Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

I'd bet the Lewis Challenges are on hard tyres. The time trials we have now are always on hards and is the default daily race tyre, so would be surprised if its anything else.

From the testing you've done that also sounds like the gold time would be a suitably hard challenge.

AND

That's about the right level to pitch it at to make it an achievable target to beat, but far from being easy.

So I had a test session yesterday trying the LH Dragon Trail challenge, and I'm afraid :) this ^^^ is spot on.

Started with the BoPped AMG but that car is too slow imo. After three laps I switched BoP off and was down to 37.3 after about 25 minutes.
To beat Lewis' run took me many many miles more though and it really needed "my perfect lap" to get a 1.36.985.
I've asked myself what he will do on tracks he's more comfortable with like Suzuka or Nür GP :scared: ...
Anyway, I think it's safe to say these missions will be Arcade Mode / stock AMG on RH tires.

I'll sure buy this DLC - I'm looking forward to challenges where you don't get your reward presented on a silver tray 👍 !
Curious about what Lewis' advice and tips will be. I'm hoping for something really useful that is a good bit above Jeff Gordon level :lol:.

Seriously? We're supposed to beat a 6 time Formula One World Champion at a game where he "has four GT Sport racing rigs and spends his winters alternating between skiing and Gran Turismo"?
You won't have to beat him in order to complete his challenges, there will be some slower times to achieve in order to get gold, silver and bronze, I believe.

After the GT5 negative experience I would be against any form of paid DLC, but to be honest after two (and more) years of FREE updates and the massive improvement (except the penalty sistem) the game received I think that the (little) cost for this update is not so bad ...

I recently start a new game in my GTExD board profile so the possibility to boost the credits incame is interesting ... :sly:

Check my profiles stats in the signature below ...

IR

Devil's advocate here..
unless it sets a negative precedent and we start paying $2 dollars for two cars/liveries in the sequel if this sells well..

Devil's advocate here..
unless it sets a negative precedent and we start paying $2 dollars for two cars/liveries in the sequel if this sells well..

I know, this is the risk we are having..
I hope that PD had learned the lesson of GT5..

IR

You won't have to beat him in order to complete his challenges, there will be some slower times to achieve in order to get gold, silver and bronze, I believe.
I hope you're right.
I think I'll wait and see how the challenges are received by contributors to this forum before I dive in...

I hope you're right.
I think I'll wait and see how the challenges are received by contributors to this forum before I dive in...

He is, look at this screenshot from the gran turismo website:

Attachments

• i1JuweP3ivfREuH.jpg
    i1JuweP3ivfREuH.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 71
He is, look at this screenshot from the gran turismo website:
Brilliant! I take it all back; I'll be jumping in on day one.

My first impression was that it was going to be like taking on Mo Farrah in a 5,000m race, trying to beat Phil 'The Power" Taylor at a game of darts or beating Marc Marquez in a MotoGP race!

How about if PD raises the price of the next GT tenfold so no one buys it.
That's as rediculous as your request. It's a measley $10 bucks, big deal, most people spend more than that buying a drink for themselves and their significant other when going out. Does anyone not understand the entertainment value of the stuff they buy? With the time I invested into GTS the last 2 years it probably costs less than 1 penny per minute.

It's the principle, paying for hot laps and a higher money amount I'd rather pay for content, oh and FYI I bough the the collectors edition of GT5, GT6 and GTSport.

I can't help but to think that I'd rather see some more of this new DLC before I make a positive or negative judgment on it. For example, we don't know the price of it, and it seems like there'll be more to it than just hotlaps. They mention some special cars, too, but I'm hoping it's something that won't impact online play much - perhaps something that's in the N-Series or Gr.X, and never sees rotation in the daily races/championships. Maybe a Pagani Zonda 760 LH?

Hopefully, at any rate, this content will make more use of the Lewis Hamilton "brand" in Brand Central. I'm thinking that if you could access races relevant to an automaker through their dealership like in GT4, this would be a great opportunity to add more stuff to the LH tab in Brand Central, and/or if the whole Brand Central style of UI returns in the next title, and PD is given the opportunity to re-arrange the campaign to have more "brand events" like in GT4. And it could include both races, time trials (like with this DLC) and other events; I think that whole approach would help the UX a decent bit.

Another example being if Red Bull was its own tab, which is where you'd find all the Red Bull cars, as well as time attack events in the vein of prior Red Bull challenge events featuring Vettel. I bet Ayrton Senna and his respective cars and events could be similarly-packaged, too.

Speaking as someone who has hit the 20 mill cap more times than i can remember and owns all the cars, the increase to 100 mill doesn't mean alot , unless of course they are going to release cars that cost more than 20 mill.

But to get a chance to try and beat the times of a living legend, and pick up some pointers from a pro racer , i'm all in , and hopefully pick up some new cars along the way, sounds like tons of fun to be had . :)

of course It will mean something. If you have 20 mil and buy a 20 mil car you will be left with nothing after that. If you have the 100 mil cap and maybe have 30 mil instead you won’t have to grind like crazy after that. It sucks to buy the 20 mil cars if the cap is at that level

Seems like a rebranded circuit experience mode... Only thing which is got my interest are the mysterious prizes.

I wont put my hope up with new or secret cars. Most likely be cars existing in the game with special liveries nothing more.

I think PD would have announced the cars if they were something truly special and worthwhile. Otherwise they have got something entirely wrong in the marketing realm of things.

I think PD would have announced the cars if they were something truly special and worthwhile. Otherwise they have got something entirely wrong in the marketing realm of things.
They did
Car Rewards
Cars will be awarded as special rewards for each challenge achievement level. Users who succeed in clearing the harder conditions will receive a special prize with a design supervised by Lewis Hamilton's very own "Project 44" team!
Maybe it'll be a Monster Energy livery. Maybe we finally get an AMG E63.

of course It will mean something. If you have 20 mil and buy a 20 mil car you will be left with nothing after that. If you have the 100 mil cap and maybe have 30 mil instead you won’t have to grind like crazy after that. It sucks to buy the 20 mil cars if the cap is at that level
Well , to clarify, i meant it doesn't mean alot to me or anyone else in the same situation as myself, ( that's why i said speaking as someone,etc,etc)
And it didn't suck to buy 20 million credit cars, i simply started again, it actually felt rather good.:)

Well , to clarify, i meant it doesn't mean alot to me or anyone else in the same situation as myself, ( that's why i said speaking as someone,etc,etc)
And it didn't suck to buy 20 million credit cars, i simply started again, it actually felt rather good.:)
I disagree never good starting from zero its Much better to have an better cap instead its sucks to empty bank for 20 mil car and you have a new update around corner and you maybe you won’t have time to grind up again

I disagree never good starting from zero its Much better to have an better cap instead its sucks to empty bank for 20 mil car and you have a new update around corner and you maybe you won’t have time to grind up again
I understand what you are saying. I never ran into any problems being low on credits,and i certainly didn't buy any expensive cars when there was an update coming .
Back in the time when there was only two expensive cars, i bought the 20 mill Jag, i also won the 330 P4 the same day , so i didn't have any worries being low on credits and once you own every car, grinding for credits is not an issue. Yes it will be nice to be able to save more credits but it's not something i'm overly excited about, which was my point.
But i'm definitely interested and excited about the LH time trials.:cheers:

I wont put my hope up with new or secret cars. Most likely be cars existing in the game with special liveries nothing more.

Could be like the chrome liners. What if its like more Homologation cars like the Gr. 3 / Gr. B road cars?

Could be like the chrome liners. What if its like more Homologation cars like the Gr. 3 / Gr. B road cars?
I doubt that they will be adding exclusive cars in groups used by Sport mode, as this might give drivers that buy the DLC an advantage, if the BoP is only slightly in those cars’ favour.

Back