[licence] anyone else find A easier than B?

• Thread starter neepheid
  • 10 comments
Hi folks

It took me a few weeks (on and off) to get the B licence all gold (especially B-8: aargh!). My troubles were finally sorted out with some help from people here.

I got all gold in the A licence in one night (about 2-3 hours). The most troublesome test for me was A-7 (blind turn at Seattle track in a Camaro that handles like a brick), but even that only took about 20 goes (for a 14 second test, that's not much time).

Isn't it supposed to get harder as you progress? Undoubtedly I will have improved with all my efforts on B licence and quite a few races, but by this much?

As you can tell, I was pleasantly surprised :D. The RX-8 is not too bad a motor either :cool:.

well, after going through the B license, you'd probably be expecting something extremely difficult, sice B-8 takes a while.

then, when you started A, it's not that it was easier than B, it just wasn't as hard as you thought it would be. so, in effect, it seemed easier, compared to your preconceptions.

Found the same thing...I think because I didn't know how to drive when i started the license test B and by the time I was ending A my skills had improved ..... slightly

I usually find that the licenses with the more powerful cars :burnout: are easier? brnzmedal

Mind I probably wouldn't say that when I played GT for the first time :clock: (:gt:2)

There was no doubt that I was getting better at the game as I continued to go for the license golds.. it's a natural and very welcome side-effect! But honestly, I seemed to hit a brick wall when I came to R8. That sucker took me SOOOOOOOO long, I almost gave in and ruined my "perfect" gamesave. But I kept at it and good things happened.

It wasn't after a while until I started noticing myself using some of the same techniques during races that I was forced to use in the license tests...

I guess the IB and IA licenses were mostly uneventful, as I can only remember the circle tests. I definitely remember S2 though...

If you like the RX-8, just wait til you get the Viper GTSR Concept! I kept mine stock (it comes with medium racing tires), and blew away a lot of fields.

Have a great drive!

Hazzard

Well yes of course B-8 is a lot harder than all of the A license combined... I only have golds on A and B:( Hopefully i can get lucky and get a few more golds on IB and get me a Nissan!!!(P.S This is my second time through)

Getting golds is only necessary if

A) you want a nice car to start you off with no outlay (Mazda MX5 1.8i)
B) you want to seriously improve your driving (it has helped me greatly)
C) you want to show off :)
D) you don't consider a licence truly passed until all gold

But in the eyes of the game, a bronze suffices, for passing and percentage purposes.

So don't feel bad :D

Back