelings are hurt. Grow up!!

Myself along with many others will find it very cool to have the opportunity in challenging ourselves against one of the best race car drivers in the world in a Gran Turismo video game.(How cool is that) Not like you, me or anyone else will ever get that opportunity in a real race car.

So I guess you feel talented enough that nothing can be learned from the Lewis Hamilton Time Trials so that's why your on a forum calling other people fools why he is out winning real Championships and making the big money.

So why your to cheap to buy some DLC and support a franchise that's given you free content for the past two years a lot of us are not. Plus those of us who buy the DLC will get to learn something about racing that absolutely nobody here has the skill level to teach us because I sure the hell don't see anyone else here who has won six F1 Championships.

Guess what your not entitled to get everything for free. So instead you act like children and call all those people who will buy the DLC stupid fools because your feelings are hurt. Grow up!!

It's funny, because you tell anyone that is criticizing this to grow up, than you post this gem.

So why your to cheap to buy some DLC and support a franchise that's given you free content for the past two years a lot of us are not.

People have their own reasons for liking/buying or disliking/not buying this DLC and I've seen quite a bit of childishness coming from both sides. Your post is no exception and perhaps if you want others to "grow up" you should do the same. Just because someone doesn't think something is worth the price, no matter how little it may be, doesn't mean they are being cheap.

Edit: Also, nobody forced PD to give all that content away, so nobody should feel obligated to repay them.

I am a bit confused about this dlc. The video's will probably be put on youtube and the times and events can be recreated. So it doesn't really add any real value.

But because of the great support and free updates of the game i wouldn't mind buying it to show support for pd. I am only hoping that doesnt send the wrong signal to pd if a lot of people do the same and we end up with more or similar dlc while the time and effort could be better spend elsewhere?

Whoa. First world problems in here...

Buying it day one as I've done everything else and want a new challenge plus it's a bit like the last couple of GT's where the time trial's came with a reward. Good cars and track combos are another plus too but I see it as a niche type DLC. I've seen DRD and C drive (sorry:crazy:) and likely limited value to them so I'm looking at the payment as a sort of monetary tip to PD. Known them 20 years and they've always delivered an entertaining product. Simple as that really.

If there's one thing that puts me off about this paid DLC is if the the payouts are repeatable instead of the old gold and gone method. The credit cap makes me laugh though. I've hit 15 million once in two years so I wouldn't mind paying for a tough challenge if it's a credit earner.

Back