Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

I've tinkered with a few of these, but haven't been able to really get into them, until this evening.

I'm on a controller, did 4-5 laps at DT yesterday and got silver on the first lap, but the chicane was pissing me off, and family was in and out, so stopped there. Did a lap at Maggie, and Willow, for a couple more silvers. After reading here that Monza appears to be easy, I dedicated some time to it this evening. Took me about an hour or so, but managed to gold it, and about .7 behind Hamilton.

If the car would turn, these wouldn't be near as difficult to do.

I would try and find out, but apparently the game isn't recognizing that people have downloaded the DLC, myself included. Can't say I'm surprised by this issue. :lol:

Untitled.png
View attachment 869312

Edit: It might have to do with the fact that the servers are still down. Once they're back up I'll see if the DLC works or not for me.
I had the same problem. Restarting game didn't work but loging (of ps4) out and loging in did

Have to say I'm usualy quite slow (5-3s of top players).
Don't know if it is my physical limitations (sharp turns are quite hard and my trail braking is probably off)

I tried interlagos and I'm 1.9s off Lewis (and I feel I can go faster)
Main place where I lose lots of time is the last S to the right
Somehow it feels doable. It probably also means I'm usually far off my limit.

I had the same problem. Restarting game didn't work but loging (of ps4) out and loging in did

Have to say I'm usualy quite slow (5-3s of top players).
Don't know if it is my physical limitations (sharp turns are quite hard and my trail braking is probably off)

I tried interlagos and I'm 1.9s off Lewis (and I feel I can go faster)
Main place where I lose lots of time is the last S to the right
Somehow it feels doable. It probably also means I'm usually far off my limit.
Try and minimize your trail braking and throttle lift where possible.

So my main account is a US one but I live in the UK and use a UK disc version of the game.

After seeing what you put I didn't risk buying it off the US store and instead bought it on the UK store with the intention of using it on my lesser used UK account.

It works on the UK as expected but as a bonus it also seems to work with my US account.
How is it working for you then?

I am confused now.

your car/physics is slower than the one Lewis used.

I'm not sure this is the case. At Willow his car does seem to turn better through T2 but it is possible to match him there if you're perfect. Elsewhere I noticed no discernible difference between his car and mine other than Monza where he get's poor straight line speed but that would be down to him getting bad corner exits.

How is it working for you then?

I am confused now.
I think it's the same as how PS Plus works, so if you buy it with the account you have PS Plus on, it should work on the accounts on the same console that PS Plus works on. I think you have to have the console set as the primary console for the account that has bought it, something like that. The info on the store says:

"Sign in to PlayStation Network is not required to use this on your primary PS4, but is required for use on other PS4 systems."

I'm not sure this is the case. At Willow his car does seem to turn better through T2 but it is possible to match him there if you're perfect. Elsewhere I noticed no discernible difference between his car and mine other than Monza where he get's poor straight line speed but that would be down to him getting bad corner exits.

Slower is probably a bad term. But we know that his times were set sometime last year with the old physics with less understeer. It's quite obvious looking at his brake/throttle inputs that you can't do the same thing and place the car on the same line. If you're an alien and normally within 1 second off the top times, then you can drive around the understeer and still have some margin to beat diamond time. But for the rest of us mortals it's gonna be difficult, if not impossible, because we don't have that margin in the first place AND we are handicapped by a car that doesn't turn in as well. My driving style really hates understeer (especially on throttle understeer, because that's what I use to rotate the car), so it's double whammy for me.

If you look at the pattern of "easy" circuits, it's pretty clear that those circuits rely more on exit traction (which is improved in the newer physics which basically adds rear grip). Monza, Interlagos (the whole laptime is based on exit from T1, T4 and Juncao basically). Whereas the harder challenges are flowing circuits with not a lot of stop-start corners (Willow, Brands). The rest fall somewhere in between because they have a mixture of both. Also Lion-Face (one of Oceania's aliens) mentioned in his video that Lewis is fast in the uphill section of Bathurst (which favours good turn in), but is relatively slow in the downhill part (which favours stability) and he's able to catch up there. The pattern makes perfect sense.

I mean at the end of the day I won't lose sleep over it. I've bought all the cars so I don't need the credits. I respect Lewis is better than a lot of us, but the amount of effort he puts in caught me by surprise and coupled with the physics discrepancy just demotivates me to try for diamond. I want that AMG VGT 44 but I feel the time commitment is disproportionate and not worth it.

I think it's the same as how PS Plus works, so if you buy it with the account you have PS Plus on, it should work on the accounts on the same console that PS Plus works on. I think you have to have the console set as the primary console for the account that has bought it, something like that. The info on the store says:

"Sign in to PlayStation Network is not required to use this on your primary PS4, but is required for use on other PS4 systems."
I have set US store account to primary but problem is i cant even install the dlc. It stays on waiting for install in downloads and when i go in it says application not found and redirects me to buying gt sport from US Store.

I dont know why its not installing even.

Are the golds in the LH challenge much more difficult than gold in circuit experience?

I'm only a mid DR B but can normally gold circuit experience first or second time. Looking forward to a bit of a challenge, but am fully expecting not to be anywhere near platinum sadly, especially with the new understeer that's come in.

As far back as 2007, your purchased content has always had to match the region of the game you're trying to install it into, but not the region of your account.

If you have a US version of the game, you need to buy the DLC from the US store. If the account you buy it on has that console activated as "Primary", all other accounts on that console will be able to use the game and DLC, regardless of region.

Are the golds in the LH challenge much more difficult than gold in circuit experience?
Yes.

Extremely yes.

Last edited:
So far im really enjoying this dlc. These challenges are far more interesting than your usual new GT league events. These rewards are pretty nice too and will get you at least a bit closer to one of the 20 mio cars...

The only gold i got so far is Monza, Silver everywhere is my priority, i will try to get Gold where i can, but this is a pretty intense challenge on most tracks!

I probably spent the longest amount of time on GT Sport yesterday trying to beat the times. I drove over 600KM in total, which I think is a record for me. These time trials are some of the hardest I've ever done, if not the hardest. One small error and your lap is ruined. The Mercedes AMG GT GT3 isn't great because the understeer is truly awful. I managed to beat the times on Monza and Maggiore, but struggled to beat the Nurburgring, Interlagos and Willow Springs times. Interlagos was a real struggle as I simply couldn't get the first corner right. However I managed to beat the gold times.

At least! Challenge in GTSport! I will probably never get the diamond times but it's so cool to see challenge back in Gran Turismo. If someone at Poly is reading my post; we want challenge in the next GT. Challenging gold times in license tests, challenging events with great rewards and a great feeling of satisfaction. The're could be two different times : one for wheel users and the second one for us; controller users.

I spend this morning for the LH TT. Earned bronze and silver very fast in the first four.
Gold is very dificult, but after eough try it is possible for me. Willow Springs I needed 370 Kilometres for reaching gold.

I'm more a lurker on the forum these days but was wondering what controller layout you guys use that are racing with a DualShock4?
My layout is like this but this gives me the disadvantage that I'm unable to brake and throttle at the same time like Hamilton does.
I already have a few gold but getting Diamond is near to impossible atleast with my current DS4 settings.

zmn7PfK.jpg

/edit:
I notice the layout is in Dutch but i'm steering and throttling using the sticks and shift gears using L2 and R2.

Bought the DLC to support PD. Enjoying playing it and watching streamers have a go themselves.

I’ll get the Gold’s but think most of the Diamonds will be out of reach. Maybe PD will adjust some of the targets needed to get 100m credits. Or maybe not!
If you can gold them all then you'll get the credit cap unlock at least. Although as you've mentioned you won't get the 100m credit reward or the Merc AMG VGT '44'

Does anyone know the way to test all the 20 million credit cars?

I seem to remember someone referencing a method that essentially allowed you to buy a car, test the car and then restart the console and you could get your credits back and try a different car.

I know the track decent enough to give Lewis a run for his diamond :lol:

- 3th gear is your friend! Apply it and the diamond will pretty quickly be yours.

I didn't use TCS since the car doesn't need it if you are gentle enough on the throttle when 2nd gear is needed! It's the only time you really need to be careful. For the rest, knowing the circuit is an absolute must and you need to be concentrated for at least 5 and a half minutes. Think that is the hardest on this track.

Does anyone know the way to test all the 20 million credit cars?

I seem to remember someone referencing a method that essentially allowed you to buy a car, test the car and then restart the console and you could get your credits back and try a different car.

Save your game beforehand in the cloud or on a memory stick, buy a car and if you don't like it, re-load the previous game session and try another car,

Save your game beforehand in the cloud or on a memory stick, buy a car and if you don't like it, re-load the previous game session and try another car,

I assume this has to be done offline though? As I thought GT Sport worked using online saves?

I have set US store account to primary but problem is i cant even install the dlc. It stays on waiting for install in downloads and when i go in it says application not found and redirects me to buying gt sport from US Store.

I dont know why its not installing even.

Check your discs. NTSC and PAL operate at different frame rates. If you have the wrong disc, you need the other. Also could be that your not using your true location and its trying to access the DLC through the wrong servers. Your game, PSN and console should all be registered at your current address. Personally, I have never been a fan of people using accounts in other countries or multiple accounts but that won't stop anyone. It seems to create conflict as it is illegal to register and compete in a region that isn't one's own region. There is also some legality issues when it comes to registering multiple PSN's for the same person with different addresses. You may have to research your local internet trade laws or the PlayStation Terms of Service agreement in order to resolve the DLC. If the game is one format and the DLC is downloading as another format due to your account being registered in a different country then you may have to create a new PSN in the country you currently live in.

Last edited:
Check your discs. NTSC and PAL operate at different frame rates.
This hasn't been relevant since the PS4 came out. Games operate at 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 4k at 30 and 60fps.

The only thing relevant here is that the DLC must match the region of your disc. It doesn't matter where your account is based, so long as the store you buy it from matches your disc's region. If I had a US copy of the game and buy the DLC from the US Store, I can use it on any account on my console - US, Europe, Asia, wherever.

Back