Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

I've finally been able to get a few hours with this DLC and I have to say, this DLC pack is to me, exactally what GT: Sport needs and needs more of!
This whole game is supposed to based around SPORT, it's in it's name and is also the name of one of it's main modes Sport mode. Yet as they've patched and updated the game, they've tried to shift it and move it towards a more traditional GT game, adding the career mode with AI who don't know the tracks (braking on the exit of Raidillion for example) and more road cars than actual race cars.

Finally, we have not only a hotlap video but a proper hot-lap challenge and against non-other than the 6x F1 WDC Lewis Hamilton. Awesome and the actual set up of the laps is really good too, with his and your ghosts, little videos etc. It would be nicer to have in-game guide so you knew where you where strong and weak, but it's great as it is.
This is what I've wanted since the start and would be happy to pay for more content that actually helped you become a better and faster driver. I want the GT Academy drivers to get together and do a proper tutorial on how to get S+ lap times. I want them to explain how what you feel in the car means and what it relates to and how you can setup the car to better match your driving style and preferences.

When you come to GT Sport you should be able to figure out how fast you are, what you like in a car, pick a car and manufacturer that matches and suits your driving style and then work with the game to get it setup properly for you, so you can get the most out of it. GT Sport should be teaching it's players how to get the most out of the work they've already done with the physics etc.

So yeah, this is a really good start, but GT Sport is in desperate need for more of this sort of content so that it can actually be a proper, stand alone GT game and not just some bizzaro-GT lite

Anyone knows if there´s a website or app that tracks the Hamilton times outside Top 10, like the stats on Kudosprime for weekly races?
Would be nice to see how many players got the diamond times on different tracks! :cheers:
Not that I know of, but you can probably ask this guy to see if it's possible to do such a thing. He runs a site that tracks current Daily Race times, as well as the Super Laps and the FIA Time Trial times.

Got gold on the last 3 today. Probably took me about 10 hours by my estimation. I will wait on the diamond ones for now.

I thought the difficulty on these were perfect. I hope they continue!

Jerome

Got this today and I'm playing on a DS4 atm (left my setup in Portugal and will built a new on next year) but I'm still not sure what I get if I gold all the challenges.

I golded Dragon Trail and Maggiore on my first try but Brands and Big Willow took around 30m each.

Last time I played with a controller was back on GT6 so I was expecting it to be harder to get gold, by what I'd read here on GTP.

The extra credits are welcome but I'll only be able to diamond all the challenges once I get a wheel.

Finally got the Nürburgring GP Gold. A track and car combo I always struggle with.

Now just Bathurst to Gold for the complete set. Have only got Diamond at Monza. Most others will be out of reach for me on a DS4.

Would love another set of Time Trials to go at with the new tracks. In fact I’d love to go up against any number of other real world drivers. It’s an enjoyable challenge and has improved my driving.

Got this today and I'm playing on a DS4 atm (left my setup in Portugal and will built a new on

The extra credits are welcome but I'll only be able to diamond all the challenges once I get a wheel.
Glad to hear that, I just got my Fanatec Elite and it has been a struggle. Still much faster with controller. I assume it’s a muscle memory thing, retraining myself after racing for years on a controller, so it won’t happen in a week or two?

Edit: Scratch that, much faster now. Settings and practice make the difference.

Last edited:
I finally decided to try and get the Diamond ones. I'll try and get as many as I can before GT7 comes out, but I haven't really practiced the Nord in a very, very super long time (think GT4 days), so that one I may not complete. The downhill @ Bathurst is always my weakest spot (and going uphill too sometimes :lol:) and I'm always behind at the Nurb GP too and I don't know why, haha. But the rest I 'think' I can do? I did do Dragon Trail last night in about an hour, I just got lucky at the chicane that time, I was up .3 entering it, then was a tad behind and then beat him by .02 :lol:

Jerome

I finally decided to try and get the Diamond ones. I'll try and get as many as I can before GT7 comes out, but I haven't really practiced the Nord in a very, very super long time (think GT4 days), so that one I may not complete. The downhill @ Bathurst is always my weakest spot (and going uphill too sometimes :lol:) and I'm always behind at the Nurb GP too and I don't know why, haha. But the rest I 'think' I can do? I did do Dragon Trail last night in about an hour, I just got lucky at the chicane that time, I was up .3 entering it, then was a tad behind and then beat him by .02 :lol:

Jerome
Biggest problem with getting Diamonds in the challenge is that I just hate driving the Merc, it feels like the car is floating above the track and it sounds just plain awful. Maybe if I could pipe in sound from a different car it might help. :D

Biggest problem with getting Diamonds in the challenge is that I just hate driving the Merc, it feels like the car is floating above the track and it sounds just plain awful. Maybe if I could pipe in sound from a different car it might help. :D
Yea the car does slip around a bit, she does have her limit though thats for sure.

I Diamonded (is that even a word?) Magiorre last night. I got it by about a half a tenth and just under 2 hours time. It's encouraging to start out 1.5 second back and chop that tree down.

Jerome

Last edited:
Yea the car does slip around a bit, she does have her limit though thats for sure.

I Diamonded (is that even a word?) Magiorre last night. I got it by about a half a tenth and just under 2 hours time. It's encouraging to start out 1.5 second back and chop that tree down.

Jerome
Yes it is satisfying. Spending that much time driving the same car on the same track really gets you "in tune" with the car. You really start to understand which corners are beneficial for trail braking, when you get it just right the car almost turns itself into the corner, you figure out things like maybe some corners require an early tap of the brake then just roll thru off power, etc. You learn a lot about the car and the track, some stuff will even apply to other cars or other turns at certain tracks in the same car. But nothing is more irritating than being 5/10ths up and watching it disappear when you make a mistake at the last turn. :mad::mad:

Last edited:
Yes it is satisfying. Spending that much time driving the same car on the same track really gets you "in tune" with the car. You really start to understand which corners are beneficial for trail braking, when you get it just right the car almost turns itself into the corner, you figure out things like maybe some corners require an early tap of the brake then just roll thru off power, etc. You learn a lot about the car and the track, some stuff will even apply to other cars or other turns at certain tracks in the same car. But nothing is more irritating than being 5/10ths up and watching it disappear when you make a mistake at the last turn. :mad::mad:
Indeed. I'm .25 back at Brands Hatch and I have no idea how to improve upon it atm. I'll come back to it later. I hear Willow is the hardest one, yay :lol: I think I'll give it a go next and see how close I can get.

Jerome

For sure Lewis wouldnt be that fast after maybe 1-2 hours of practicing when he visited PD to drive these laps.

Its called Hamilton DLC, but driven most likely by the developers.

For sure Lewis wouldnt be that fast after maybe 1-2 hours of practicing when he visited PD to drive these laps.

Its called Hamilton DLC, but driven most likely by the developers.
He did drive those laps. He has a full sim setup at home and most likely PD sent him the list of tracks he needs to do, and then he just sends PD the hotlap replays of each.

Hey I bought the LH Time trials Tuesday evening at 10pm but it says that I can't access it yet. It says in my paypal account that it's still pending. Someone told me that you have to wait a few days until after the charge clears, is he right?
1644535823116.png

Back